Xtreme Gaming Network

Thu May 29: Rich Boy's Toys at Silverstone International

Author Topic: Thu May 29: Rich Boy's Toys at Silverstone International  (Read 53235 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Thu May 29: Rich Boy's Toys at Silverstone International
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2014, 02:08:38 PM »
Shame I couldn't stick around but the audio was excrutiating.
Now I have a week to sort it out or..... I dunno. :-\
I think the contingency plan has to be to get some cheap headphones. Not ideal, I know, but it's unplayable otherwise.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2014, 02:22:18 PM »
I noticed its "Kool" to finish 8th!  8) ::)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2014, 03:11:48 PM »
I didn't notice any issues with the audio?

To the earlier post, I'd also recommend an SSD as your first upgrade.  I've used Samsung 830 and 840 in a couple of computers and they have very fast read times (what you want for gaming) without any issues.  Samsung is also one of the few product suppliers that make the whole thing themselves which gives me a bit more confidence, and they aren't overly expensive like Intel.  Well, not when I last checked anyway.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2014, 03:33:13 PM »
Was some good racing again, those cars were quite a handfull there.

Race 1 those Mclarens were just too quick for me in the ferrari until they got held up by backmarkers on the last 2 laps, so maybe some headlight flashing from leaders will be needed until blue flags are implemented. Still have no idea how me and Shamefull Manny didnt crash into the 3rd turn as I didnt see him at all and he got me on the outside while I took a pretty regular line. All I saw was a big white mclaren about 1cm away from me an no contact.

Race 2 I was pretty much drifting around in the Mclaren fighting to keep it as straight as possible but had a great battle with Guybrush all race in race driving quite well for 11,9 laps until I brain berped into the last chicane and gave up the lead I battled all race for  ;) I watched the replay and found it quite funny how there were even gaps throughout at one point with a pair of red and white cars battling all the way through. I may need to upload a video of this race as our battle was quite fun. In Qualy I realized passing wasnt going to be easy and most likely end in tears if the guy ahead doesnt make an error. Was interesting with the 2 cars strengths and weaknesses as I would gain in some spots but lose in others.

The Mclaren had the torque and extra HP coming out of the corner but the 458 had more traction mid corner and exit. Under brakes I had the ferrari covered in most parts too so it was a strange combination. A couple times when I had the lead we went side by side through the first few turns and Guy had the inside into 3 getting the initial jump on me with better traction but then the Mclaren would pull a few car lengths ahead.

Thats the one thing I really like about AC is that cars that can run a very similar pace even though Mclaren was about .5 quicker here on a good lap they did it quite differently.

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2014, 03:53:14 PM »

I haven't had an issue using USB into DAC.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 05:32:19 PM »

I may need to upload a video of this race as our battle was quite fun.

How do you save a replay of MP races?  I'd love to see a vid if you have one Marty?

It's funny.  With both these cars I always thought I was quicker in the Ferrari - my PB's are 1.11.2xx in both cars, but then because I got used to driving the McLaren, stepping back into the Ferrari was like learning to drive again!  For some reason I just couldn't get the braking right.  Very, very different cars with almost identical lap times.

Thanks.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2014, 06:10:44 PM »

I may need to upload a video of this race as our battle was quite fun.

How do you save a replay of MP races?  I'd love to see a vid if you have one Marty?

It's funny.  With both these cars I always thought I was quicker in the Ferrari - my PB's are 1.11.2xx in both cars, but then because I got used to driving the McLaren, stepping back into the Ferrari was like learning to drive again!  For some reason I just couldn't get the braking right.  Very, very different cars with almost identical lap times.

Thanks.

Straight after a race, take a copy of Documents\Assetto Corsa\replay\cr, and call it whatever you like. Then restart AC and you'll see the new file in the replays. This cr file gets wiped as soon as you start another session, so copy it straight away.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2014, 07:49:27 PM »

I haven't had an issue using USB into DAC.
What's a DAC?

It may be a 5.1 surround issue (AC said they haven'y worked on that) but Logitech users are suffering.
It was my first issue as well after 4 online sessions.
Everything sounds like a machine-gun, so you can't tell the difference between engine or tyre.

2+2=√16

Offline Glen73

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2014, 08:19:14 PM »
DAC = digital to analogue converter. They are head phones amps as well, It's really cool and delivers a fantastic sound and it was free (came with the headset)  ;D

I have tried both with the same headset (you get this option with my headset) normal on board sound with analogue jacks and DAC, DAC I thought is better and far less complications. The DAC also keeps your voice at one level, Handy stuff!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2014, 11:51:50 PM »
I had problems with the audio in the 2nd race, too.  You can't fault my computer, it's a late model, and the headphones are simply plugged into the sound card, so...  We had a thought that it might have been the server somehow, so we'll try a beefier one.  But it could be some setting somewhere...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 31, 2014, 04:10:41 PM »
I didnt have sound issues those races but in earlier AC build when CPU was hitting the 95% warning I noticed sound get a little crackly. Maybe some peoples computers where struggling or even the server may have been so causing issues with certain setups. In the replay file mine is a little jerky and stuttery so maybe the server was just on the very edge of self destruction and we got away with it. Did quite well considering the field size and pings were pretty good from all that I saw with no warping issues.

I had a strange screen freeze at the end of the second qualy that had a big stutter then I lost all control of the wheel, may have been something on my end or a basic crash due to MP alpha code. I didnt get crashed out of the game and pressed ESC went back to pits and had no issues after that or before.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 31, 2014, 04:14:37 PM »
Next Thursday race is going to be on a more powerful server - more CPU grunt, better network - so we'll see how that goes. I think we should definitely notice an improvement over the little server.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2014, 11:40:30 PM »
Marty, I honestly don't believe it was a cpu bottleneck for me running an i5-3570k, but I'll start Process Explorer up to watch it.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2014, 09:49:27 PM »
Maybe the server could be causing the bottleneck and somehow effecting some users, not sure how thats possible but if guys dont normally have this issue and it came up its just a possiblility. Will see if the bigger server gets rid of this issues especially if the guys that had sound issues havent had them in earlier MP sessions. In MP users CPU's really shouldnt be much more stressed then running a hotlap session and for me my FPS is much the same as being on track solo with any size field in MP. With AI there is a noticeable drop in fps and my GPU loads drop a bit at times as I am still cpu limited by in i7 2700 at 4.8ghz it seems at times with large ai fields.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal