Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 8

Author Topic: Season 8  (Read 23418 times)

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Season 8
« on: July 07, 2015, 12:10:48 PM »
So with only 2 races to go it might be time to mention Season 8 and what we will be racing.
I'll go first and propose a single make low powered car series . . . . a nice change from the hyper cars.

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: Season 8
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 12:21:31 PM »
This fits the charter, so thread can now be closed.  ;D

[youtube]K_zzIqiDvjY[/youtube]

If we want something a bit more serious then maybe every round at Nords with a different car each week.  ;)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 12:28:31 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 12:31:56 PM »
I've been having some thoughts...

1. Abarth 500/Step 1 handicap (top half of field get the slower car), just to close up the field a little and spice it up a bit.
2. As above, but with close X-Bow & Lotus 2-11 (similar styles of car, similar performances).
3. Pagani Zonda R single make.

In general, I like the idea of multiple makes, giving a bit of a slight handicap. Otherwise every race is too predictable. But discuss away...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 12:58:16 PM »
I think the Zonda R is pretty much a repeat of this season in a slightly better car.

Abarth 500 would be interesting but could keep all the same with the same race format as this season. Short sprint race and longer reverse grid race 2 is enough handicap I think.

Xbow vs 2-11 sounds interesting and I think the cars are quite similar in the same way as the laferrari and p1 just at slower speeds.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 01:11:09 PM »
What I'm thinking with the Zonda is that some people don't like road cars, and prefer race cars. This would be a race car option.

There will be a poll with a few options, as always.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 01:30:59 PM »
The zonda r isnt exactly a race car as I dont think it was in any actual race series. Its just a track day hypercar special kind of like the p1gtr or laferrai fxxk would be. You may want to consider the mclaren f1gtr, sauber c9 or even 458s3 which is supposed to be the 458 challenge cup car if your want a more race specific car.

Rolz

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 01:34:58 PM »
+1 for the slower type of cars... Abarth500 or that little Alfa like we had that one time in between season... or was it a mid season fun race...

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2015, 03:33:47 PM »
I'm up for anything.... ANYTHING.

Would it be worth considering a tyre handicap with the slower cars - semi-slicks v road?  Not sure if you could monitor it using laps in ptracker or something, or whether it would just be up to the honesty of the individual?

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2015, 04:07:47 PM »
Good thing about slower cars is that the whole field can better handle them and in my experience it keeps the field close together as they flog the daylights out of their little engines.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2015, 05:14:19 PM »
The Alfa 4C could be a good option. Interesting to drive and handles pretty good so could be a fun series?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2015, 06:21:23 PM »
I'm up for anything.... ANYTHING.

Would it be worth considering a tyre handicap with the slower cars - semi-slicks v road?  Not sure if you could monitor it using laps in ptracker or something, or whether it would just be up to the honesty of the individual?

It would have to be an honesty system. There's no way of knowing who's on what, so that's of dubious value. People will forget...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 07:20:51 PM »
If ptracker was compulsory then you can check what everyone runs in race results. You could also run z4 s1 vs standard with standard only having street tyres and the s1 option for semi slicks.

If that was to be the go simply have a basic rule anyone running the wrong tyres gets no points in the race, its up to everyone to run the correct ones and saying you simply forgot wont mean much as you lose all points. Pretty sure people wont forget every round and also not having ptracker would mean no points are given.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:26:19 PM by marty »

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2015, 10:53:08 AM »
Liking the sound of X-Bow & Lotus 2-11, or as Gratulin suggested the Alfa 4C looks good too.
Ahhhh, new season brainstorming, good times!!  :D

Rolz

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 10:55:35 AM »
This fits the charter, so thread can now be closed.  ;D

[youtube]K_zzIqiDvjY[/youtube]

If we want something a bit more serious then maybe every round at Nords with a different car each week.  ;)

Would to hilarious to host this on the vallaluga-sprint one evening or have it as a pub server side dish :)

Offline JamieP

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2015, 02:12:32 PM »
I like the idea of low grip, low power and good setup options. Usually results in closer racing

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal