Xtreme Gaming Network

R18R3: Tsukuba Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: R18R3: Tsukuba Post-Race Chat  (Read 14875 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
R18R3: Tsukuba Post-Race Chat
« on: August 15, 2017, 08:09:09 PM »
RACE 1 RESULTS
RACE 2 RESULTS
Season Standings

No penalties - clean starts. Well done in such a big field of 27 starters.

Round Points

Phil.8   92
Joe   92
Kcender87   91
Uncle Tim   91
Shayne   84
Fozzy   84
Jeremy   72
Slow_As   71
Freezer   68
Mael   66
Doobs   61
Matthew111   60
ab156   57
diehard   55
RussG   55
SkilletKid   55
Dave O   49
Wally   47
bradc   42
buellersdayoff   42
Shameless   38
Dr.Dinkum   30
GymHippo   24
Simone   17
Rolz   15
AJ   10
Bacchulum   9
DC   0

Congratulations to Uncle Tim and Phil.8 for the race wins, and Phil.8 and Joe for a tie in the round points. A good round for Krahl Racing!

Season Podium
1. Phil.8, 192
2. Kcender87, 182
3. Joe, 174

Teams Podium
1. Krahl Racing, 366
2. Maki Engineering, 305
3. Struggle Street Racing Crew, 301
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:49:09 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: R18R3: Tsukuba Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 09:27:04 PM »
I'm out - being crippled to the extent I was has sapped any enjoyment out of it... one of the reserves can take my place

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 09:28:01 PM »
Yeah that wasn't fun.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 10:02:53 PM »
Less said about race one the better. Race two however was great fun. A race long battle with Fozzie till Jeremy came to spoil the party on the last lap  ;D

No idea how you won the race with your restrictor Phil, seriously impressive!

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2017, 10:05:09 PM »
I'm out - being crippled to the extent I was has sapped any enjoyment out of it... one of the reserves can take my place

did Rolz delete his account ,, bit extreme if so, I hope not
But in saying that if you are happy to race and win one week with low BOP then dummy spit the next week, doesn't seem fair
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 10:10:33 PM by Phil.8 »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2017, 10:08:07 PM »
I think I need to assign a clutch button just to help me from stop getting swamped off the start..

no practice on this circuit in this car, so I qualified at the back where I expected. Found a few holes in the first lap and managed to squeeze in, I was all over Wally for a lap or 2. I tried to hang on but it was getting a bit risky so I backed off and held up those that had spun off and stuck behind me.. some close calls but good race. PB 1:06.8 i think it was.

race 2 PB 1:05.4?  I was happy with that. I did rather well at the start I had managed to get into 16th, but abs spun me on the 12th lap when he punted my left side door (Wally please check turn 1 left hander on lap 12) not sure if its a racing incident or a penalty tap, there was no redress. I had to pit for tires as I wasn't prepared to risk it.. came out in last on the 16th lap just ahead of the leaders and let them through one by one and finished a few spots from last.

Now it's time for a drink.

Well done to the leaders :)
--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline SkilletKid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 10:20:20 PM »
Didn't really do much racing in both races. Just tried to keep it clean and only took places that people lost by spinning or crashing.

Saw what happened to AJ in race 2 and that looked like a big one.

Might have annoyed Matthew111 in race 1 just defending my position near the end and it was 5 laps of heart in my mouth driving trying to fend him off - thanks for not punting me off Matt.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 10:22:30 PM »
Race results in first post...
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 11:00:36 PM »
I wasn't on the pace tonight, qualifying in 21st. Race 1 was a pretty intense battle, chasing Rolz and Bradc who were pretty close in front. It took Rolz a long time to get past Brad, but I wasn't able to do so, with pretty much nothing splitting our lap times. I was less than a second from the car in front every lap of the race, so that was some really good close racing.

The first half of race 2 was similarly close, but then the two cars I was chasing (AB and someone? I can't remember now) came together and I could make an opportunistic pass. From there it ended up being relatively lonely chasing SkilletKid a few seconds in front, but Diehard and AB were heaping on the pressure behind me, catching up in the slower corners. I knew if I was going to run wide on any of the slow corners, they'd be in, so I had to be pretty careful. It's no wonder I was Hunted in race 2, with Diehard chasing hard.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 11:01:55 PM »

But in saying that if you are happy to race and win one week with low BOP then dummy spit the next week, doesn't seem fair
It seems that way, but this is a Drama Free Zone. If people want to dummy spit, then so be it. The rest of us will all still be here next week, having fun.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 12:51:57 AM »
Saw what happened to AJ in race 2 and that looked like a big one.

Yeah I got taken out by who I am pretty sure was the same person in both races.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 07:33:41 AM »
Qualified 3rd and kept the position off the line which is rare for me in these cars. A few laps in russ went wide at t1 and got alongside him for a few corners coming out ahead. After that little scrap uncle tim had made a gap which i was closing little by little each lap but wasn't able to catch him.

Started on pole R2 and was immediately overtaken off the line by uncle tim. Had a small contact with phil when he was along side me which kcender was able to use to get by. A few laps later tim had an off allowing us by. After that the race stayed the same until the end. At one stage i did close up on kcender but he and phil are too consistent and I'm not so several bad laps meant the gap opened up to a few seconds and wasn't much i could do. Happy with 2nd and 3rd for the night.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 08:26:01 AM »

It seems that way, but this is a Drama Free Zone. If people want to dummy spit, then so be it. The rest of us will all still be here next week, having fun.

I know, I was just surprised he would quit over that, I like racing Rolz
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 09:45:00 AM »
It is a bit abrupt, yes. Everyone has better races and worse races from time to time - that's racing.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 10:10:56 AM »
I had a worse night, so I guess I'm outta here too. ??? :o :'(

(until tomorrow at least :P )

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal