Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R3: Spa Race Chat

Author Topic: S4R3: Spa Race Chat  (Read 31155 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S4R3: Spa Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2014, 07:35:22 PM »
With the removal of the 599, I've updated the car allocations in the first post. As expected, the 599 has just been replaced by the BMW M3 GT2. No one else's car changed.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2014, 09:14:02 PM »
With the removal of the 599, I've updated the car allocations in the first post. As expected, the 599 has just been replaced by the BMW M3 GT2. No one else's car changed.
Phew :)  Thanks, Wally!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2014, 10:19:50 PM »
2:20.967 is my best time in the P4/5 so far (medium tyres).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2014, 10:25:18 PM »
The question is, what's Rob's time? ???
(he's the alien ;))

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2014, 10:56:26 PM »

I think the 458 GT2 seems quicker at Spa for many then the M3.

RSR has best lap in 458 2:13.6 with the M3 2:14.9 there is a much quicker lap in the 458 too but pretty sure thats a dodgy one.

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 11:40:17 PM »
Yeah I agree , 458 GT2 is abit faster in Spa , for me its much easier to get 2:15s than in M3 GT2. Still , both are pretty close together. Would like to see bit more 458s in grid since it seems too much M3 GT2s are there.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2014, 06:22:51 AM »
Yeah I agree , 458 GT2 is abit faster in Spa , for me its much easier to get 2:15s than in M3 GT2. Still , both are pretty close together. Would like to see bit more 458s in grid since it seems too much M3 GT2s are there.
I'm not tweaking the car selection track to track. People just have to make the most out of what car they get based on the car's average relative performances. If the car they get is slightly faster on any particular track one week, good luck for them.

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2014, 07:05:01 AM »
There is a fair chance I'll have to miss this round as well Wally but I won't know for sure until Monday.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2014, 07:45:05 AM »
There is a fair chance I'll have to miss this round as well Wally but I won't know for sure until Monday.
Bad luck GT. You need to resign, I tell ya.

With Bird's low aero setup, I got down to 2:19.4 on mediums.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2014, 11:03:30 AM »
I'm not tweaking the car selection track to track. People just have to make the most out of what car they get based on the car's average relative performances. If the car they get is slightly faster on any particular track one week, good luck for them.
I think its time to end the weekly car selection complain (I mean positive feedback).  There are limitations to the game, so lets just get on with racing and talking about lap times and setups etc.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2014, 11:22:40 AM »
I think its time to end the weekly car selection complain (I mean positive feedback).  There are limitations to the game, so lets just get on with racing and talking about lap times and setups etc.

The reason I mentioned the 458 is quicker then m3 is because people in the 599 were in them as they needed a faster car.  ;)

I tried some laps late last nite, think I will be a bit off with race pace with heavy fuel even my qualy pace isnt great lol. The pit lane penalty app is working quite well as when I had an off and lifted to not gain any time it wouldnt count as a penalty. Maybe it could be a little tighter but the way it is unless you gain time on a cut it wont be counted if you lose the car and need to run wide but lift off a bit to avoid gaining an advantage.

The only one  cut I got in about 17 laps was when I checked to see it was working and did a cut on purpose. I may need a few people to get drive throughs in the race otherwise I will likely be at the back of the field, at least there wont be any 599's to make this even worse.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2014, 02:45:47 PM »
Got down to 17.78 on super softs in the p4/5, but you really need to treat the tyres on the outlap carefully, otherwise they'll be useless halfway through the fast lap.  I guess a no-wing setup would give it a bit more, but for that to work the setup needs to be changed dramatically, I think.  I'll give that a miss.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:47:33 PM by Bird »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2014, 06:20:31 PM »
Sounds like it could be close between a few of us then Bird, Im a little off that but may be able to get there with an aggressive lap. I got down to 2:18.3 in the Evora GTC, Edwood is not far off my pace 2:18.7, Guybrush at 2:18.2 Aiman 2:18.5 in the GX.

Here is my qualy setup which took a bit of work to get pace and stability out of it, tried quite a few approaches with aero but ended up needing to just go quite low gaining .4 down the 2 straight with 0-2 wings as compared to slightly higher setups. Maybe if I can keep it on the track with even lower aero it can get into the 17's.

Having a look through RSR Rob on meds in the M3 GT2 is at 2:19.2 so 2 compounds lower he will be in the 17's. Matt Schmittez time in the 458 gt2 is 2:18.238 but in the m3 GT2 he is at 2:20.072 which kind of confirms my thought that the 458 is quite a bit easier to get pace out of and this is on most tracks. Maybe Wally put too much weight on the laptimes we posted as for some reason I couldnt get pace out of that car when I did my test laps. It may have simply been a spiking clutch pedal (had this happen quite a bit lately) as in most tracks the 458 is a bit quicker then the m3.

[Old attachment deleted by admin to free up space]

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2014, 07:08:31 PM »
I weighted the cars only by RSR world records set post-1.0 in the end.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2014, 12:31:36 AM »
I think handicap between me and Rob is working real well, had a great 9 lap battle on the practice server. I did a 2:17.7 in qualy then in the race pretty much was on it just as much all the way just maintaining a slight lead over Rob. We were both going as hard as we could lapping in the mid to low 2:19's in the second half of the race once fuel burned a bit, Only ended 1 lap short as Rob ran out of fuel.

Thats the kind of racing that makes me keep coming back, it wouldnt matter if its for first or last place its just awesome fun to race hard against other fast clean drivers both pushing as hard as possible.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal