Xtreme Gaming Network

Pit lane penalty app: 2.00

Author Topic: Pit lane penalty app: 2.00  (Read 190181 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.14 for download
« Reply #135 on: June 24, 2016, 08:09:38 AM »
I had a thought, folks. Would a feature be useful in the app to only enable it on Tuesdays, and disable it automatically on other days? It really only makes sense in a league setting.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 24, 2016, 08:34:04 AM »
I had a thought, folks. Would a feature be useful in the app to only enable it on Tuesdays, and disable it automatically on other days? It really only makes sense in a league setting.
I would love that feature. I don't really like "spamming" the chat when not running in a league or in a league that doesn't use PLP.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 24, 2016, 10:00:43 AM »
It would be good if there was a way to disable it if needed in game without disabling it in launcher. Its good to see where I cut in practice but more the lights are a nuisance showing a jump start each race. Cuts I rarely do anyway and I like seeing plp as its more strict then ingame cut detection so does avoid abusing track too much. If someone was to practice especially at Spa for example with plp off then run on Tuesday they will notice you cant run so wide everywhere and have issues with cuts. Even plp is still fairly soft here at Eau Rogue and Blonchimont for track limits. If you get a cut there you shouldnt complain as you eed to be way outside to get detected.

Maybe if there was an option to disable chat spam but just show the app notices. This then could cause issues on a race nite with people having it off by mistake. So the best option may still be to simply disable it in launcher when you dont want to use it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 12:27:55 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 24, 2016, 11:26:54 AM »
Good point Marty. I can disable everything but the cut warnings on a non-Tuesday, including the chat messages.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Shayne

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 24, 2016, 12:00:23 PM »
I'm all for this :D

I'm sure the arse guys would appreciate to see my false start messages disappear hehe

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: New pit lane penalty app: 1.15 for download
« Reply #140 on: June 26, 2016, 10:33:40 AM »
I've added a new version 1.15 as an attachment in the first post.

This adds an ENABLED_DAYS setting in the PLP.ini file, which makes the app enabled on Tuesdays only by default (you can change the setting to enable the app on other days too, if you want).

On non-enabled days, you will still get cut track warnings showing up, but there will be no PLP chat messages, and no start lights displayed.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 26, 2016, 12:04:16 PM »
Good work Wally I think that will be a welcome fature for most people, good to see us not spam every other servers chat.

Those that havent used the app yet may want to load it up on the practice server and skip to a race if nobody else is there to test the start lights. If using this version that will only work Tuesday.

Wally do you think maybe on other days when lights are off you culd still pop the lights up at the start of session for a few seconds and then have a message come up saying lights disabled today currently only available on Tuesdays or something along those lines. Also if someone enables or disables the app it may be good to show lights and then this message. That way people will know if the lights are enabled or not before the actual start.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 27, 2016, 07:55:21 AM »
When the app pops up now for a few seconds at the start, the windows title says "Pit Lane Penalty -  DISABLED".  That should hopefully be enough of a cue.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2016, 08:10:25 AM »
With the introduction of false starts in AC 1.7, we no longer need the PLP "Wally" lights. Instead, we will be using the game's drive through penalty for a jump start.

YOU NEED TO DOWNLOAD VERSION 1.15 OF THE PLP APP FROM THE FIRST POST

This turns the PLP lights off. When you dismiss and activate the app, you should no longer see the PLP lights flash up as a preview.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 16, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4Z4h0urU7w[/youtube]

Kinda fun for me to watch a KS live stream and see "PLP: running version 1.7" come up in the chat window  8)

Rolz

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2016, 03:13:25 PM »
Nice one Wally  ;D

:thumbsup:

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2016, 03:54:56 PM »
That is cool
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 16, 2016, 03:59:44 PM »
That is cool
Everybody knows PLP! It's like the third Australian export after iron ore and kangaroo scrotum.

Rolz

« Reply #148 on: September 16, 2016, 04:03:21 PM »
That is cool
Everybody knows PLP! It's like the third Australian export after iron ore and kangaroo scrotum.

Hahahaha classic

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #149 on: September 16, 2016, 04:10:43 PM »
That is ENORMOUSLY  8)

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal