Xtreme Gaming Network

READ ME: Assetto Corsa at XGN

Author Topic: READ ME: Assetto Corsa at XGN  (Read 55000 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
READ ME: Assetto Corsa at XGN
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:40:11 AM »
XGN are hosting Tuesday night league races in a friendly but competitive environment, which Australian or New Zealand racers are welcome to join. Qualifying starts at 8:30pm Eastern time. To join, register an account here at XGN, and post in one of the sign-up posts in this forum.

Servers
The XGN practice server (up 24x7) is called XGN.COM.AU Tues League Practice.
The XGN race night server is called XGN TUE RACE. This server is only up on race nights.

The race server has a set entry list, meaning you can only join the race server if you have signed up on these forums and signed up for a season. PM Wally to get the password.

Once you've signed up, PM me (Wally) your Assetto Corsa GUID (your driver ID, e.g. 76561197992453305). You can find your GUID in My documents/assetto corsa/cfg/race.ini, once you've joined any online server to have the game record your GUID.

To find the XGN server, set your online filters as shown here and search for XGN.

Pit Lane Penalty app - mandatory app
The Pit Lane Penalty app is mandatory for season races. It is used to penalise excessive track cutting. You can download the app here.
It gives you 3 warnings for cutting the track and on the 4th cut, you will get 10 seconds added to your race time at the end of the race.

Current Season Rules
Look for the stickied current season sign up thread in the Tuesday sub-forum, to read about any rules specific to the current season.

Discord
Discord is encouraged, for fun and better communication, so you know when the server is being restarted between races, when it's back up etc.
You can download it here: https://discordapp.com/

To join, use this link: https://discord.gg/fWYBSxp

The server is called XGN Assetto Corsa, and there is one general channel.

Please configure Push To Talk, which you can find in the Audio settings somewhere.

Recommended Apps
The Helicorsa app is recommended, to give you awareness of cars around you.
A track map app such as the one built into AC is also recommedned, to give you awareness of oncomign traffic when exiting pits are re-entering the track after an accident.

Turn 1 Racing Etiquette
To avoid turn 1 incidents, in turns 1 and 2 of the opening lap, stay on your side of the track, i.e. leave racing room for the cars around you. Don't close up the gap by cutting acorss to the apex on the other side of the track. All cars will come through safely this way without big pileups.

Redress
If you hit someone else in a race and unfairly gain a position, e.g. if they've gone off the track, you are expected to redress and give that position back as soon as it's safe to do so. The best way is to pull off the racing line on the next straight and slow a little so the other guy can pass you safely. Communicate on Discord so everyone knows what you're doing.

New Starters Checklist - Mandatory steps
  • Read this post!
  • PM Wally your GUID and tell him what name you'd like to race as
  • Download and install the Pit Lane Penalty app.
New Starters Checklist - Recommended steps
Facebook
Check out our Facebook Page.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 10:52:36 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Jacka

• View Profile
Re: Assetto Corsa at XGN
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »
Wally,

I'm a recent member of XGN and have yet to race on any of your servers.   I'm at best an average driver but I try to race as fairly as my talents allow.  I have only dabbled on the public AC servers to this point and though enjoyable the experience can be very frustrating at times. 

I think it's time I ventured into organised racing servers such as XGN.  I would be greatly appreciative if I was allowed entry to your AC servers.
My GUID is 76561198012604387.

I hope this is the correct method to apply for access.

Regards

Jamie McManus (Jacka)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 02:53:37 PM »
Wally,

I'm a recent member of XGN and have yet to race on any of your servers.   I'm at best an average driver but I try to race as fairly as my talents allow.  I have only dabbled on the public AC servers to this point and though enjoyable the experience can be very frustrating at times. 

I think it's time I ventured into organised racing servers such as XGN.  I would be greatly appreciative if I was allowed entry to your AC servers.
My GUID is 76561198012604387.

I hope this is the correct method to apply for access.

Regards

Jamie McManus (Jacka)

Hi Jacka and welcome to XGN. Thanks for your GUID. At this stage, the Tuesday night grids are full, but I'll put you down on the reserve list. Keep an eye on your PMs/emails as I'll let you know if a grid spot is available. A spot comes up more often than you'd think, with people not being able to make it for various reasons.

We also have some informal fun races on Thursday nights.

I'll also PM you the server passwords, which will get you into the Practice and Fun servers. In the meantime, make sure you read the rules section of the first post here: http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=402.msg4729
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline ThatMikeGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »
Hi Wally,

Just like Jacka, i'm a new member of xgn. I recently got Assetto Corsa, and have been going hard at the public servers (well when i can actually get in one;) ) I like to think my sim racing skills are pretty decent; my primary racing sim background is LFS, which i've played for a very long time, and of course still do. Now with AC around i'd love to be able to race with some fellow Australian's. Just like Jacka mentioned, the other servers i've played on can be quite frustrating.. primarily due to the high ping.

My GUID is 76561198024384480.

Again, i'm not really sure on how to apply so this was my best guess :s. Sorry if it's not :) I'd be very grateful if you were to accept me on your servers.

Thanks for reading,
Regards,

Michael Maujean
A.k.a ThatMikeGuy

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 01:19:44 PM »
Hi Wally,

Just like Jacka, i'm a new member of xgn. I recently got Assetto Corsa, and have been going hard at the public servers (well when i can actually get in one;) ) I like to think my sim racing skills are pretty decent; my primary racing sim background is LFS, which i've played for a very long time, and of course still do. Now with AC around i'd love to be able to race with some fellow Australian's. Just like Jacka mentioned, the other servers i've played on can be quite frustrating.. primarily due to the high ping.

My GUID is 76561198024384480.

Again, i'm not really sure on how to apply so this was my best guess :s. Sorry if it's not :) I'd be very grateful if you were to accept me on your servers.

Thanks for reading,
Regards,

Michael Maujean
A.k.a ThatMikeGuy

Hi Mike. Thanks, that's great. Come along tonight to the fun race at Blackwood. Choose whatever car you want. TeamSpeak is a good idea.  It's just easier to know what's going on. Then if all goes well, you can sign up for season 3 in the Tuesday night sub-forum in the season 3 sign up thread.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 03:21:54 PM »
Howdy ThatMikeGuy and Jacka,

I have added you to the Thursday night server, you will need the Cobra mod if you wish to join, and your welcome to.  you should be able to join without using password, but Wally will have sent it just in case.

Jump to the Thursday thread... http://www.xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=444.0

I have upped the server from 16 to 18, I am expecting all to be okay on the night with 18, possibly not all will arrive, if it fails... lets worry about it then,

cheers,
Bruce
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 03:39:44 PM »
Bloody hell I cant make RSR live timing run in assetto corsa,it was working last time I run it, It does not show up in apps  unzip Steam library>steamapps>common>assetto corsa

is that right?.....bugger

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 04:03:11 PM »
Bloody hell I cant make RSR live timing run in assetto corsa,it was working last time I run it, It does not show up in apps  unzip Steam library>steamapps>common>assetto corsa

is that right?.....bugger

From memory I think it goes something like AC/python/apps/

Or it could be AC/content/python/apps

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 04:05:25 PM »
The RSR zip I got needs to be unpacked in /steam/steamApps/common/AssettoCorsa/ (right in the main forlder) as it contains apps & content & launcher directories.  Unless it has changed...this is v2.0.016

But it has an installation guide, too:
http://nkpro.radiators-champ.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=257&Itemid=115

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 04:57:18 PM »
Don't forget you need to enable apps in Options. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 06:37:48 PM »
Don't forget you need to enable apps in Options. ;)

ye...spot on Bacchulum,i saw it in the options, there is even a click with"RSR livetiming apps in game...

thx to all
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 06:46:01 PM by Simone »

Offline Captain Slow

• View Profile
Re: READ ME: Assetto Corsa at XGN
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 04:38:41 PM »
Afternoon

76561198848478075 (Got from content manager)
aka SuperFast
Any races are fine with me (longer the better)

Looking forward to some hard competetive fair racing (on a server not pinging 300+)

Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal