Xtreme Gaming Network

Round 3: Blackwood Race Chat

Author Topic: Round 3: Blackwood Race Chat  (Read 6971 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Round 3: Blackwood Race Chat
« on: April 22, 2014, 11:34:41 PM »
3 x 8 laps

Rank Times
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Round 3: Blackwood Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 10:57:55 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Stats
Season Standings

Penalties
None.

Round points
David Gibson   43
Wally Masterson   42.5
Tim Herbertson   40.5
Glenn Frost   40.5
Dion Ware   38.5
Stephen Perryman   37.5
Darren Brown   32.5
Robin Jeffery   32

Season 15 Championship Standings
1. Wally, 94.5
2. David G, 89
3. Tim, 84.5
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 11:06:47 PM »
Races 1 and 2 were very good. It was hard not to get swamped in the corners with a lot of ballast, but still had some good defending and capitalising on mistakes dicing with others. A few times I had to check up coming in faster than others into corners so as not to hit them, and ended up losing a bit of time with compromised corner exits.

Race 3 was just bad luck, with a side by side wheel clip on lap 1 with Glenn which sent me spinning, and left me in catch up mode for the rest of the race.

In race 1, there were no contacts at all by anyone. I think that's the first time that's every happened!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 11:51:49 PM »
Race 1: Got away well from pole and was able to do consistent laps with Dion sitting fairly close behind keeping me honest.
Race 2: Drove badly for the first few laps making small mistakes everywhere and letting the front guys skip away.  Finally settled it down and got some good laps in to come home 3rd.
Race 3: Apologies to Wally for tapping his rear tyre and spinning him.  I tried to straighten him up but to no avail.  I pushed on but a few laps later coming out of the T1 chicane I caught the last tyre bundle.  It was weird, because visually I didn't seem to hit it, but it grabbed me regardless.
From there it was chasing Wally home.  I did slip buy him but I don't know how you cart 200+ kgs around and maintain speed Wally!

Offline Vipergod

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 07:35:18 PM »
R1 Had a very good run chasing Glen but he was just to consistant
R2 Another good run. Thought 2nd again but Steve gifted me with a win
R3 What a sod of a run, Had no speed or handling, methinks my gremlin from the last couple of rounds hit again.
All in all a better run for me

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »
Race 1 was a good, long battle with Wally and Stephen but I wasn't as quick as either of them. :'(

Race 2 there was some good wheel-to-wheel racing with Tim & Steve as I fell back through the pack.
Then some more with Tim, again, as I fought back to 4th.
Then an unforced error at the 1st chicken let Glen back in for some more side-by-side, until he got the better of me.

Race 3 and I made to T1 1st, missing the frackas behind and opening up a gap of 5.6s to Tim in 4th by lap 2.
Not enough. :(
He was on my tail by the last lap and I defended tooth and nail but I still missed out bu 0.013s!! >:(
Well done Tim. 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal