Xtreme Gaming Network

S18 R6 - Symmons Plains - 18/07/2019

Author Topic: S18 R6 - Symmons Plains - 18/07/2019  (Read 18645 times)

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S18 R6 - Symmons Plains - 18/07/2019
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2019, 06:02:08 PM »
I'll take you all on your word, the final version still won't start for me. :-X

still wont work,  I cant think of anything you can try to fix it,  did you contact support ?
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2019, 06:20:40 PM »
@ Jarmel,  you wont get triples to look anygood as there is no triple support in ACC

Yeah ,Tho I remember seeing a post about using a program to enable borderless windowed mode just looking for it now. Bad triple screen is still better than no triple screen I think

Offline Phil.8

• Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2019, 07:38:26 PM »
the centre screen view is good I thought and once you get fov close the side monitors not so bad
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Seanus

• ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2019, 09:20:11 PM »
... I remember seeing a post about using a program to enable borderless windowed mode just looking for it now. Bad triple screen is still better than no triple...

This one?
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 09:45:30 PM »
Thanks guys. If I could race all the nights, I would!

Even though enduros are not my thing due to beer and toilet needs :)  I will be keen to hear what you think of them
Well, what I like about enduros full stop (ACC or not) is the concentration required, trying to keep brain fades to a minimum. In ACC, you have to deal with obviously changing day/night lighting conditions, changing weather conditions, changing rubbered racing line. What is intriguing so far is the tyre pressures. You don't just dial in the optimal pressures and fuggedaboutit. The temperature is changing, especially day to night, and so your pressures are always changing, going up or going down. At a pit stop, you have to try to predict if the temp is going up or down, and how high or low to set your PSI. Your tyre pressures may be too high for a while, but then settle into an optimal range later in the stint, or vice versa. And of course you have changing tyre wear, changing fuel loads etc changing the car dynamics as well.
As to the driving feel, I like how the cars feel like they have weight, and don't just go sliding off the track at the drop of a hat, but aren't on rails either. I don't have any numbness in the FFB. All the cars feel, and sound, very different.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2019, 09:46:25 PM »
You'll have to post something on the support forums (include your zipped up crash logs) if you want them to get to the bottom of it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2019, 10:25:07 PM »
Thanks guys. If I could race all the nights, I would!

Even though enduros are not my thing due to beer and toilet needs :)  I will be keen to hear what you think of them
Well, what I like about enduros full stop (ACC or not) is the concentration required, trying to keep brain fades to a minimum. In ACC, you have to deal with obviously changing day/night lighting conditions, changing weather conditions, changing rubbered racing line. What is intriguing so far is the tyre pressures. You don't just dial in the optimal pressures and fuggedaboutit. The temperature is changing, especially day to night, and so your pressures are always changing, going up or going down. At a pit stop, you have to try to predict if the temp is going up or down, and how high or low to set your PSI. Your tyre pressures may be too high for a while, but then settle into an optimal range later in the stint, or vice versa. And of course you have changing tyre wear, changing fuel loads etc changing the car dynamics as well.
As to the driving feel, I like how the cars feel like they have weight, and don't just go sliding off the track at the drop of a hat, but aren't on rails either. I don't have any numbness in the FFB. All the cars feel, and sound, very different.
+1 although I haven't spent much time optimising set ups and pit stops/refuelling/tyres, I just like to drive. I joined rooz a couple of weeks ago, qual 4th?  .5 off the front runner which I was pretty happy with but got punted off in the first corner, someone thought 3wide was a good idea, the inside guy pushing the middle guy into me (being on the outside). Ended up pretty boring racing then. Should do more pit testing because when I went in for fuel and tyres, the tyre box was unchecked and was unable to check it in time so came back out with the same set lol. Is there a tyre wear indicator? Anyways I quit early when I saw the leaders catch me, I'll join in again on Mon. Any thoughts on pit strategy, fuel/tyres? I was going to go with 2 stop but think it best with 1?

I'm not having any issues with wheel sensitivity myself, but it maybe worth checking the wheel rotation (degrees) is set up correctly.

A full reinstall of the game should do the trick, hopefully, if you haven't tried yet Bacchulum.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2019, 11:12:41 PM »
We're getting a bit OT here, but I just pit once, half way, start with a full tank. There's no wear indicator while you're driving (like on real life) but you can check the wear depth back in the setup.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2019, 11:27:54 PM »
... I remember seeing a post about using a program to enable borderless windowed mode just looking for it now. Bad triple screen is still better than no triple...

This one?
Yeah that's the one ,  thanks.  , In the end I tried eyefinity and it worked , which is weird as every other game I have used it for it has given me refresh rate flickering .

I played with the ffb settings a little by dropping to 80% gain and 5% minimum force or there abouts  and the car has a lot better feel now, will only get better with further tinkering I hope.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:31:44 PM by Jarmel »

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:58 AM »
A full reinstall of the game should do the trick, hopefully, if you haven't tried yet Bacchulum.
I've tried everything short of a full format and windows install.

2+2=√16

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2019, 08:37:58 AM »
I've tried everything short of a full format and windows install.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system
Also go to control panel > uninstall a program > click on repair for which ever c++ visual studio allows you to repair

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 18, 2019, 05:14:27 PM »
You'll have to post something on the support forums (include your zipped up crash logs) if you want them to get to the bottom of it.
Currently trying that Wally but it won't let me.
Apparently, I need to 'specify a tag', but I have NFI what a tag is and it gives me no options or explanations.
Do you know what they're on about?

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
Currently trying that Wally but it won't let me.
Apparently, I need to 'specify a tag', but I have NFI what a tag is and it gives me no options or explanations.
Do you know what they're on about?
Add a critical tag from the drop down on the thread title.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2019, 07:13:53 PM »
I did that.
But there's another field, no drop down box, that's labeled tags:

Tags:
Multiple tags may be separated by commas. You must specify at least 1 tag(s).

I'll just put any crap in there and hope it doesn't get me banned.

2+2=√16

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2019, 07:44:48 PM »
Alfa set 8)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal