Xtreme Gaming Network

S34R7 - Laguna Seca

Author Topic: S34R7 - Laguna Seca  (Read 8230 times)

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S34R7 - Laguna Seca
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 03:08:25 PM »
Tough night.

Race one got bumped into T1 wide by Killa who then slotted in behind AGK. Once the tires got warmed up the Nissan had a lot more pace than the guys in front especially under brakes. After 7 laps of trying to get by an aggressively defending Killa, every lap heightening the irritation of the first lap bump I went for the "let me by or crash" option. Not a great move by me and I do expect to receive a lead passenger from Wally for the last race. Especially as Joe fessed up being responsible for the bump at the start and not Killa.

Race 2 kept on running wide on the fast left-hander going up the hill. Just could not keep it on track there. A 360 destroyed my tires so an early stop was called for, unfortunately Brad had the same idea in his monster Jag. Only way to pass him was to take an early run out of the last corner, hoping not to crash into him on exit. That would hopefully help the Nissan to be close enough at the first corner to use its superior brakes to slide by. That theory took about 6 laps to work.  :-\  Luckily for me the V12 monster was a bit harder on its rear tires making the next few re-runs a bit easier.

Congrats to Wally for 2 wins in two nights.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2020, 06:22:36 PM »
Especially as Joe fessed up being responsible for the bump at the start and not Killa.

Was it just you and I that touched I never watched the replay? Was a lot of cars going into that turn I was on your inside and tried to hug the curb and just touched you and spun. Think you also had cars on the outside. I never said it was my fault though that was just wally's opinion ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2020, 06:40:02 PM »
Especially as Joe fessed up being responsible for the bump at the start and not Killa.

Was it just you and I that touched I never watched the replay? Was a lot of cars going into that turn I was on your inside and tried to hug the curb and just touched you and spun. Think you also had cars on the outside. I never said it was my fault though that was just wally's opinion ;)
Joe just ran a little wide, bumped Mael and really only Joe spun. It was all pretty innocent.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2020, 08:25:06 PM »
Tough night.

Race one got bumped into T1 wide by Killa who then slotted in behind AGK. Once the tires got warmed up the Nissan had a lot more pace than the guys in front especially under brakes. After 7 laps of trying to get by an aggressively defending Killa, every lap heightening the irritation of the first lap bump I went for the "let me by or crash" option. Not a great move by me and I do expect to receive a lead passenger from Wally for the last race. Especially as Joe fessed up being responsible for the bump at the start and not Killa.

I see, you thought it was me. Yeah, haven't touched you for sure, but there was a lot happening and I was nearby of course.
Well, I don't find myself on P2 very often...that's an understatement. It was disappointing, but that's racing I guess. Bad luck for me.
Better forget this night...off to Monza.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2020, 08:37:04 PM by killagorilla »

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2020, 11:35:04 PM »
Not a bad night for me.  Qualified 5th and after avoiding T-boning Joe and T1 by millimetres found myself in 4th.
But it wasn't long and Joe was back!  Right on my tail until the chequered flag.  I knew he was quicker but just focused
on not making mistakes which I was able to do.  Mael and Killa's incident jumped me to P2 and I also grabbed most consistent :)
Race two - I jumped Wally's Volvo off the line but it wasn't long before managed a pass and was away.  From there the battle to
hold off Joe resumed!  After many laps including side by side over the corkscrew, a small slide under power onto the main straight
gave him his chance.  We later pitted together and from there Joe inched away until the flag.
Tough but good nights racing!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal