Xtreme Gaming Network

Foxtel play

Author Topic: Foxtel play  (Read 9619 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Foxtel play
« on: February 27, 2017, 08:35:00 AM »
Hey Guys!

This winter i would love to watch some motorsport(F1 and bikes) i am sick not to watch my favourite motorsport event,or using silly and infested viruses torrent crap.Has anyone here used or using FOXTEL PLAY? If so can i have some feedback?

I hate paying to watch sport but it looks like is the only option nowdays...thx!!!

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: Foxtel play
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »
They have a free trial. I used that last season for one race and no issues. Hd quality and sky coverage. My tv even has an app for it.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 09:00:10 AM »
I use foxtelplay on PC. The app works well and it's designed well in terms of moving across channels and going back and forward in time if you find something you want to watch that has already started.

My only problem is video quality: it's ok but it' no hd (not sure if Joe has a different system). Resolution is not a beauty, but it's ok. But there is some sort of horizontal (or patched) tearing that makes things move not very smoothly. It's no problem for watching football, but it's a bit annoying when watching f1 from cameras that move (e.g. from the helicopter). In this sense amazon prime, Netflix and even YouTube now are way better.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 09:12:07 AM »
Hmm Google says it wasn't hd. I only did it once. I stream sky from the uk and that gets here in hd so foxtel need to pick up their game.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 09:23:46 AM »
Hmm Google says it wasn't hd. I only did it once. I stream sky from the uk and that gets here in hd so foxtel need to pick up their game.
You say soooo well! But it's again the same Australian issue: no competition, a huge amount of protection for local producers and distributors, and consumers who seem keen to accept overpriced stuff in the name of who-knows-what. Granted, things have been going well for a long time, thanks in great part to the Chinese economic miracle and their apparently insatiable hunger for Aussie iron. But such a sclerotic internal market risks to hurt everybody hard when that boom will finally come to an end. Australia is a tiny market compared to EU and US, of course, and it's not easy to make it competitive, but it's something we must do before problems arise---otherwise, like everywhere else, the response will be to blame the immigrants, the gays, and so on.

Now I close the political parenthesis, sorry for the OT---but I feel a tiny bit more Australian after it: don't think I had ever before participated in the Australian political debate. ;)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 10:26:30 AM »
Marty mentioned a program called acestream,  to watch f1 on for free, but I need to get more info on it cause I couldn't make it work last year
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 01:37:10 PM »
Marty mentioned a program called acestream,  to watch f1 on for free, but I need to get more info on it cause I couldn't make it work last year

Ye i have been using acestream in conjunction with this pirates lol :http: http://www.rojadirecta.me/  with crappy results, for a couples of years but i got increasingly sick of it,,,,and....fuck ye,i am ready to pay to watch sport,such is life said one famous ozzie.

Thx guys for the feedback.i liked it,,,,,,,,especially the"Grat interlude "on the ozzie political situation       8)       ;)    mmmmmmm.......aaaaaaa :-*

.....kind of correct analysis.................... ::)
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 01:40:23 PM by Simone »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 08:12:23 AM »
I wouldn't blame Australia for this. It's really an F1 (Bernie) problem. It's only on Pay TV nearly everywhere to my knowledge. Hope that the new owners will fix this. Basically Bernie's attitude was that he was only interested in fans who could afford or were willing to pay for a Rolex.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 10:08:35 AM »
I think Grat's comment was more about foxtel play being overpriced and can't even deliver HD content. Nothing about F1 specifically.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 02:51:09 PM »
I'm signed up to Foxtel and use Foxtel Go when I'm away from home to watch stuff. Foxtel Play is the on demand service of shows that have already run (I think).

It works fine although video quality will be an issue if you intend to mirror it to a large TV. Pretty sure it went as high as 720p though...

And yes, the Foxtel IQ3 box is crap compared to Sky box, but that's basically a result of a huge user base vs a small one - plus trying to rush the IQ3 out to combat Netflix.

I find Foxtel very good for motorsport. It's got quite a lot.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 05:06:18 PM »
I think Grat's comment was more about foxtel play being overpriced and can't even deliver HD content. Nothing about F1 specifically.
Yes, it was. :)

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2017, 05:07:20 PM »
I'm signed up to Foxtel and use Foxtel Go when I'm away from home to watch stuff. Foxtel Play is the on demand service of shows that have already run (I think).

It works fine although video quality will be an issue if you intend to mirror it to a large TV. Pretty sure it went as high as 720p though...

And yes, the Foxtel IQ3 box is crap compared to Sky box, but that's basically a result of a huge user base vs a small one - plus trying to rush the IQ3 out to combat Netflix.

Foxtel Play is also the equivalent of Foxtel Go if you do not have the cable getting to your unit---it's both live and some recorded stuff.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2017, 06:32:21 PM »

The real issue is: are you going to sign up for season 16?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 08:12:40 PM »

The real issue is: are you going to sign up for season 16?

I appreciate the gentle nudge, but unfortunately I don't think it's likely.  Looking at moving to a new house in a few months which I think I'll use as an excuse to get a new set of pedals and wheel and maybe triples... then hopefully I'll have given it enough of a rest for the cheese and kisses to let me have some "alone time" and jump back in :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal