Xtreme Gaming Network

Help - AC has stopped working

Author Topic: Help - AC has stopped working  (Read 8273 times)

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Help - AC has stopped working
« on: March 19, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »
Hey Guys,

I can't get past the Main Menu Screen.

When I try and start a Race (on or off-line) or a Hotlap Session, AC starts to load cars and track and then crashes back to the Main Menu. This  happens with default AC cars and tracks and Mod cars and tracks. I have Verified Steam Files, checked that the resolution is 1920x1080 etc. I can find nothing obvious.

I started checking the Logs files in  the \Documents Folder but I have no idea what I am looking for. I am not a computer wizard but not a total ludite either, so any advice of what "search" words I should be looking for would be really appreciated.

Thanks guys
rob

Offline grat

• View Profile
Re: Help - AC has stopped working
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 08:36:58 PM »
I am no savvy either, but the first thing I'd do is check for local files integrity using steam.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 08:47:45 PM »
It sounds like the resolution crash but if you've checked that, I have no idea, sorry. :(

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 08:57:49 PM »
anything here helpful
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/please-read-before-open-a-thread-how-to-solve-most-common-issues-updated-14-02-2017.16619/

when i had this issue a while back  Update/reinstall Microsoft .NET fixed it for me
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 11:42:13 PM »
It sounds like the resolution crash but if you've checked that, I have no idea, sorry. :(
Oh, yeah, right: check that the launcher is set to the actual resolution you mean to use.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 12:14:46 AM »
Post the logs if you can rob. Some of us may be able to figure it out. Maybe try disabling all the apps in the options menu. Could be an app playing up.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 07:10:48 AM »
It's all good and working again.  :)

Thanks Grat, Dave and Joe. And thanks Phil for the link.

I tried the first suggestion on that link and renamed my AC folder in \Documents and let AC build a new one. The game launched straight away. All I have to do now is re-customize it with the Apps that I want to use. I'll do that one by one and check for any conflicts.

Thanks again guys, and look for me in my usual position at the back of the pack.

rob

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 07:46:19 AM »
It's all good and working again.  :)

Thanks Grat, Dave and Joe. And thanks Phil for the link.

I tried the first suggestion on that link and renamed my AC folder in \Documents and let AC build a new one. The game launched straight away. All I have to do now is re-customize it with the Apps that I want to use. I'll do that one by one and check for any conflicts.

Thanks again guys, and look for me in my usual position at the back of the pack.

rob

Good stuff. You'll want to copy your setups back into that folder too.

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 05:12:37 PM »
Thanks joe. That was the first folder I copied over. Don't know why I did, none of them help me much. Lol

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2017, 04:14:21 PM »
I didnt want to start another thread but for me the last week or so since I got the latest Windows 10 update had everything turn to poo especially the last couple of league races. I couldnt understand why I was getting massive stuttering and also my CPU temps were getting much higher then they should be. What I found is there was a background application hijacking all resources, using up nearly all ram and lots of CPU %.

The process was  WsAppService.exe which came up in task manager and after some searching its not a virus but a program called wondershare app framework, killing the process then locating the file location I was able to uninstall the program and now its running great again. This is not something I ever knowingly installed but possibly got packaged with something else or even the windows creator update and its a horrible POS program lol.

Anyone getting terrible performance press ctrl shift and escape to check task manager and see if anything is using resources it shouldn't be, once this was removed the cpu isnt over working and back to normal temps. I also disabled the windows real time protection that has no easy way to disable the function permanently, its stuff like this that is very annoying when it gets packaged with an OS pretty much forcing you to use stuff you don't want to. I will choose what I want to run or not run and for whatever reason MS decides to add so much bloatware junk to their OS trying to find ways to remove most of it is quite a challenge.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »
Cheers marty. In that last race I had about half a lap where everything went nuts, fps way down and really choppy. Almost pulled over then it resolved itself. Will look out for this one.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2017, 03:07:09 PM »
I think getting the game to run smoothly and consistantly is the key to be able to actually get closer to your limits. When I had the case of the stutters it was really annoying and hard to drive consistantly as at any point there would be a random stutter to just give you the big FU now deal with that type assist by your PC.  ;)

Since having found that issue for me the game runs great again and it should with a gtx 1080 and solid cpu/ram. But at 7680x1440 I wasnt sure if it was just the resolution causing my issues but seems that one app and another by asus that was causing some sound stutters at time. Having nothing hogging resources now I can run the game maxed at my res in a full field and have it solid stutter free but I still am capping fps at 61 which is better then uncapped 65-90 visually.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal