Xtreme Gaming Network

ptracker/stracker

Author Topic: ptracker/stracker  (Read 35980 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
ptracker/stracker
« on: November 20, 2014, 04:08:25 PM »
Not sure about this one...

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ptracker.3509/
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stracker.3510/

It wasn't very accurate in early releases but latest update a few days ago could make it worth testing again.

Good feature is ability to share setups.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 04:10:19 PM by Gratulin »

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: ptracker/stracker
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2015, 02:42:30 PM »
Ive been using this on all my servers with stracker and if people also run Ptracker you can see server best laptimes, plus live positions and splits if enabled. It also easily lets people share setups within the game so really worth people using this. Also if people use Ptracker on stracker servers there is more info about each drivers settings and splits (splits only work on tracks you have completed a clean sp lap on the same track)

At first this was giving me a large FPS hit when the server was full but recent builds have had no noticeable impact with 24 people in a server.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2015, 04:02:57 PM »
Yep. This is now excellent. Well worth using.

Would be good to get more setups shared during race nights. Would help to "level" the field??

Online Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2015, 05:11:01 PM »
Need to get another screen before I use any more apps, my 3 are filled up. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2015, 05:39:20 PM »

Try having one screen and a FOV of 35!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2015, 06:05:05 PM »
ptracker replaces whatever you use for qual/race position tracking eg Leaderboard, ferrito etc

Offline PC49NZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2015, 06:09:46 PM »
Hello All.

Are these two file just for servers only, or should everyone have one or both as I have never heard of them which is no surprise being a newbie.

Regards,
PC49NZ

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »
Hello All.

Are these two file just for servers only, or should everyone have one or both as I have never heard of them which is no surprise being a newbie.

Regards,
PC49NZ

Ptracker goes on your PC, as an AC app. Stracker only goes on the server.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 02:32:03 PM »
Anyone using ptracker should update to the latest build of 2.8.1 experimental, It for many runs much better then older versions and also has fixed the connectivity issue when running multi server configs like I do.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ptracker.3509/updates

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2015, 07:59:24 AM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 03:37:13 PM »
For the practice server I am running the experimental build of stracker and I found allowing all old versions to connect did cause some extra warping so only the current latest version will be able to connect. I think both stable and experimental builds should but possibly only ptracker experimental 3.1.2 will be able to connect to the server now until the stable build gets an update.

Latest builds always linked in the first post with experimental builds at the bottom of the first post here.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ptracker-stracker-v3-0-fix-network-bandwidth-problems.13169/

Setup sharing "should" work on the practice server if anyone is running 3.1.2 experimental ptracker, Neys says you may need the latest Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 in order for this to work though.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=48145
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:40:14 PM by marty »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2015, 05:05:44 PM »
Hey Martian, is there a link to the times on the XGN tuesday prac server somewhere?  I dug up a link from Zandvoort but it was disconnected.

Wally, maybe it would be good to put this link in the first post of each "pre-race" thread?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2015, 06:39:35 PM »
Hey Martian, is there a link to the times on the XGN tuesday prac server somewhere?  I dug up a link from Zandvoort but it was disconnected.

Wally, maybe it would be good to put this link in the first post of each "pre-race" thread?
I concur.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »
I had to restart the server again due to it starting to warp out, no idea why it does that but has been fine since. This means a new IP for the server and so the stracker link also changes, I don't understand what drags the servers down after a while unless something stays constantly connected to it or is also capturing data off stracker somewhere else.

There is the link http://52.64.171.5:50041/lapstat?track=mugello&cars=vsfr-formularenault35_2014_hdf&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I was posting the link on my server thread in the official forum but wont be doing that any more as for some unknown reason I have needed to change server IP fairly often to avoid it becoming a warp fest.

Last nite it was warping out real bad with everyone then after a full server reset it was fine except for some reason Matthew was still warping quite badly but he was the only one doing so out of everyone else I saw in the server and his ping was jumping between about 15 and 60.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:24:56 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2015, 11:29:49 PM »
I had to restart the server again due to it starting to warp out, no idea why it does that but has been fine since. This means a new IP for the server and so the stracker link also changes, I don't understand what drags the servers down after a while unless something stays constantly connected to it or is also capturing data off stracker somewhere else.

There is the link http://52.64.171.5:50041/lapstat?track=mugello&cars=vsfr-formularenault35_2014_hdf&valid=1,2&date_from=&date_to=

I was posting the link on my server thread in the official forum but wont be doing that any more as for some unknown reason I have needed to change server IP fairly often to avoid it becoming a warp fest.

Last nite it was warping out real bad with everyone then after a full server reset it was fine except for some reason Matthew was still warping quite badly but he was the only one doing so out of everyone else I saw in the server and his ping was jumping between about 15 and 60.

You can get a permanent IP address from AWS for a few dollars. I can't remember how much it is. That's what I've done for the Tuesday server.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal