Xtreme Gaming Network

Buying a rig

Author Topic: Buying a rig  (Read 12826 times)

Offline Phil

• View Profile
Re: Buying a rig
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2014, 07:45:35 PM »
Well my cockpit arrived on time for holidays, thursday night a 60kg box was waiting on my doorstep.

Its taken me a few days to get everything bolted on and I have to say I am very pleased with the results.

It's the first time I can brake without having to worry about moving the chair back or something else, first time I can man handle the steering wheel without it ripping off the desk. Because the pedals are now bolted down with 4 large bolts to the rig the brake actually feels better, I don't know if its the angle I am now sitting but either way the biggest thing is braking.

I don't know if anyone's ever sat behind me on a race but I've had to brake pretty early because of the chair moving back and now I swear I can wait about 100m longer and still pull up the car.

Now it's time to save up for maybe one of these for next year. http://www.pagnianimports.com.au/racing-simulator-cockpit/next-level-racing-motion-platform.html

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »
Nice one Phil.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »
I recently went through the same research for a new desk... It's multipurpose... I spend a bit of time on it for work too so it had to cover all bases.

So I got myself the obutto r3volution for Xmas (a little early I know), but it's also been awesome... hence now the need for me wanting to get back into racing with you guys...

;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal