Xtreme Gaming Network

Best wishes to Flattop

Author Topic: Best wishes to Flattop  (Read 82724 times)

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
Re: Best wishes to Flattop
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2017, 01:24:24 PM »
Hey Bruce I'd like to add my best wishes!

I like to believe that our minds are our strongest weapon; as long as we believe in ourselves, and not believe any negative prediction from doctors, we can prevail.  There are numerous examples of such things happening, so I wish you a lot of mental strength, too, that'll certainly help pull you through.  The Car project is an excellent way of it!

Apologies if I sound presumptuous, feel free to just feel well and disregard my babbling! ;)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2017, 05:16:47 PM »
Glad you are home Bruce  8)

I just wanted to say thank you, if it was not for you I would of missed out on an awesome day in my own backyard.

Some pics to look at if you like. I posted them in the Baskerville Historics Round thread
http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=2000.msg39053;topicseen#new

and a direct link
https://photos.app.goo.gl/C6zHZxhF27UewbjD2
Sorry to have missed you, I was disappointed in not having the opportunity to meet yourself and Denis.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »
Hey Bruce I'd like to add my best wishes!

I like to believe that our minds are our strongest weapon; as long as we believe in ourselves, and not believe any negative prediction from doctors, we can prevail.  There are numerous examples of such things happening, so I wish you a lot of mental strength, too, that'll certainly help pull you through.  The Car project is an excellent way of it!

Apologies if I sound presumptuous, feel free to just feel well and disregard my babbling! ;)
Istvan I know your not babbling and your intentions are honest and appreciated.  My mental attitudes is one of the ways that I have made it here along with the support and positive thoughts and love from my family and friends. The doctors are one method, my positiveness is another parallel path.
Thank you,
Bruce.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 03:21:04 AM »
Hope all is getting better Bruce.  It's been a while, but it was always nice to hear from you both in the forums and on the track.  Here's to a better road ahead and many more fun times on track.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 08:36:34 AM »
Hope all is getting better Bruce.  It's been a while, but it was always nice to hear from you both in the forums and on the track.  Here's to a better road ahead and many more fun times on track.
Thanks Guy and I particularly like your analogies, that are in fact part of my plan!
Cheers,
Bruce

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
how is everything going Bruce
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2017, 06:04:50 PM »
Backing up what Wally said.
You're certainly one of the nicest people I've raced with Bruce, maybe too nice  on the track sometimes. :)
Daz

Offline humper

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2017, 10:51:47 AM »
You're certainly one of the nicest people I've raced with Bruce, maybe too nice  on the track sometimes. :)
Daz

Well said.
I always feel very welcome when returning to racing after not being around for a while. Bruce is always straight on TS to roll out the welcome mat and to new drivers also. Love it Bruce. THANKS

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2017, 02:47:58 PM »
HI,

I might have missed something during my months abroad, but I most definitely agree with all that Wally wrote. Hope whatever it is/was is getting better.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2017, 01:30:14 PM »
Hey Bruce!!!  I wish i could give you a hug and a smile in person.You are an excellent man,i think of you and i know you are a fighter in and off the racing track!!!!!

Simone

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 10:15:01 AM »
Hey Bruce, we have raced together for many many years and whilst we have not met in person I do feel like I know you.  It concerns me that
you have been unwell.  You have always made racing here such a good place to be and I only hope that the future looks promising for you.
Look forward to many more races . .
Cheers
Freezer

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2017, 02:31:23 PM »
Hi Bruce,

I started this thread to give everyone here at XGN an opportunity to send you messages of best wishes and support.

For myself, I find you an inspirational member here who always has a positive, "have fun" attitude in all of the many years that you and I have raced together (and you're quite hard to pass!). You're always proud of your achievements when you do well, which shows the fun you're having. You're a true gentleman racer. And you have put your hand in to organise many series and get involved. You're a real asset to XGN, and a great part of the place.

- Wally
Now that I have a little more energy today and finally logging onto to XGN, your kind words deserve more than a a mere "Thankyou", even though at the time, that was the best  could do.
It has many moments, far in the majority, that given me a lot satisfaction. enjoyment and entertainment, (on many levels :) ), and apply myself to being a part of the XGN  community has truly been a pleasure.
You may have guessed, I don't give in to easily and doing a little cardiac work on the site when needed, down to trying new mods in an attempt to keep the interest up, (just like your sex life :) ), has had its rewards.
As in real life, so is my "cyberlife", Ill give it 100%, on occasions it works, and mu 100% equals the others.
I know I am the better for being part of XGN, this thread this concern proves it,
Thank you Wally and all.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 02:36:15 PM by Bruce »

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »
Hey Bruce, what Wally said.

You certainly are an inspiration for all us old guys. Keep fighting mate, take care of yourself and get well soon.

I know you will be racing with us again soon. Although you have picked up some pace of late on Thursdays I will still get lonely at the back of the pack without someone to chase.

God Bless mate.

rob
Rob I believe we all inspire each other here, we have a common cause, there is no animosity, small tiffs are sorted out quickly and we move on as a group of friends should.
There will plenty race opportunities for you and I  :)
Thank for you best wishes.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 02:43:56 PM »
Daz
Thanks Daz, that is very nice description to have, makes me proud. 

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 02:51:14 PM »
Hey Bruce, we have raced together for many many years and whilst we have not met in person I do feel like I know you.  It concerns me that
you have been unwell.  You have always made racing here such a good place to be and I only hope that the future looks promising for you.
Look forward to many more races . .
Cheers
Freezer
Many thanks Glen, kind words.  I have felt that, it is one of the nice parts of a common interest and common philosophy of life I expect.
When ever you make your appearance on track, and we say "hi", (usually it is the first overtake of me in prac :) ), is is as natural as meeting someone on the street.
Looking forward to more races too... (may need assistance again in the GT3 class  ::) )

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal