Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R5: Silverstone GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R5: Silverstone GP Race Chat  (Read 14682 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S16R5: Silverstone GP Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2017, 09:37:05 AM »
Race day forecast is heading for a chilly 14 degrees!
And that's after I've added 5 degrees.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2017, 10:25:57 AM »
Race day forecast is heading for a chilly 14 degrees!
And that's after I've added 5 degrees.

I will change it, without blankets at that temp will be quit different to with them on so your not going to learn much but thats how they want it.  ;)

Interesting thing is will the track get faster or slower at these temps, there will be more power but tyres will likely run cooler. 20c was maybe .5 faster then 26c due to more power will 14c gain another .5 or lose it due to the cooler tyres and lower grip? even with tyre blankets on they will drop off a fair bit so start pressures will likely be way too high early but it will reduce early graining so balance will be different until the tyres cool off.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 11:02:27 AM by marty »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »
If it's that cold it will probably take longer to come down to operating temp. from the blankets than will to get up to temp. without them. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2017, 12:21:59 PM »
Tested a couple runs in the server, first 2 laps still you learn nothing but pressures start higher with some temp so muppets will be able to get around t1. Takes about 4 laps to get tyres settled down so doing less then that will teach you nothing, no rear graining with blankets but fronts dont get to temp so just grain more and car gets more and more pushy as the stint goes on. Without blankets it will still grain more at front but early will get some rear grain so balance will likely stay more neutral a bit longer but less grip overall due to grain. Rear tyres will get to operating temp and start to scrub graining front right will never get there as even with blankets its cold half way around the outlap and will stay there. Front left is nearly in the temp window and a bit more speed so likely laptimes will be a bit quicker at these temps though I was .1 slower without putting in a great lap.

The tyre blankets will make races less crappy with randoms but many here dont actually seem to like practice racing in mp and mostly just hotlap, racing others you will learn much more then lapping solo. See other peoples lines and if your a bit off the pace just following someone a bit quicker can easily gain you a few tenths. Also this track spotting reference points when following someone close is very hard so the more racing you do the better you will be in racing. Points are given out after the races too with only 1 point for pole and 1 for fastest lap, using solo hotlap reference points I think will put anyone in trouble in tight traffic here.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2017, 01:39:33 PM »
Tested a couple runs in the server, first 2 laps still you learn nothing but pressures start higher with some temp so muppets will be able to get around t1. Takes about 4 laps to get tyres settled down so doing less then that will teach you nothing, no rear graining with blankets but fronts dont get to temp so just grain more and car gets more and more pushy as the stint goes on. Without blankets it will still grain more at front but early will get some rear grain so balance will likely stay more neutral a bit longer but less grip overall due to grain. Rear tyres will get to operating temp and start to scrub graining front right will never get there as even with blankets its cold half way around the outlap and will stay there. Front left is nearly in the temp window and a bit more speed so likely laptimes will be a bit quicker at these temps though I was .1 slower without putting in a great lap.

The tyre blankets will make races less crappy with randoms but many here dont actually seem to like practice racing in mp and mostly just hotlap, racing others you will learn much more then lapping solo. See other peoples lines and if your a bit off the pace just following someone a bit quicker can easily gain you a few tenths. Also this track spotting reference points when following someone close is very hard so the more racing you do the better you will be in racing. Points are given out after the races too with only 1 point for pole and 1 for fastest lap, using solo hotlap reference points I think will put anyone in trouble in tight traffic here.

You are incredible Marty!!!!! :-* :-*  Are you a racing engineer ???   you must LLLLove your online racing :( :( :(  lololol    thx for the infos mate ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2017, 06:40:42 PM »
Id rather race for real but its a big money pit lol, all my real world proper race car driving other then karting was just testing so even though I got to drive a few cool cars I never really got to race them. In sims you can spend a bit of money for a decent setup and race as much as you like, I gave up on sims for quite a while as none of them quite had that natural feeling to me and AC has this feel so I am kind of hooked you can say.  ;) Being able to jump into a server and have some good hard race battles is great fun and its unlikely I will do more then the odd track day these days and Ive always loved driving and racing so if I have spare time I will jump in and do some laps.

Leagues are great and sure not many have as much time to practice etc but overall the racing has been great, often pub server races can be great and just the simple one on one battles with others while pushing as hard as I can is what I like most about sims. I nearly got a deal together with some friends to get into Aussie gt3 series last year but it fell through and no way I can fund my own car so sim racing will have to give me my fix.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2017, 07:46:35 PM »
Interesting story Marty.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2017, 06:12:49 PM »
Server's up. It's a chilly 12 degrees and 15 degrees at Silverstone today.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2017, 06:33:28 PM »
Not feeling confident for this one. Way off the pace. I'm definitely missing something in my lines or something...

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2017, 06:41:00 PM »
Not feeling confident for this one. Way off the pace. I'm definitely missing something in my lines or something...

:)

Offline Slow_As

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2017, 06:44:17 PM »
ditto.

Not really sure how far off track is ok a lot of the time..... I shall join you in slow town

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2017, 06:46:58 PM »
ditto.

Not really sure how far off track is ok a lot of the time..... I shall join you in slow town
You have time to learn where the cuts are :)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 09:13:25 PM »
Very sorry, Freezer, for the shunt early on!  Completely my fault.  I just can't judge the front of the cars properly it seems. 

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 11:23:56 PM »
Very sorry, Freezer, for the shunt early on!  Completely my fault.  I just can't judge the front of the cars properly it seems.
Yes unfortunately it cost me a fair bit . . . but I won't hold that against you  >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal