Xtreme Gaming Network

S14R1: Misano Pre-race Chat

Author Topic: S14R1: Misano Pre-race Chat  (Read 15713 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S14R1: Misano Pre-race Chat
« on: October 05, 2016, 07:24:22 PM »
Welcome to the inaugural round of the Maserati MC GT4 season.

This round is two 30 minute sprint races (17 laps each), with qualifying for race 1, and race 2 start order set by race 1 finish order.

Each race has a compulsory pit stop, where tyres must be changed, but refuelling is not allowed. There's no pit window.

Fuel is 1x.
Tyre wear is 2x.

See the sign up thread for track download and weather conditions.

We will not be using the rolling start app , but we will be doing rolling starts for each race.

The leader has to do about 100 kmh approaching the final turn, and can go anytime between exiting the last turn and the start line, at his discretion, with an announcement on TS. There is no overtaking before the start line.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 07:27:39 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S14R1: Misano Pre-race Chat
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 08:05:35 PM »
The practice server is up and called XGN.COM.AU Tues League Practice server (MR AB) +XGN If anyone is registered in the season and cant get in let me know in pm and I will make sure I add you to the xgn whitelist. In these servers always do your best to try not cause too much carnage, I will also add people with custom skins to the entry list so people should be able to get their skin if they join the server.

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 09:17:04 PM »
with rolling starts why are we not doing double file
i found the single file a pain
Oh i am a nascar fan :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 09:21:03 PM »
Yeah, I watch NASCAR.
I dream of tapping Danica in the arse. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 09:26:17 PM »
Yeah, I watch NASCAR.
I dream of tapping Danica in the arse. ;)
Ok, let me see if I understand what you mean...

single file fun: Gratulin thinks he's going to qualify just behind Wally
double file fun: Gratulin thinks he's going to qualify two spots behind Wally

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 09:46:59 PM »
with rolling starts why are we not doing double file
i found the single file a pain
Oh i am a nascar fan :)

I saw no issue with the double file start race 2 in the practice run, only issue was contact before t1 but that also happened in the single file start and regularly happens in most race series. It is what it is though but seeing we are following the blancpain style racing they must be starting single file too. :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 11:08:43 PM »
People don't like opening lap accidents. Single file rolling starts are to reduce opening lap incidents.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 11:34:22 PM »
Single file just makes it less likely to have an incident but its driver awareness of those around them that avoid incidents. Both starts in the practice race had t1 incidents and it was luck more then anything else that made the single file one involve less people then the double file. Being side by side into t1 of the first lap is really no different to being side by side at any other point of the track, I dont like incidents at any point and so try to avoid hitting others at all times.

I actually think forcing people to be more aware of others around them on the formation lap will help them in race battles possibly. Trying to keep people out of combat will just make it take longer for them to learn to deal with other cars and also feel more uncomfortable side by side with others when they get to the situation. A formation lap is a great way to get people to run side by side at slower pace and so get more comfortable with this, they may even learn that to run side by side in the race you need to actually go slower then if your on your own.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2016, 08:23:29 AM »
A AUD0.02 comment: we are 30!

Single file might mean 300 meters (it's important the leader announces also when he reaches the straight, because the last guy might have no idea).
Double file might be impossible for the last rows in tracks that have a tight corner before the start/finish line (it's important the leader knows this and waits for very late in the grid before starting)

I do not mind any decision, but take this into consideration.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2016, 08:53:58 AM »
Real racing can start double file or single file with 100+ cars at any track. Just because the race has started and if your entering the last turn or mid turn doesnt mean you have to floor it.  ;)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2016, 09:09:12 AM »
Real racing can start double file or single file with 100+ cars at any track. Just because the race has started and if your entering the last turn or mid turn doesnt mean you have to floor it.  ;)
Sure, but the race director takes the shape of the last turns into consideration when choosing when to give the start. All I am saying is we should do the same. That's it.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2016, 09:28:12 AM »
I've already made the decision for single file. It's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, and I'm not changing things just for the sake of change.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 09:49:24 AM »
The practice server I have changed up to random grip levels. I also shortened the qualy and race but left a long practice session if people just want to run laps but can easily be skipped if a few want some race practice.

If people would prefer fixed grip levels I can change it back later.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2016, 12:16:53 PM »
So with the formation lap are we confirming that there will be a penalty if there is overlap before the start line?

Oh, btw, I'm not going to be able to make it Tuesday night - away for work again.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 12:21:01 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2016, 12:21:32 PM »
Who are you expecting to be ABLE to overlap Guy? ???
Like there'll be anyone in front of you.....

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal