Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC News

Author Topic: ACC News  (Read 123216 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: ACC News
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2019, 09:32:08 AM »
Let’s hope we don’t need a 2090 SUPER to run triples

Nah I was averaging about 70fps with stretched triples on that 2070 super and with a little overclock was more like 80fps. My CPU may come into it a bit though

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2019, 09:21:31 PM »
1.1 update is here. Downloading it now.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2019, 10:43:27 AM »
Gave the triple stuff a go last night and it's great. First you need to set the 'Triple Screen' option in the Video Settings, then when in game go to the pause menu and 'View' settings to set monitor distance, angle, width etc just like AC.

I noticed a small drop in fps; probably as technically they need 3 different cameras in the scene rather than one, but it was't drastic and still ran round 60fps on high settings.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
ACC News
« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
Also tried the triple support and is pretty good. Someone in Kunos worked some magic!

But now I’ve “bricked” my wheelbase via a failed firmware update... it never ends...I’m going back to my horse and buggy...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 12:02:30 PM by Gratulin »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2019, 12:16:25 PM »
I also updated and it looks muuuuch better.  Can someone tell me how to see your FPS in this?
I have an older graphics car and whilst it is running, its a bit jittery, so I think it is doing it hard!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2019, 12:30:05 PM »
I also updated and it looks muuuuch better.  Can someone tell me how to see your FPS in this?
I have an older graphics car and whilst it is running, its a bit jittery, so I think it is doing it hard!
I use MSI Afterburner

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2019, 12:45:57 PM »
There's a config file in your documents, hud.json from memory, that has a showFPS 0/1 setting.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2019, 03:33:36 PM »
There's a config file in your documents, hud.json from memory, that has a showFPS 0/1 setting.

Yeah that's what I did. I think there is an option in Steam too somewhere

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2019, 06:12:28 PM »
Thanks Wally and Gratulin, I will look into both!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2019, 07:18:53 PM »
Thanks Wally and Gratulin, I will look into both!
I just tried Wally’s suggestion. Much easier and better if you just want FPS.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2019, 10:36:44 PM »
In AC I get around 90FPS, however in ACC with pretty much everything turned right down the best I can get is mid 50FPS.
It looks reasonable!! and seems to be pretty driveable but with settings turned up to pretty its fairly crap.
Tried a bit of overclocking but ACC just froze up on loading so don't think it worth going there....
I'm using a Geforce GTX 970 which I know is an older card now . . . but I'm stuck with it for now!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2019, 08:06:56 AM »
In AC I get around 90FPS, however in ACC with pretty much everything turned right down the best I can get is mid 50FPS.
It looks reasonable!! and seems to be pretty driveable but with settings turned up to pretty its fairly crap.
Tried a bit of overclocking but ACC just froze up on loading so don't think it worth going there....
I'm using a Geforce GTX 970 which I know is an older card now . . . but I'm stuck with it for now!

*cough* GTX 1070 for sale... *cough*

I did upgrade the 1070 in part for ACC though as I still wasn't that happy with the frame rate on the 1070. The other reason was Red Dead 2 which comes out in a couple of weeks!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 09:23:11 AM by Joe »

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2019, 08:53:24 AM »
From GT Planet...may help.

there is 2 new settings that seem to help with FPS, on top of the overall optimization that came with 1.11. In video/advanced settings, car LOD quality, I have mine at 75%, and HLOD, I have enabled it and save some FPS without side effect that I can see.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2019, 12:36:46 PM »
From GT Planet...may help.

there is 2 new settings that seem to help with FPS, on top of the overall optimization that came with 1.11. In video/advanced settings, car LOD quality, I have mine at 75%, and HLOD, I have enabled it and save some FPS without side effect that I can see.
Just checked and with selected default "HIGH" setting (rather than "EPIC") it has car LOD at 70% and HLOD enabled.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2019, 12:43:14 PM »
As always, shadows are the biggest fps killer. Try turning them down. Car lod can go down to 25% without any ill effects.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal