Xtreme Gaming Network

Author Topic: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro  (Read 68204 times)

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
Re: Sign up - May 9 Nords Enduro
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2017, 10:20:23 AM »
Just got a call this morning I have to fly to Tas because my grandmother is in a bad way and they're not sure she will make it though the weekend. Flying to Sydney to pickup my old man and my uncle then flying on to Tas and not sure when I will be back so best I don't take up a spot. Good luck in the race, was really looking forward to getting some seat time after 6 months away. I will get involved with your league races when I am back though, really good setup you guys have here.

Cheers ladies and gents.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2017, 10:22:01 AM »
Just got a call this morning I have to fly to Tas because my grandmother is in a bad way and they're not sure she will make it though the weekend. Flying to Sydney to pickup my old man and my uncle then flying on to Tas and not sure when I will be back so best I don't take up a spot. Good luck in the race, was really looking forward to getting some seat time after 6 months away. I will get involved with your league races when I am back though, really good setup you guys have here.

Cheers ladies and gents.

Grid limit is 32 and we don't have that many entries atm so no need to take you off the list, hope all goes well over there.

Offline Sin

• Edit Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 04, 2017, 12:23:50 PM »
Ok mate cheers. I am sitting around marking time until my flight at 9pm so I will jump in the server and try to work on increasing my driving ranking from a C- to a B lol

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 04, 2017, 12:27:48 PM »
Ok mate cheers. I am sitting around marking time until my flight at 9pm so I will jump in the server and try to work on increasing my driving ranking from a C- to a B lol

The only way to go from C to B is to run close and clean with other cars, with the amount of laps I ran mostly solo here I went from A to C, but ran a few laps late with Cherno and got back my rating even though I haven't had a contact in the last 1000km.

Anyone unable to get into the server due to MR restriction wanting to race just let me know and I will add to the xgn whitelist, I have added Sin to the whitelist who is driving as Chris Harvey in game. All other XGN guys and most of the ROOZ guys should already be on the whitelist, this combo is likely to drop a few people to c grade unless they run some laps with others which is good practice to run in some traffic but if guys are trying to set a qualy lap they may not want to do this.   ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 12:53:41 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 04, 2017, 12:51:20 PM »

Cheers ladies and gents.
Good luck Sin. See you when you get back.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2017, 09:57:19 PM »
Oh yeah, I'll drive the Nissan GT-R GT3 Wally.

Thanks Guvna
Darren

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »
I forgot about this video, amazing lap so commited and nailing it. Shame about the audio, I tried the 12c gt3 but seems a bit down on power the 65ps could likely match this time but would need to nail the lap with similar agression which is not easy. 8:10.921  :o

[youtube]ajN5fVVOLOw[/youtube]

Rolz

« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2017, 09:06:53 AM »
wow that was amazing... I don't know how he can sit there with the size of his ball he must have to do that...

There were a few quick corners in a higher gear I'd like to try as well as the lines are slightly different... still the way he hit's some curbs I just get thrown around too much...

His flamboyant up gear changes also looked cool  :P

I think biggest challenge for me on race night will be brain fade...
Can do about 7-8laps and then start to wander with my thoughts and BAM into the wall or off the track...  :-\

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2017, 09:50:37 AM »
Hes on the very edge of how much curb you can use, getting on the lower part of most of them is ok but not many you can go high up or over. I dont think he had any more road he could use anywhere its impressive driving. Only person that could likely beat this would be SVG if he ever got to run Nords but he isnt qualified to race there even as a Blancpain enduoro champion.

That lap probably isnt a great example for people to try and copy as it needs some amazing skill to pull that off even in a sim. To do it for real takes massive balls as you said, maybe they help lower the cog.  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2017, 08:08:24 PM »
Here is a lap of mine though wasn't in the server I cant match Kcenders pace on 2 lap old softs, got the splits for it but cant put together a good first and last sector on the same lap so gave up and will just practice the car I am actually running which will be the Audi R8.

[youtube]NneReeoHAWU[/youtube]

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2017, 12:35:44 AM »
I wonder if mixing in a slow easy to drive car would help the guys struggling with the pace of the gt cars, I dont have any idea of what maybe bmw m235i, mx5 cup or something similar. If there is anyone that would like to race but finds the gt cars a bit much at Nords it could be an option even though its late notice.

Having spent a bit of time in the server there are a few guys struggling to get around 2 consecutive laps so maybe a slow easier car may work and also add some mixed class traffic. Numbers overall arent huge yet but I think theres a few rooz guys like cherno possibly a couple more that may join still.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2017, 08:32:03 AM »
GT3 cars are the easiest cars to drive! But seriously, there's a big range of cars to choose from, with varying characteristics, that will suit everybody. Take a Lotus if you want something quite predictable.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2017, 05:15:49 PM »
Anyone gonna be online tonight? Will be on around 8.30... will be good to practice with a few ppl on the track.

Being consistent when solo is nothing to when ur chasing or being chased :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2017, 07:49:04 PM »
Anyone gonna be online tonight? Will be on around 8.30... will be good to practice with a few ppl on the track.

I just tried. Was half way though a qually lap and the baby came over, picked up my phone, threw it at me then went for my beer... So far haven't finished a single clean lap

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »

I can jump on for some pack running, more fun then solo lapping.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal