Xtreme Gaming Network

AC News

Author Topic: AC News  (Read 763639 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: AC News
« Reply #345 on: October 13, 2014, 07:14:52 PM »
It seems guy is becoming the de facto gourmet when it comes to eating underwear...But if at least it was female underwear!

Offline Dick Forrest

• Contains traces of nuts!
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 14, 2014, 09:50:49 AM »

Rolz

« Reply #347 on: October 14, 2014, 09:56:29 AM »
didn't see anything about ballast, but I'm chomping at the bit for RC 1.0  ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: October 14, 2014, 12:51:41 PM »
I want to see if they've improved the netcode.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #349 on: October 14, 2014, 01:12:00 PM »

It's fundamental but not as exciting as new content and new features.  Comments from Stefano in the interview with InsideSimRacing indicate that they feel it is working well so I wouldn't expect much change to the netcode.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 14, 2014, 01:15:45 PM »

It's fundamental but not as exciting as new content and new features.  Comments from Stefano in the interview with InsideSimRacing indicate that they feel it is working well so I wouldn't expect much change to the netcode.

If it's still problematic after release, we can make some noise about it on their forums.   Plus we should revive the ballast thread ;)

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #351 on: October 14, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »

surely it will be a work in progress for a week or so.

Disappointing to hear the damage graphics are very rudimentary for now. I want stuff flying off!!
But yeah, I cant even be stuffed logging in unless there is an update!
I just want them to release the bloody thing!!!!! Something must have gone wrong. It's very unprofessional to say something is coming then go silent for days. I think it's professional suicide to have a press release day, with no actual release date. Any bigger production house would know better. When was the last time a major game title was released without a date?
  They all have per-release hype and huge marketing plans. Kunos are doing none of that it seems. Pretty much word of mouth, blogs, FB and Steam.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 14, 2014, 02:25:51 PM »
If you go back and read some of the NetKar forums after some of the NetKar releases you can understand the approach Kunos is taking - they got hammered after a couple of the releases! I like the fact that they will not release until they are ready. So far each update has been pretty good and without major dramas.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 14, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »
I didn't know that the RUF Yellowbird was a 911. Just read a post and saw this video.

You wouldn't drive Nordshleife like that would you Marty?

[youtube]OSMCfPASImQ[/youtube]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 14, 2014, 02:32:58 PM »

Yeah, that worried me. It's not really good enough at the moment. You can't drive behind some cars because of the warping. It's old netKar all over again.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 14, 2014, 02:53:41 PM »
Cool down, Dick.  Be patient.  Enjoy what we already have, there's plenty of it.  Relax & enjoy.  Have a beer.   Sit on the patio.  Think of the pink ponies you put on cars all the time.. Ok, are you relaxed now? :)

This isn't a distributor making calls and the dev rushing to finish it off - with cut corners - by the release date.  Coding something like this is very tricky, and Stefano has been burned before (nkp).   They're trying their best I'm sure.   It'll be here, even if it takes an extra month.  No big deal.

Just to put things in perspective; iRacing has been fucking around with the release of a tyre update for over a half a year.  Then released it pretty much broken.  Another half a year of fucking around follows.  And it's a premium service at a premium price.  How about that.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 02:55:27 PM by Bird »

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 14, 2014, 03:31:13 PM »
Cool down, Dick.  Be patient.  Enjoy what we already have, there's plenty of it.  Relax & enjoy.  Have a beer.   Sit on the patio.  Think of the pink ponies you put on cars all the time.. Ok, are you relaxed now? :)

This isn't a distributor making calls and the dev rushing to finish it off - with cut corners - by the release date.  Coding something like this is very tricky, and Stefano has been burned before (nkp).   They're trying their best I'm sure.   It'll be here, even if it takes an extra month.  No big deal.

Just to put things in perspective; iRacing has been fucking around with the release of a tyre update for over a half a year.  Then released it pretty much broken.  Another half a year of fucking around follows.  And it's a premium service at a premium price.  How about that.

I don't have time or patients for rational thinking!!!!! I AM CALM!!!

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: October 14, 2014, 03:43:19 PM »

I'd not like to be your patient...:D  Maybe Marty?  You guys have a well working relationship anyway... :D

Offline Dick Forrest

• View Profile
« Reply #358 on: October 14, 2014, 04:04:03 PM »

I'd not like to be your patient...:D  Maybe Marty?  You guys have a well working relationship anyway... :D

Dun Egwish meh!

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 14, 2014, 04:39:52 PM »
I think in the interview Stefano didn't want to say the netcode was crap as it is now, or needs major improvement, knowing there would be so many people that interview would reach.  I think he acknowledged there were "little things like bandwidth issues" that can be improved which is good enough for me.

It's also good to see them making sure it's as good as can be before releasing it.  Hell, the game is about 2 years over-due, a little longer won't hurt :)

I just want to see a Formula Ford and a V8 Supercar!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal