Xtreme Gaming Network

ABs silly videos

Author Topic: ABs silly videos  (Read 17372 times)

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: ABs silly videos
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2020, 03:52:38 PM »
For context, jumping ahead...

2016?.. Cayman S around Sandown. another car I shouldn't have sold (wife agrees on this one..).

Crikey, that car was fast  :o :o :o :o 8) 8) I would not have sold it either :'(
I was wrong, The Bend footage blew me away. I cannot even imagine the buzz that would give you :o :o :o.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2020, 08:30:15 PM »
Ok so I've got a few track vids from before, too.   These were done with the stage2 tuned Toyota 86 - I loved that car, too, especially on the track, it was meant to be taken out.
I've a wet session record here, too.  But it's nowhere near that bad.  (to see the others if you like, copy this link in - sorry I can't just leave put the link here, the forum software converts it into a video: www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=NoKwB7upTVc&list=UUZ7i-XgnXjRB3zIqO0X1hrw )

Also I dared not completely take the TC off at this point, yet.  Later I had sessions with TC off, but I have stopped making videos of these sessions after a while.   I should have taken tc off earlier, it's a lot more educational; and catching the 86 mid-spin is actually very easy - with years of online experience, hehe. ;)

Nice one Bird, Wakefield was the track I went to for a lot of Historic racing ( I used to live in Canberra) great track for spectators as you can see all of the track :). I will be interested in watching some dry track action of you ;) from your link.

Nice of you to say that, thanks.

Well, the link is there, I think that gives you all the videos...some of them are Wakefield, some are Eastern Creek.

Here's an early one, fast lap at Wakefield.
This is all on semi slicks in the dry, so I could pull very nice corners :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2020, 09:27:18 PM by Bird »

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2020, 09:30:51 PM »
Oh, here's this one;  I'm chasing down an M4.   He can pull 100m on me on the main straight, but simply can't leave me behind the rest of the track.
Not wakefield, but it's one of my favourite few laps ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2020, 09:33:48 PM »
AB that fezza must have been fun.   I was toying with the idea of driving the rentable 360 around EC (you can see me overtaking it on the previous video at the start)  But since it's a very expensive exercise, I gave up on it (it was $700 for essentially a single 20-min session of driving)  But I regret not trying it, now.  I can no longer survive these G-forces without getting very sick.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2020, 10:52:34 PM »
AB, how did you get your car from state to state? Did you drive the Porsche to SA?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2020, 04:15:02 PM »
Oh, here's this one;  I'm chasing down an M4.   He can pull 100m on me on the main straight, but simply can't leave me behind the rest of the track.
Not wakefield, but it's one of my favourite few laps ;)

Now that would have been fun 8) M4 in theory a much faster car but not in this case. Very nice laps at Wakefield with the slicks too Bird.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2020, 05:40:48 PM »
Looks perfectly safe to me AB ;D , grip level is much higher than I was expecting, what track was that?

Tailem Bend - my new favorite track.  Doesn't look that good on TV but it is an awesome drive.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2020, 05:44:06 PM »
AB, how did you get your car from state to state? Did you drive the Porsche to SA?

In this case I drove it over.  It was a private, 2 day, track hire with a group of Melb cars.  I was too late to get on the transport package and the cost to ship just mine alone was silly.

I did learn that you can get from Tailem Bend to Melb CBD on a single tank of fuel on the way back ;)

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2020, 09:21:09 PM »
Deep into withdrawal now... have missed both a Sandown and PI track day and was supposed to be heading of to Tassie for the Targa Tour this week..

Reminiscing the first session around PI after the GT3 was run in, eye opening.

PI is a proper mans track, I drive it like a boy.  I am reliably informed Stoner (T3) and Hayshead (T8) should be flat on a good run. ah..... no.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2020, 09:24:03 PM by ab156 »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2020, 09:00:20 AM »
You're hitting the apexes well. 1.4 lateral G's is pretty hefty. Where are you getting that telemetry from?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2020, 07:02:12 PM »
thats cool,  be awesome fun I reckon, 
shame you are missing Targa
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2020, 05:54:46 PM »
You're hitting the apexes well. 1.4 lateral G's is pretty hefty. Where are you getting that telemetry from?

That session was just with the Porsche Precision App on my "burner  :-X phone".  It's not too bad, the car has a wi-fi network that is used to send the ODBCII data across, just associate the phone to that network.  I ended up ditching it as the video was doing my head in.  You are supposed to be able to sync with a gopro but I (nobody) can get it to work so you are stuck with using the camera on the phone.

I now have a AIM Solo 2 which plugs onto the ODBII on the car and pulls data, I can then use that data to overlay video (e.g. Tailem Bend).  Bit more work but better results. You also get full Motec readable data output.

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 16, 2021, 10:29:05 PM »
Finally made my debut at Winton. Never been too interested in going based on sim / layout however turned out to be very educational.

Main thing is managing entry speed, through the "cleavage" but mainly in T10 and T11 you can see I am far too aggressive on entry which costs mid and exit speed.

My entry into the sweeper is a bit embarrassing, always looks much slower on video, should be up a gear and 10kp/h. I get more confident mid to exit as the run continues however the exit ripple strip on the right looks terrifying when at the limit of front grip.

These three laps were chasing Fitzy in his "slightly"  ??? modified 718, different class car, good fun.

Finally, the dash lap time and overlay have different timing points. The incar uses the V8 (new) start / finish, club and video use the old start / finish (old),

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2021, 08:05:58 AM »
Nice. I like the dash laptime display. It's good to see that you numbered your car after your XGN name ;)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2021, 08:55:06 AM »
Very nice driving, mate.  It's so much harder to get consistent fast laps out IRL!  But a lot more fun.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal