Xtreme Gaming Network

Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16

Author Topic: Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16  (Read 20649 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Lotus Fun Run - May 16
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2017, 02:12:17 PM »
I was reading about pit stops in the 60's. It seems the drivers had to make quite a few unscheduled stops for mechanical issues. Reliability has certainly come a long way. It also seems that races were generally 2 hrs long, although that doesn't seem to have been a consistent rule. I would picture 1 hr races in the season with no conditions, 100% damage.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2017, 02:23:27 PM »
Umm you ?

Clearly not you with such high standards.  ;D

who cars what they look like as long as they have grey stuff and the corners are in the the right spot 

Many here openly encourage low quality rips and generally poorly made mods, I avoid Thursdays even if home due to this and if Tuesdays go the same way I will avoid those too.

yes we know, we hear it often
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »
I was reading about pit stops in the 60's. It seems the drivers had to make quite a few unscheduled stops for mechanical issues. Reliability has certainly come a long way. It also seems that races were generally 2 hrs long, although that doesn't seem to have been a consistent rule. I would picture 1 hr races in the season with no conditions, 100% damage.

At least aero damage has no effect  ;D

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2017, 02:31:14 PM »
Seeing that you have no interest in Thursday night racing and what we race and what tracks we race on, why do you make disparaging comments about it when ever you get bored or something ?  Why not just tell yourself  its not your thing and keep out of it ?

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2017, 02:57:11 PM »
Seeing that you have no interest in Thursday night racing and what we race and what tracks we race on, why do you make disparaging comments about it when ever you get bored or something ?  Why not just tell yourself  its not your thing and keep out of it ?

That can work both ways yea, if your not interested in someone elses opinion then stay out of the discussion. If you didnt mention your amazingly low standards for accepting a track and as you run Thursdays with the same standards is the only reason I mentioned it here.

Do I have to praise all the crappy rips/mods pushed on this forum recently? I am free to give my opinion just as you or anyone else does.

Also running a seperate "event" purposefully clashing with a Tuesday fun run I think was great form so well done on that.

I wont run this round but its not like I am going to post about running an alternative fun run to it on this forum at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:08:03 PM by marty »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2017, 03:40:20 PM »
separate event  purposefully clashing with a Tuesday night event,  please explain this statement, I find it interesting

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2017, 03:47:57 PM »

I wont run this round but its not like I am going to post about running an alternative fun run to it on this forum at the same time.

LOL so your saying its you who sanctions what is fun or not ?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2017, 04:34:07 PM »

At least aero damage has no effect  ;D
No, but God knows what engine and gearbox damage is like in these old cars at 100%.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 05:27:06 PM »
Why do I feel like I'm watching an episode of Seven Year Switch?

Any chance of Longford, or are there issues with it? I have low standards, so usually not too critical in assessing tracks. I get bored driving the same ones though.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 05:44:26 PM »
Also running a seperate "event" purposefully clashing with a Tuesday fun run I think was great form so well done on that.
Not wanting to wade into the other discussion but I would like to set the record straight re Tuesday fun run. I asked if Phil could put the Skip Biber up for a bit of a run for myself and any others unable to do the Nords run. I basically struggle to last 30 minutes or so at the present so the Nords enduro wasn't possible. I deliberately left it to the last minute to suggest so as not to have it seem like an alternate event to the Nords run. I think the Nords event got a good turn out and a very good completion rate for such an event.

Just wanted to make sure that Wally understood that no offence intended.

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2017, 06:07:10 PM »
I'd rather something different than bloody silverstone AGAIN.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2017, 06:16:19 PM »
Just wanted to make sure that Wally understood that no offence intended.
No offence taken, so long as everyone had something to do on Tuesday night.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2017, 06:17:09 PM »
I'd rather something different than bloody silverstone AGAIN.
Silverstone 66? We haven't raced that one that much.

Offline UnFknBLievable

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2017, 06:38:41 PM »
imagine cadwell park in the 49's, that would be harder than nords :) A real challenge

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2017, 07:31:01 PM »
My first run...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal