Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat

Author Topic: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat  (Read 30803 times)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
Re: S16R2: Barcelona GP Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2017, 06:27:13 PM »
Not sure if they will race the chicane or not but those sausage kerbs coming off a bike couldn't be too nice to go over with your butt.
They've built a new chicane for the bikes now, no one uses the old section anymore. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2017, 08:53:32 PM »

I didn't choose the version and simply linked to show the versions used in the real races there which was the admins reason for this version. I have no issues with chicane, the only way to overcome your issues with it is to take it on not avoid it.  ;)

http://xgn.com.au/index.php?topic=1835.msg35167#msg35167

;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2017, 09:02:23 PM »
Wally said "Carrera' Cup, not "Super" Cup. ;)
(I'm not the only one who doesn't read posts fully)

Ok here you go Carrera Cup France in Spain.  ;)

[youtube]lGIuXFjS6N0[/youtube]

Porsche Supercup is the top level in these cars, carrera cup is generally the lower levels below the FIA top tier supercup. Only bikes raced the moto layout but I think last years motogp had the chicane layout after there was a death on the moto section in a lower class. Not sure if they will race the chicane or not but those sausage kerbs coming off a bike couldn't be too nice to go over with your butt.

Nice video and good commentary. He says a few times how you have to be careful about picking up the throttle.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2017, 05:20:36 PM »
Did some practice races last night here and am amazed its actually harder to pass here then Paul Ricard was, not sure if its dirty air but getting into a good position against someone that doesnt make a mistake is quite an effort. Best chance is if someone royally stuffs the last chicane and you dont, its a tricky bugger though but does give the best real chance to make a pass by nailing that and getting a good run to t1.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 09:36:18 PM »
Joes practice server seems setup rather odd, 60 min practice, 15 min qualy and 32 lap race. Yet you dont even have time to finish a qualy lap as the session ends at 0 and from that point you seem to have less then 10 seconds to add fuel to go to the grid. A server with such long sessions to me seems fairly pointless trying to save time between the sessions by cutting this time down to the bare mimimum to the point where most wont even make the grid for a race that will last 1 hour.  ::)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2017, 09:38:49 PM »
I made it. 8)

2+2=√16

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2017, 09:39:10 PM »
Joes practice server seems setup rather odd, 60 min practice, 15 min qualy and 32 lap race. Yet you dont even have time to finish a qualy lap as the session ends at 0 and from that point you seem to have less then 10 seconds to add fuel to go to the grid. A server with such long sessions to me seems fairly pointless trying to save time between the sessions by cutting this time down to the bare mimimum to the point where most wont even make the grid for a race that will last 1 hour.  ::)
who cares about the race,  one race a week is enough in these
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2017, 09:40:27 PM »
I only ever intended doing 5-6 laps, to experience tyre warm up. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 10:02:08 PM »
who cares about the race,  one race a week is enough in these

Sorry I even mentioned anything.  ::)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2017, 08:41:47 AM »
hey phil ..do you like the pink floyd? 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2017, 11:21:14 AM »
yep, love pink floyd
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2017, 01:13:28 PM »

Having two practice servers is probably quite confusing. If you're allowing us to use your servers again maybe I'll just switch it back.

But yeah, no wait time was not intentional.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2017, 02:38:57 PM »

Having two practice servers is probably quite confusing. If you're allowing us to use your servers again maybe I'll just switch it back.

Dont think its all that confusing, mine is setup with tyre blankets, 100% grip, short qualy plus race mostly as Id rather race people then run longer sessions. Yours has full length sessions with no tyre blankets so people that want to do long runs can go in there and also test without tyre blankets. Its the way ROOZ run their league practice servers and works pretty well I think. A few guys have complained here when we were racing in the practice server so having a second server with the longer sessions isnt a bad thing.

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »

Dont think its all that confusing, mine is setup with tyre blankets, 100% grip, short qualy plus race mostly as Id rather race people then run longer sessions. Yours has full length sessions with no tyre blankets so people that want to do long runs can go in there and also test without tyre blankets. Its the way ROOZ run their league practice servers and works pretty well I think. A few guys have complained here when we were racing in the practice server so having a second server with the longer sessions isnt a bad thing.

https://youtu.be/Cv5uuhkS4j8?list=PLK9xj2KuBlHF76vWc4PxXBPFdFrR-Vj1n

One of my old time Pink Floyd songs,and album.......Ricordi indimenticabili,,.........indimenticabili!!!

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2017, 08:17:58 PM »
You are random Simone. ;)

2+2=√16

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal