Xtreme Gaming Network

S30R4 - Spa Enduro

Author Topic: S30R4 - Spa Enduro  (Read 9481 times)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
Re: S30R4 - Spa Enduro
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 09:22:21 PM »
Disappointed I couldn't make it, had the worst stomach bug just couldn't sit up for long without it causing issues... I actually practiced for this round too haha!

Was a shame as we had similar pace but probably made my 2nd place easier  ;D

Offline ab156

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2019, 10:25:08 AM »
I had a couple of braking incidents which caught out the guys behind me - I locked up at the end of Kemmel straight and just managed to turn in, which made Jeremy spin, and then again at the final chicane which caught AB out. Sorry if that was a bit messy.

I ran a long soft stint and then a short super soft stint, but in hindsight I should have done what most people did and run to equal super soft stints.

I finished the race fighting off a spirited attack from AB.

You played no part in my spin, other than being the target - no idea how I missed you.

Have been out of the seat for a bit but really enjoyed this, took a while to get up to speed and should have run the SS for both stints.  Had a fun last 6 laps hunting Wally, the individual strengths in various part of the track were interesting.  Unfortunately I had a bit of right foot fever onto the straight on the second last lap and had a lazy half spin which ruined a grandstand finish.

Good clean racing.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2019, 10:34:00 AM »
I almost didn't get a qually lap as I kept catching Doobs  ::) I dropped back a lot to try and get a lap but think I abandoned 3 laps before finally getting 2nd with about a minute to go.

Race wise there was no way I could do kcenders pace consistency and safely so I stuck to what felt like a safe pace to me in the 20s and tried to stay on track. Apart from lapping a few cars towards to end was a lonely race but fun all the same.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal