Xtreme Gaming Network

FFB lut generator

Author Topic: FFB lut generator  (Read 17287 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: FFB lut generator
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »
Is this the .csv or the .lut file?
If I open the csv with excell I see nothing or if its the lut file what do I open that with?
Both files are just text files, that you can open with Notepad or any other text editor you might have. I plotted the graphs in Google Sheets (spread sheet). I opened the WheelCheck CSV, copied all the text, and pasted it into a new Google Sheets document. Click on the little icon that appears at the bottom of your selected data and choose 'Split text into columns'. Then you can select all of the numbers in the deltaXDeg column, and click the Insert Chart button on the toolbar. It will suggest a graph layout like my blue line, which is all you have to do if you want to check the basic shape of your wheel's graph.

If you got that far, I can tell you how to add the LUT line as well, although that's not really so interesting. It's just the mirror image around the diagonal of your wheel check graph.
The values I reduced where in my generated LUT file, in documents Assetto Corsa\cfg, which I had called Wally.lut. I reduced the first 3 bolded values:

0|0
0.02|0.050
0.04|0.115
0.06|0.185
0.08|0.258
0.1|0.276

This reduces the sudden "attack" in the generated post-processing, where minimal FFB signals are suddenly boosted very high.

PS. One thing I had to do with my T500 before running WheelCheck was put the Constant force setting in the TM profile to 100, to get a decent range of wheel rotation. Afterwards, I put it back to the previous value of 30.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 05:20:06 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline gawaterman

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2016, 06:24:55 PM »
Could someone post their original " ff_post_process.ini " file please.
Cant seem to get the feel I like and forgot to save the original.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 06:28:06 PM by gawaterman »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2016, 06:39:59 PM »
Could someone post their original " ff_post_process.ini " file please.
Cant seem to get the feel I like and forgot to save the original.
If you want to turn it all off, just set ENABLED=0. I haven't found the LUT useful for the T500, to be honest. The wheel is already quite linear.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal