Xtreme Gaming Network

Minorating and warping analysis

Author Topic: Minorating and warping analysis  (Read 7034 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Minorating and warping analysis
« on: October 17, 2015, 08:03:09 AM »
Minolin wants to do some analysis of warping, when you're  on a MR server:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/minorating-com-drivers-thread.25732/page-50#post-567024
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
Re: Minorating and warping analysis
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2015, 07:01:55 PM »
Are we going to run this in Tuesday and Thursday leagues?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 08:16:40 PM »
Not on Tuesdays. I want to minimise server apps/plugins etc.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 08:34:41 PM »
Then I won't be on an MR server. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 10:46:17 PM »
The practice server does run MR, mostly so guys can get a rating while running some laps on it. It doesnt filter out ratings in any way but I did notice that running stracker on the servers has raised warping amounts. In terms or MR the only netcode issues Ive seen with it is that when MR uses auth to filter people joining there is at times a server wide lag as a new user is announced.

Stracker has been causing more warps all round but I also experimented last nite running only stracker on the practice server, and mr only on the other servers and still noticed a bit more warping on either server.

I see the what Minolin is looking for is to try and find a way to detect warp caused collisions not necessarioy plugins causing extra warps. I did run mr for quite a while before I went away and overall other then the odd join lag it was pretty solid. Running stracker again has seemed to degrade the net quality though so when I get a chance I will experiment a bit more but I really want to run mr for the pub servers and stracker  is great for the practice server. It just seems on my amazon instance this is not a great combination unfortunatly.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2015, 10:52:40 PM »
There was weird stuff happening with ballast tonight on the practice server. Looked like dynamic ballast being added. Was that Wally or Minorating?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2015, 11:11:31 PM »
Not me... I didn't touch the practice server. Everyone has their set ballast.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2015, 11:47:55 PM »
There was weird stuff happening with ballast tonight on the practice server. Looked like dynamic ballast being added. Was that Wally or Minorating?

I haven't touched the practice server at all I leave that to wally entirely, MR has always been running on that server. Ballast is set by user list but server doesn't have a pass ( I assume Wally left it off on purpose) It seems anyone else that joins just gets whatever ballast the car they get put into has. All people on the entry list get the correct ballast it seems, not sure what happens if the car a person with guid in the entry list is already taken by another when they join though.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2015, 07:27:33 AM »
That would explain it. I think I was getting Grat's ballast since I'm probably not on the entry list for this round.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal