Xtreme Gaming Network

League season 1 thoughts

Author Topic: League season 1 thoughts  (Read 19758 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
League season 1 thoughts
« on: May 28, 2014, 07:58:18 PM »
What I'm thinking for our first season, starting in a couple of weeks or so, is to race with the BMW E30 Group A and DTM variants.
Everyone starts in the slower Group A, then at the end of the round, the bottom half of the grid gets put into the slightly faster DTM version for the next round. Your car could change every round, depending on whether you finish in the top or bottom half for the overall round. This will keep the field more bunched up.

We'll probably have 2 races per round, of say 20 mins duration each. I'm not sure yet what to do before race 2, since I don't think you can set the starting positions on the grid yet. It might need a separate qualifying session before race 2, maybe shorter than the first qualifying session.

We could time it like this:
Qual 1: 20 mins
Race 1: 20 mins
Qual 2: 10 mins
Race 2: 20 mins
(1 hour 10 all up)

The tracks would be:
  • Imola
  • Magione
  • Monza
  • Mugello
  • Nurburgring
  • Silverstone International
  • Vallelunga Club
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: League season 1 thoughts
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2014, 08:39:34 PM »
gee, the DTM isn't just a little bit faster...or is it.  It could be a real chaos - or it could be real good fun :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2014, 08:43:42 PM »
I was looking at the friends leaderboards. We've got quite a range of times. I think it will work.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2014, 10:10:51 PM »
I'm up for anything really.

Can I suggest though, if the interest is there, that you run a "tin-top" series and an open-wheel series concurrently.  You could do tin-tops Tuesday nights and open-wheelers Wednesday nights, or similar.  That way you would cater for drivers of varying interests across what AC offers.

Just a thought.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2014, 10:25:30 PM »
I'm up for anything really.

Can I suggest though, if the interest is there, that you run a "tin-top" series and an open-wheel series concurrently.  You could do tin-tops Tuesday nights and open-wheelers Wednesday nights, or similar.  That way you would cater for drivers of varying interests across what AC offers.

Just a thought.

I won't have time to run two nights. It's better to concentrate the field on one night. There will be plenty of time to explore the many cars that AC has to offer.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2014, 10:57:36 PM »
yea.....love it

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2014, 01:46:12 PM »
Sounds interesting I dont think I have really taken much notice on the actual pace difference of these cars but will help mix it up a little.

Will be good if it mixes up a bit in each season and varies cars not just the same thing every week, AC has such a nice varied range of cars and I havent found one I dont like yet even though I may prefer some.

I hope I can make most races but with work I dont have any set 9-5 schedule so can be home most nites but cant be sure about every week if running late or away for a few weeks too.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2014, 01:54:08 PM »
Each season will definitely mix it up. We certainly won't be dedicated to tintops, open wheelers, race cars, or street cars. They're all there for the picking. I often run a poll too, to see what kind of racing people want next. It's still early days for AC though. We'll have to see what's coming in terms of classes of cars etc and other MP features. I'd like to have mixed fields of cars, but there's quite big discrepancies between a lot of the cars at the moment.

It's not a problem if anyone can't make it here and there on certain weeks.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »
Thank you once again Wally for organising the A/C season. As always, creative and well great structure...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Rolz

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 12:18:01 PM »
I'm keen... though I must admit Silverstone isn't my favourite track... pretty well sits last on the list of all available on AC :-P

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 01:38:28 PM »
Question Wally.
There's no server "set-up" for the second race, is there?
I usually use that time to have a urination and smoke (and stretch my legs) between races, but if it's not there, I'll probably miss second quallifying. :(
Maybe not, but it will be a quicker turn around than nKPro with a 10min warm-up, I assume.
(where I'm struggling for time with the smaller grids lately)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 02:12:05 PM »
Question Wally.
There's no server "set-up" for the second race, is there?
I usually use that time to have a urination and smoke (and stretch my legs) between races, but if it's not there, I'll probably miss second quallifying. :(
Maybe not, but it will be a quicker turn around than nKPro with a 10min warm-up, I assume.
(where I'm struggling for time with the smaller grids lately)

The way the server is at the moment (fairly limited control), I'll have to have another qually before race 2.I can make it 15 mins if people want a slightly bigger gap between races.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 02:49:55 PM »
A flying lap? We should all have done enough laps by then to allow for competitive attempt.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
What are the odds of having a teams championship integrated as well as the solo championship just to keep interest for all. Not even sure of if this is possible.....

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 04:06:43 PM »
What are the odds of having a teams championship integrated as well as the solo championship just to keep interest for all. Not even sure of if this is possible.....
What are you thinking by teams? Pairing up with another driver to score team points together? Using the same "team" skins? I'm not sure how many skins there are, only about 5, 6 I think. Teams of 3, with the same skin?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal