Xtreme Gaming Network

S39R4 - Spa

Author Topic: S39R4 - Spa  (Read 6779 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S39R4 - Spa
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 01:55:57 PM »
Race 1 got a good start while AGK dropped back to fourth. Was able to create a good enough gap to drive at a comfortable race pace until the end.

Race 2 went wide through T1 at the start, AGK got by and was gone and already in the 16s by lap 2 on softs. I was about 3 seconds behind at the pits stops but then missed by pit box and come out 8 or so seconds behind. From there he just pulled ahead again on soft. I'm still dubious about using them for a race but I think it's the only way to compete if he gets out front!

Little frustrating to get a 1st and a 2nd and have less points that AGK's 3rd and 1st but guess that's the nature of this season.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 02:19:58 PM »
Little frustrating to get a 1st and a 2nd and have less points that AGK's 3rd and 1st but guess that's the nature of this season.
Yes, I have based the points allocation on the real life format, where race 2 is the main event and worth more points. Race 1 is a "qualifying race".
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 07:31:33 PM »
This is getting rather frustrating because the Lamborghini is so dam slow. Sadly despite its shape it’s just too slow in a straight line to maintain a slipstream and then when you get to a corner, it so dam nervous that if you make it through, you know it’s only a matter of time before the bull either bucks or bites when you dare to touch a curb. Whilst I don’t expect to win, it’s really depressing that in this series I’m not even competitive! I tried really hard and practiced so much for this round but the reality was anything under a 2m20 was driving on the ragged edge. Sadly I spun in both races, the first one was cold tyres and in race two it was trying to avoid a spinner. After pushing so hard for many laps, driver error saw me clipping the ripple strip at Eau Rouge and a massive crash turning my car into a canoe, resulting in my first DNF in an extremely long time. With so few people racing at the moment I feel obliged to continue but when you’re simply not competitive it’s pretty hard to maintain the enthusiasm

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 07:45:56 PM »
Got lucky with the setup so could do 2:18 laps in the lambo but the effort to stay of any curb was immense in race 1. May be time for a single make series or at least allow change in car choice especially for the people with the viper, they are dead in the water.  Will try and put the setup on ptracker for the next race but generally Bacculum's setups are better than mine.

Race 2 I found an ice-skating ring while trying to avoid a pileup. So sorry for Seanus and Nevile whose race I messed up  :(

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2021, 10:50:36 PM »
This is getting rather frustrating because the Lamborghini is so dam slow. Sadly despite its shape it’s just too slow in a straight line to maintain a slipstream and then when you get to a corner, it so dam nervous that if you make it through, you know it’s only a matter of time before the bull either bucks or bites when you dare to touch a curb. Whilst I don’t expect to win, it’s really depressing that in this series I’m not even competitive! I tried really hard and practiced so much for this round but the reality was anything under a 2m20 was driving on the ragged edge. Sadly I spun in both races, the first one was cold tyres and in race two it was trying to avoid a spinner. After pushing so hard for many laps, driver error saw me clipping the ripple strip at Eau Rouge and a massive crash turning my car into a canoe, resulting in my first DNF in an extremely long time. With so few people racing at the moment I feel obliged to continue but when you’re simply not competitive it’s pretty hard to maintain the enthusiasm
The saleen is also deadly on the kerbs so they must be avoided.  I made multiple tweaks to my setup and got a bit faster but then went back to default and was faster again!!!  Show's my setup expertise....

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2021, 06:58:25 AM »
The Ferrari was no good on the kerbs here either. The only one I could go over at speed was the top of radillion. I spun plenty of times during in practice just touching a kerb.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2021, 12:11:02 PM »
...or at least allow change in car choice especially for the people with the viper, they are dead in the water
Yes, good idea, I think a mid-season one-off car swap if wanted might be due. Let's see how many Ferrari's we can get ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal