Xtreme Gaming Network

Thursday Night - Silverstone National Race 1 - 8th Dec 2016

Author Topic: Thursday Night - Silverstone National Race 1 - 8th Dec 2016  (Read 8810 times)

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
Thursday Night - Silverstone National Race 1 - 8th Dec 2016
« on: December 12, 2016, 05:20:32 PM »
Thanks to Marty for uploading the replay for this and for the new edits to allow me to use cam angles to capture the action better.  I even tried a moving camera down pit straight but the ghosting issue kinda ruined it :(  so don't think I'll do that again.

There's now an camera grid walk, I think it's a bit slow, but it's either that or too fast grr.  It adds an extra 40 odd seconds to the video unfortunately. more in-car cam angles and I did some static cams around the circuit that were different from the defaults.  I'm open to ideas about the grid walk, and if there's any other cam angles you'd like to see that are static, for example, blimp view etc, please let me know.

I've upped the quality and I think this is about right. I'm still getting the ghosting and I'm going to be playing around with some other encoding formats and hope to fix it.

Phil got plenty of love in this :)

Enjoy guys

« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 05:33:16 PM by Shameless_1 »
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline rooshooter

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: Thursday Night - Silverstone National Race 1 - 8th Dec 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 06:07:05 PM »
Well done Des , they just keep getting better and better, I like all the additions you have made.
social media is the tobacco of this century

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:08:27 PM »
Great work Shameless.

Almost fee; sorry for the tires in the Fords, some really bad lockups  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:12:32 PM »
Regarding the grid walk, if you capture it at the speed you did then you can always speed it up your video editing software. I don't know what your using but most good editing software should easily be able to adjust playback speed to whatever you want. Using premiere pro as I use you could fairly easily speed up between cars then slow down at each and speed up to the next for example. I don't know if that would work but doing it from slow footage speeding it up will work much better then if you were to capture at higher speed then go slower as it would skip frames.

I think the grid walk taking longer then it takes to do 1 lap is a bit too much, the other option is have a quick scroll through the grid with just the grid overlayed over the top while in the background it shows all the cars.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2016, 06:16:50 PM »
It looks really good. I like the tracking cameras. Using Marty's ini edits, can you get rid of the red triangles altogether?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 06:31:01 PM »
Regarding the grid walk, if you capture it at the speed you did then you can always speed it up your video editing software. I don't know what your using but most good editing software should easily be able to adjust playback speed to whatever you want. Using premiere pro as I use you could fairly easily speed up between cars then slow down at each and speed up to the next for example. I don't know if that would work but doing it from slow footage speeding it up will work much better then if you were to capture at higher speed then go slower as it would skip frames.

I think the grid walk taking longer then it takes to do 1 lap is a bit too much, the other option is have a quick scroll through the grid with just the grid overlayed over the top while in the background it shows all the cars.

Sony Vegas Pro 13.  And yes it's fully capable, and I thought about it afterwards.  The screenshot of each car took about 4 seconds each so if you had 30 odd cars it would still take a long time, but the grid walk in this would probably be 4-5mins long at that speed lol.

I had considered just a table in the top left of the positions - names - Q times  and yes a quicker run through the grid cars with the name tags on.

With the tag editing there's no way to remove the red triangle as Wally suggests?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 06:38:46 PM »
In name_displayer.ini the render indicator is the ping indicator triangle, so the line below will remove them.

RENDER_INDICATOR=0

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 07:04:36 PM »
In name_displayer.ini the render indicator is the ping indicator triangle, so the line below will remove them.

RENDER_INDICATOR=0

done, thanks.  must have missed that before.

Here you go Wally.  I'd like the names closer to the cars but don't think thats possible.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 07:55:54 PM »
that coke car is a beast
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2016, 11:22:56 AM »
these are fantastic Des, or should I say "Des von Stroheim"!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal