Xtreme Gaming Network

Bucket list: future season ideas

Author Topic: Bucket list: future season ideas  (Read 81145 times)

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Bucket list: future season ideas
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 05:29:01 PM »

I think a season in either the FR3.5 if it's good enough, or the basic Lotus T125 with ballast would be a good change up.
+1

Formula Fox races in LFS were always really close.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 05:31:16 PM »

+1 to the Camaro!!
Love the teams idea, maybe 4 cars for each team and something like the top 2 in each team score points for that round?...  :o
Yeah. Can drop worst scores each round. Teams should be allocated by a Wally algorithm however...

Remember picking captains and then captains picking teams when playing sport at school. Man that was stressful even for the good guys ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 06:08:18 PM »
In my league stats, I actually have a ranking for all players. Stats? What stats? You say. I would split up teams of 3, say, with a top ranked driver, a middle ranked driver, and a lower ranked driver, to avoid too imbalanced teams.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 06:23:45 PM »
In my league stats, I actually have a ranking for all players. Stats? What stats? You say. I would split up teams of 3, say, with a top ranked driver, a middle ranked driver, and a lower ranked driver, to avoid too imbalanced teams.

I like, I like!

It would be really cool if we could do like a "relay run", where one driver does 3 or so laps, comes into the pits and then the next driver does 3, and then the next.  I'm not sure if there is a way though?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2015, 06:36:54 PM »

I like, I like!

It would be really cool if we could do like a "relay run", where one driver does 3 or so laps, comes into the pits and then the next driver does 3, and then the next.  I'm not sure if there is a way though?
Only problem is people get bored waiting.

I do like top 10 shootouts though. The pressure is exciting. But again... people have to wait.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2015, 07:37:48 PM »
A top 10 shootout can be done relatively quickly with people starting every 30 seconds so 10 people it would take 300 seconds plus 2 laps which say is 120 seconds per lap for a total shootout time of 420 seconds or 7 minutes so it could be interesting to try for 1 of the races. not sure how you would set the grid though to be fixed for the rest of the field with the top 10 times only setting top 10 order so even if someone gets a dnf in the session they would only start 10th

Offline christopheraser

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2015, 04:32:44 PM »
Open wheelers! Yes! I got into sim racing to drive "real" simulated race cars. Not tin tops all the time! FR3.5 or faster is where I would want to be =)

I assumed you guys had run a full GT3 series and that's why we were looking at all these other cars.

Obviously there are the four GT3 cars built in and then there is the at least another three (R8, Gallardo and Continental GT) and I think all of these cars have been patched since I last tested them, so I'm not sure what they are like compared to one another or the vanilla cars at the moment.

There was also a guy running a public server with C7R vettes around Zandavoort this week and that was an excellent combination, so I wouldn't mind doing a Vette and GTR-GT3 series. I think those two are pretty close.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:36:46 PM by christopheraser »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2015, 09:31:29 PM »
Some team format where we did a night of Qual and the fastest and slowest would make a team, second fastest second slowest and so on
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2015, 07:33:53 AM »
I think I found next seasons vehicle:

[youtube]ll86lR-6pUM[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2015, 09:12:05 AM »
Is your knee playing up again, Guybrush?

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2015, 01:11:23 PM »
3.5 Renault series with old school nKP ballast.

3 sprint races, ballast calculated on fastest lap, ballast bonus applies.

It always seemed to reward consistency, which is the strongest of my weaknesses. :P

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2015, 02:28:21 PM »
It always seemed to reward consistency, which is the strongest of my weaknesses. :P

So is your strongest weakness your biggest weakness or least weak strength. Also are you the guy writting the kunos setup hints.  ;)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2015, 04:40:55 PM »
I am more less stable. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Bucket list: future season ideas
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2015, 10:39:43 PM »
I think I will just push the new AC Placebo slider to the right which should give me the maximum negative Placebo affect which should compensate for the strongest of my many weaknesses.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2015, 08:11:11 AM »
For the next season, I'm thinking of:
  • Formula Renault 3.5. It's been a long time since we've raced open wheelers. From the British F3 site: ”The typical race weekend format includes free practice sessions, qualifying and three races of 30 minutes with race 2 a reverse grid format.”
  • GT3. One long race per round, with 2 compulsory pitstops and a soft tyre minimum lap requirement.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal