Xtreme Gaming Network

Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.

Author Topic: Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.  (Read 30182 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Inbetween season Nordschleife enduro 1hr or 1.5hr interest.
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 07:38:58 AM »
Nordschleife with GP Sprint minus Arena.
For testing purposes.
Crashes out for me on loading. The error in the log shows:

"LOADING MODEL content/tracks/ks_nordschleife/119.kn5
CRASH in:
OS-Version: 6.2.9200 () 0x300-0x1
d:\dev\dev_release13\acs\camerafacing.cpp (57): CameraFacing::CameraFacing"

Some problem with the track cameras?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 08:07:59 AM »
Hey guys!!   What about  drinking a six pack while listening to rock and roll and relax instead of racing!!!!???
My 2 cents🤒🤒🤒
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 08:10:25 AM by Simone »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »
Hey guys!!   What about  drinking a six pack while listening to rock and roll and relax instead of racing!!!!???
My 2 cents🤒🤒🤒
You can do both!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 25, 2017, 10:51:36 AM »
Damn double Damn. Looks like my efforts to clean up and minimise the upload has messed something up as it also crashes for me now.
So unfortunately this has become too much trouble. I'll fix the track and upload it later to my perversed layouts thread for use in, if this event proves itself repeat worthy, future races.
Yep, thanks for your efforts as always, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 25, 2017, 12:05:27 PM »
Damn double Damn. Looks like my efforts to clean up and minimise the upload has messed something up as it also crashes for me now.
So unfortunately this has become too much trouble. I'll fix the track and upload it later to my perversed layouts thread for use in, if this event proves itself repeat worthy, future races.

Did the timing work properly for you when using the gp circuit cut? Its a shame they dont have this on the official track but seeing what haopens on old Monza full layout I doubt the cut will work. On that layout the start line is on the outer main straight with pits on the inner but lap timing doesnt work properly until you cross the start line a second time.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2017, 03:47:07 PM »
I was in that race on the weekend. Not the top split that was being broadcasted but one of the lower splits. I ended up doing 5x full fuel stints which was about 5 1/2 hours and in that time I only got 1 incident point because I barely touched the grass on the inside of the chicane on the GP track. Other then that I had a clean race.
Can't say the same for my team mates though, between them our car had quite a few crashes. I'm not sure how long our car was in the pits getting repairs done over the course of the 24hr race. Around 2hrs would be a decent guess. It was still good fun, I will be doing it again next year. Next 24hr race at iracing will be Le Mans in June.

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2017, 10:36:51 PM »
good effort Shayne, I started at 11pm and went on to about 2:45ish as I had to be up early the next morning. Was running 5th in my server group until I just kissed the wall and spent 15min in pits. From there on, very clean laps in my Audi.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2017, 11:25:46 PM »
Tested a few cars and seems the p 4/5 is a bit too slow so unlikely anyone will pick that, about 20 seconds off the pace just down on power quite a bit and hasnt got a great deal of grip either so not a lot going for it lol.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
Tested a few cars and seems the p 4/5 is a bit too slow so unlikely anyone will pick that, about 20 seconds off the pace just down on power quite a bit and hasnt got a great deal of grip either so not a lot going for it lol.
That's why I originally excluded it, for being too slow. But hey, someone might just enjoy driving it for 2 hours.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2017, 01:14:18 PM »
Yea its an option, seemed it was a bit closer in the past but I realpy hadnt driven it much. Main issue with it is even on softs it struggles to get front temps up and down on power needs a bit less aero. Probably in warmer temps it would be a bit quicker considering the m3 gt2 is similar top speed but its got plenty of grip so was only 4 seconds between the 911 rsr, 650s gt3 and m3 gt2 for me.

The temps will be a bit tricky as medium tyres are only a few seconds slower then softs but struggle for temps especially at the start of a new lap. The long straight really drops temps and on mediums your losing 1 to 2 seconds on the gp track due to cold under pressured front tyres. The softs in the cars I ran get sketchy the last few km of Nords but are generally better the rest of the lap.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2017, 01:53:40 PM »
The handful of cars I've tested have only had 8 or so seconds between them.

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2017, 08:43:14 PM »
I have just been reading my way through all the post of this thread and I think it's a great idea, something I'd love to be a part of now that I think I have my screaming headset problem sorted. The idea of endurance racing in GT cars with a decent level of damage is great as it forces people to drive for the conditions and their place in the race, which makes it more realistic. The one thing I couldn't find was when such an event might be run....

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 10, 2017, 09:17:06 PM »
I have just been reading my way through all the post of this thread and I think it's a great idea, something I'd love to be a part of now that I think I have my screaming headset problem sorted. The idea of endurance racing in GT cars with a decent level of damage is great as it forces people to drive for the conditions and their place in the race, which makes it more realistic. The one thing I couldn't find was when such an event might be run....

You're a day late dude  :o

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal