Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763353 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #720 on: June 19, 2015, 06:25:57 PM »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: July 12, 2015, 04:12:13 PM »
Some nice news from Kunos' twitter feed:

Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano 2h2 hours ago
 Good news, I managed to squeeze in one of the requests from last night stream: limiting tyre types in MP races. Cool little feat

We could have some races on softs only, or street tyres only, or whatever.

And some more interesting bits summarised from Kunos live stream:

- ballast is in his wish-list for v1.2 with an interface (website / programm etc)
 - no plans to change the server system in terms of the entry-list (so we have to live with the entry-list... :/ )
 - no changes in the netcode in terms of collisions for v1.2
- it won't be possible to shift in 1st gear in the start grid
- MP weather of some sort is coming
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 04:25:10 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: July 12, 2015, 05:29:52 PM »
Ballast... I thought we already had that?

I wonder if you will be able to limit tyre type to specific players.

Rolz

« Reply #723 on: July 12, 2015, 05:39:58 PM »
Anything to slow u down GB  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: July 12, 2015, 06:08:49 PM »
Kunos has also said:

”@WallyMasterson yes good potential, I'll also have to think to add something like max number of tyre set are allowed per session. Cool stuff”

Great. I'd love to have more tyre rules enforceable.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #725 on: July 12, 2015, 06:31:02 PM »
Kunos has also said:

”@WallyMasterson yes good potential, I'll also have to think to add something like max number of tyre set are allowed per session. Cool stuff”

Thats awesome so would that also mean you would be able to re use older sets. Id love to see rules like this for a full event so youd only have so many sets in either session but could carry them over to other sessions already used.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: July 12, 2015, 06:43:57 PM »
Kunos has also said:

Thats awesome so would that also mean you would be able to re use older sets. Id love to see rules like this for a full event so youd only have so many sets in either session but could carry them over to other sessions already used.

I planted the seeds of outputting in the server log what tyre compound was used by each player on each lap, so we could also enforce rules such as ”you have to do at least x laps on soft tyres”.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #727 on: July 12, 2015, 06:50:45 PM »
So that means the season 8 has already been decided as an Evora GT or Zonda season, they are the only ones that have a soft tyre option.  ;)

But if thats an idea your looking into you may want to try both Evora's on soft tyres. The GTC runs GT3 type tyres while the GX has GT2 type tyres. The GX can quite easily run a few laps on softs but the GTC is very hard to even get the most out of the softs on the second lap degrading very quickly after or even before the end of the second lap. So the main issue with racing a season in these cars is that its basically a tyre was and Id rather the GX in any race or even for qualy as you can run a few laps on softs in that car which are much quicker then the mediums.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: July 13, 2015, 07:23:33 AM »
I think races would end up soft GXs vs medium GTCs, and the times are still comparable. I can go as fast in the medium GTC as I can in the soft GX. I'd tweak fuel usage so that the GTC could maybe get away with a soft stint, if you want to take the risk of faster lap times with then slower lap times in the tail end of the stint. That's also part of the reason why I changed the Evora option to drive both cars for half the season each, to balance out any advantages and disadvantages. The goal being, like the Ferrari/McLaren season, to see who can get the most out of the two cars. I think that option would lead to see some interesting tyre strategy options.

As for any soft tyre rules, that would work best in a single make season, in a car that has soft and medium compounds, obviously.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: July 13, 2015, 08:51:18 AM »
The collision in AC is atrocious,(multiplayer)they should do something about it ,and i am not talking about the crashes but the fact that when you racing close  to a car you get good chances to be"spat out" off the rack
I welcomed the ""1st gear" on the grid,finally! The some sort  MP weather is welcomed also

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #730 on: July 13, 2015, 09:43:53 AM »
Some nice news from Kunos' twitter feed:

Stefano Casillo ‏@KunosStefano 2h2 hours ago
 Good news, I managed to squeeze in one of the requests from last night stream: limiting tyre types in MP races. Cool little feat

We could have some races on softs only, or street tyres only, or whatever.

And some more interesting bits summarised from Kunos live stream:

- ballast is in his wish-list for v1.2 with an interface (website / programm etc)
 - no plans to change the server system in terms of the entry-list (so we have to live with the entry-list... :/ )
 - no changes in the netcode in terms of collisions for v1.2
- it won't be possible to shift in 1st gear in the start grid
- MP weather of some sort is coming

I hope I am ready correctly, it would mean we could run the Cobra and have tyre type handicapping?
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #731 on: July 13, 2015, 09:45:00 AM »
The collision in AC is atrocious,(multiplayer)they should do something about it ,and i am not talking about the crashes but the fact that when you racing close  to a car you get good chances to be"spat out" off the rack
I welcomed the ""1st gear" on the grid,finally! The some sort  MP weather is welcomed also

Simone either you or I have miss read Wally's posting:
"- it won't be possible to shift in 1st gear in the start grid"
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: July 13, 2015, 10:16:03 AM »
its a worry that a game that has been out since late 2013,  we have no splits in MP, not possible to put car in gear on lights,  horrible collision detection, average netcode . i fired up RF2 last night for first time in ages, it felt surprisingly good to drive after not having a go for 6 months.  Like with iracing I cant just hop in a car and drive in ok like I can in AC,  makes me wonder why i can with AC.

We are lucky that AC is fun :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #733 on: July 13, 2015, 11:07:46 AM »
Ballast... I thought we already had that?

I think thats not ballast but a hack when you dial in your own prefered car weight.  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: July 13, 2015, 11:18:41 AM »
its a worry that a game that has been out since late 2013,  we have no splits in MP, not possible to put car in gear on lights,  horrible collision detection, average netcode . i fired up RF2 last night for first time in ages, it felt surprisingly good to drive after not having a go for 6 months.  Like with iracing I cant just hop in a car and drive in ok like I can in AC,  makes me wonder why i can with AC.

We are lucky that AC is fun :)

The outstanding driving feel (not to mention pretty graphics) is AC's saving grace.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal