Xtreme Gaming Network

S7 R7 - Highlands - 23-02-2017

Author Topic: S7 R7 - Highlands - 23-02-2017  (Read 19054 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S7 R7 - Highlands - 23-02-2017
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2017, 09:23:22 PM »
8) Results :o
Thanks everyone for the season, well done all
special thanks to my technical advisor / keeper of the rules Rooshooter :)

http://52.65.162.16:50041/championship

Felicitations to UnFknBLievable on the championship win and a steam voucher and to Wally and Seanus with 2nd and 3rd

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=12117#

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=12116#

http://52.65.162.16:50041/sessiondetails?sessionid=12115#

The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2017, 09:33:32 PM »
Thanks for everything Phil, even though I wasn't officially in the season :)

This was probably the most enjoyable race for me as I'd finally gotten used to the porsches floatiness. Managed an average time and qual 10th, got as high as 9th. Almost got caught up in some carnage on the first lap, went wide and avoided it to continue, I had a little battle with AJ who lost it into the railing and just clipped me, sending me off the track but I kept it straight to continue, passed Joe who passed me back a few laps later. I then spun to drop to 14th and by the last few laps was chasing Joe again and Robin but couldn't quite make any ground with low fuel and losing corner grip.  PB was a 1:34.4

Congrats Tom for the win.
Well done Wally and Seanus.

I do hope I can get a video out of this.. waiting for the weather to settle before I feel up to spending the time making videos and fingers crossed sony vegas behaves.
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2017, 10:04:02 PM »
THANK YOU so much for another series Phill :)

Considering I missed about 4 races earlier on, consistency is key and the GT40 was a great drive.

Despite a lonely final race, I knew I had to be either Pole or 2nd spot with a good start and thankfully it turned out well. The first few laps, I must of been a little nervous and didn't get my groove until about lap 6 on wards. Had a ferrari behind me that I was eyeing off and making sure I kept some distance. Most of the race, I just had to keep focus and ride out till the end.

See you all soon :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2017, 10:35:10 PM »
Congratulations Unfknblvbl, and also to Seanus for the third. I think some mid-season ballasting of others helped me get 2nd.

Thanks to Phil and Rooshooter for setting up the season. It was a lot of fun. I loved the GT40.

This race was fun while I was duking out with the likes of Mael, Phil, Seanus and Bacchulum. I managed to avoid any incidents as others crashed out (missing the spinning Bacchulum by 1 mm), and the last part of the race was just lonely. But the GT40 is so much fun around here, I was still having a ball.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2017, 10:35:41 PM »
I know I should be happy as this was one of my best runs thus far, but I'm grumpy. A front row start and ran most of the race in 2nd would be considered awesome on any other night. I couldn't catch that GT40 and I'm sure Tom had more in it if required as even when I did pb after pd, the gap never really changed, so congratulations to you. Whilst not wanting to be a bad sport, I'm still shitty about the 11th hour rule change removing the compulsory stop. I don't have a problem with such a change, more the timing. I'd done my practice with the compulsory stop in mind and had no idea what fuel I needed when I heard the news after the qualifying session. As I said, no problems with the "what", just the "when".

After taking my now noncompulsary stop around lap 9, I was driving far too angry and in my haste to try and make up the 39 seconds to get back my 2nd place I pushed too hard and understeered into some weeds and had a massive crash. With two laps to run, I had no hope of catching anyone so conceded that 5th was the best. Oh what could have been, but that's racing.

Overall I'm rather pleased to have a decent crack after nearly two years in hibination. I know this is a fun run series and for the greater part it has been, so one must accept the last minutes changes as the greater good for the greater numbers. I hold no malace towards anyone but would ask that perhaps in the next season, could we avoid making race changes so close to the race. Oh and if anyone is interested, I think I've found the cause of my Teamspeak problem. Apparently Teamspeak and Corsair devices don't like each other so I guess I need to buy another USB headset before the next series.

Thanks again,
Bradc.

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2017, 07:41:27 AM »
Sad to see this season come to an end. I have really enjoyed my drives in the GT 40 and would recommend everyone give it a try.

I deliberately qualified  slow for two reasons, first to avoid any first corner carnage and second because I feeling a bit tired and did not want to cause any problems through lack of concentration. I was going ok until I got smacked around in the early pileup and then spent the rest of  the race having fun, first chasing AJ then Gw and lastly Robin , so I was happy going from last to fourth last.

This series driving the Ford GT40 has taken me back over 50 years, when my association with this car began with owning a "Cox" brand Ford GT40 slot car in 1966.
http://slotblog.net/topic/49937-cox-ford-gt40/
and I was then very lucky in see the real thing being raced at the Goodwood Revival in 2010,  in what I think, was the first 100 million pound grid (value of cars on grid exceeded that figure).

Sorry you could not make the last race Bruce.

Thanks Phil for server admin for the season.
Thanks to everyone who took part and congratulations to Blievable  on the season win, I sat in with you for a few laps during practice and you make it look very easy!

social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 24, 2017, 09:42:09 AM »
Thanks for organizing Phil and a fun end to the season. The F40 was a pleasure to drive here, I'm tempted to chuck it up on my server.

I hadn't even loaded this track before the night but fortunately with it's mostly long sweeping turns and long straights it was easy to navigate with the track map.

Qualified 3rd, but spun it coming out of T1 at the start of the second lap. I could see Phil went wide in front so I hit the apex and gave it too much throttle eager to try and make a pass.

After that spent a good number of laps hunting Seanus with some good side by side action. I eventually got past around lap 9 or so, but in looking to make sure I'd cleared him I missed my braking point on tyres that were going off, only just touched the barrier but it fired me off into his path. Sorry. He got me back a lap or so later when he spun and I couldn't avoid him, then at the end of that lap I spun it through T1 again losing a few places.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2017, 11:30:38 AM »
Overall I'm rather pleased to have a decent crack after nearly two years in hibination. I know this is a fun run series and for the greater part it has been, so one must accept the last minutes changes as the greater good for the greater numbers.

I thought frequent unannounced changes is what sets Thursday League apart from all others!

Thanks for the season Phil, could not stay on the track for the last race but still had fun. Now to go and burn the F40.

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2017, 12:14:50 PM »
Overall I'm rather pleased to have a decent crack after nearly two years in hibination. I know this is a fun run series and for the greater part it has been, so one must accept the last minutes changes as the greater good for the greater numbers.

I thought frequent unannounced changes is what sets Thursday League apart from all others!

Thanks for the season Phil, could not stay on the track for the last race but still had fun. Now to go and burn the F40.

I am glad you tolerate my rules :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2017, 01:09:12 PM »
Congratulations Tom, Wally and Dez.
Thanks Phil and Denis and a super fun season.
Sorry I wasn't up to running the last race, probable saved some extra carnage!
A good crowd, always enjoy racing with you all and looking forward to the upcoming 'surprise season'!

see you on track soon.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2017, 08:38:19 PM »
Congratulations Tom, Wally and Dez.
Thanks Phil and Denis and a super fun season.
Sorry I wasn't up to running the last race, probable saved some extra carnage!
A good crowd, always enjoy racing with you all and looking forward to the upcoming 'surprise season'!

see you on track soon.

why are you congratulating me? I think you meant Seanus?  would you like a scotch there Bruce? :)
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
Sorry Seanus, and Dez, not the full quid at the moment
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal