Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC Discussions

Author Topic: ACC Discussions  (Read 20339 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
ACC Discussions
« on: February 05, 2021, 11:21:19 PM »
Since a lot of us do races in ACC doing our best to make XGN proud. I thought we could use a tread to discuss upcoming races.

For example next Monday is a sprint race at Hungaroring. I'm currently maxing out in the high 1:46's and want to know how far off the pace I am. Specifically looking at Wally here since he is about the same pace as me.  Bueller can maybe add the info of all the shortcuts he seems to be finding  :P

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: ACC Discussions
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 09:38:59 AM »
If you can afford the time to get on the rooz Wednesday night server they do a couple of short sprint races, practising for the next Monday race. Krunch and I have gotten our Lexus to a 45 flat, Cooper has 44's in the Lexus. There was one Aston at in the 45's. And of course the fast guy's in the 42's with Porsche, McLaren etc. They usually have a chat afterwards about set up or places to gain time. A couple of things that stood out, raising bump clearance a bit, not too much that it ruins aero, and you can gain some time over a couple of curbs without them bouncing you off track. Careful on the chicken curbs though, take a lot of the first one and not too much of the second to get a good run out. Minimise wheel spin for good exit speeds on most corners, so some set up adjustments, tc settings for some cars and just plain old getting a good line for some of the corners to maximise exit. TC I'm pretty sure they say said something about tc1 & tc2, like reducing tc2 a fair bit but not so much tc1 but that's car dependant anyways and I'm pretty sure they said not to use too much tc cut in the Aston because of lower torque or something. Kcender said his porsche would severely scrape the front spitter on curbs if toooo low, he also mentioned about the really precise line needed in some of those curbs/corners...so that counts me out of the 42's lol. O'Hara said to reduce the negative camber a bit, and I've found that to help a bit even in AC. I usually also try to move my brake balance back a bit without it being too sketchy so as to increase stopping power and the effects of trail braking. I'm sure the pro's tweak that stuff on the fly but that's too much for me.
Anyone here that wants to try out ACC casually should get on rooz on Wednesday nights about 8ish pm nsw time, might need to register first though, not sure it's an open server.
Results & times posted here http://raceonoz.com/forums/index.php?threads/raceonoz-acc-pc-wacky-wednesday-league-practice.4273/page-3
« Last Edit: February 06, 2021, 11:29:32 AM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 11:42:17 AM »
I normally only get a bit of prac in on Sunday. But whatever the aliens are doing, just add 3 seconds to get my time  ::)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 09:41:15 AM »
I'm doing around about 46. PB is 45.9.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 02:13:52 PM »
Krunch and I have gotten our Lexus to a 45 flat, Cooper has 44's in the Lexus. There was one Aston at in the 45's. And of course the fast guy's in the 42's with Porsche, McLaren etc.

Damn,  I was hoping to be a bit closer  :(

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2021, 02:47:03 PM »
Those guys thoroughly go over the data and probably know what they're looking at lol

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2021, 12:21:28 AM »
Well that was a disaster  ;D

Race 1 got hit by a bus on the second corner. Race 3 got hit by a Wally. But still had fun, was privileged to view a good fight by JLynn coming through the field.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 08:25:08 AM »
Well that was a disaster  ;D

Race 1 got hit by a bus on the second corner. Race 3 got hit by a Wally. But still had fun, was privileged to view a good fight by JLynn coming through the field.
That was pretty wild, that big bunch heading into the chicane, after I tried to go around the outside in the previous right hander. I severely ran out of room and then bounced/skidded off that bump on the exit kerb.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2021, 10:53:09 PM »
Looking forward to Suzuka. From some online laps it looks like the mid-field are going to be extremely close  :)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2021, 04:01:29 PM »
Finally a early pit stop paid off  ;D 

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 07:25:54 PM »
Next race at Paul Ricard. Should be fun however if you go off-track at T3 to T5 section don't  take shortcut. On Wednesday people were getting drive through penalties even if they lost time going offtrack there!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2021, 08:41:28 PM »
I'm about to jump in a first CP race, conveniently at Suzuka.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2021, 10:21:56 PM »
I came 3rd out of 13 (only because the guy in front of me ran out of fuel with a couple of corners to go). My CP rating is now... 1! Woo hoo.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2021, 12:40:05 AM »
I came 3rd out of 13 (only because the guy in front of me ran out of fuel with a couple of corners to go). My CP rating is now... 1! Woo hoo.

Beat you with a 2nd. However the winner was 20 seconds ahead of me  :-[

Also found out if you go into your stats it will give an ELO rating.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2021, 12:42:11 AM by Mael »

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2021, 03:30:59 PM »
I would not mind competing in a season.Maybe soon .....ye. By the way,my best time at Paul Ricard is  1:59.6. Can you match that wally??   lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal