Xtreme Gaming Network

S29R3: Anglesey

Author Topic: S29R3: Anglesey  (Read 17093 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S29R3: Anglesey
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2019, 06:18:08 PM »
Server's up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline rob

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2019, 06:57:25 PM »
Sorry Wally, will be MiA this round. Getting over the flu, but not quite up to racing tonight.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2019, 11:16:14 PM »
Results are up.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 07:41:05 AM »
Lots of good, close racing. I spent an age staring at the big boot of Hyundai's, mostly Bacchulum (who's always hard to pass) and Phil. I overtook most of them on the inside of the fast sweeper, when I could get a good run out of the entry without getting too close to the Hyundai in the corner. I set up a few nice criss-crosses on Simone's Nissan in the same corner, and on one occasion I was chasing Bacchulum's Hyundai when I saw Jarmel's Merc come flying up the inside. It looked to me like he was going to take Bacchulum out at that speed, so I just hung back wide, let physics take its course as Jarmel ran into Bacchulum, and took them both up the inside  8) Also had a near miss on the pit straight when Archer had had a spin and was sideways across the track. He was moving right so I guessed to pas on the left, but then he either rolled back or reversed, so I had a narrow miss with a swift dodge.

Race 2 was a bit up and down. I got a fairly good start early, but Phil spun at the tight kink and sent me off the track. I fought my way back up, but then I had an off at the same kink when I finally passed Bacchulum but my car got unweighted coming into the kink and speared off right into the little barrier at the top of the hill. Had to fight back again, so no wonder I was Busiest that race.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 10:00:55 AM »
Fastest Laps
Freezer   91.640
Joe   91.640

8) 8)

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 10:03:06 AM »
" so I just hung back wide, let physics take its course as Jarmel ran into Bacchulum"

Yeah sorry about that Bacchulum , felt a bit of a fool after that . What I think that went wrong was not braking soon enough :).
 If I had held the brakes when i started to turn in instead of lifting then might of got away with it , i'll check replay and see.

race 1,2,3  Got swamped at the start of every race , those damn velosters, lost about 6 places then fight back and end up in 8th or 7th .

Much happier this week , only had one major off when pushing really hard to catch the group in front , the rear tyres touched the grass on exit and flipped me around.  Was way more consistent this week  . Highlight was passing a group of three cars on the back straight threading the eye of the needle (Thanks car radar app).

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 10:21:52 AM »
Good fun, my first race in this series. I had only one option in car dealer. I'm glad there were others driving the veloster otherwise it would have been lonely at the back. The track was pretty tricky in the Hyundai and after a while was getting more confident in the corner entry slide it needs to get a good exit, feels like I needed a hand brake. Messed up a couple of slides though and braking too late at the end of race two. Thanks guys.
Edit; since I can only race Tuesdays once a month will my earnings (if any) carry over till then? Or...if not could I just drive the datto or what ever, so I'm not in the slowest car every round.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:30:03 AM by buellersdayoff »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 11:10:59 AM »
Good fun, my first race in this series. I had only one option in car dealer. I'm glad there were others driving the veloster otherwise it would have been lonely at the back. The track was pretty tricky in the Hyundai and after a while was getting more confident in the corner entry slide it needs to get a good exit, feels like I needed a hand brake. Messed up a couple of slides though and braking too late at the end of race two. Thanks guys.
Edit; since I can only race Tuesdays once a month will my earnings (if any) carry over till then? Or...if not could I just drive the datto or what ever, so I'm not in the slowest car every round.
It's a bit awkward, because you don't carry earnings into the next round, and everyone defaults back to the Veloster. I'd have to manually give people who miss a round enough cash to by the Nissan. I guess I can do that.

Offline Jarmel

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2019, 12:01:54 PM »
It's a bit awkward, because you don't carry earnings into the next round, and everyone defaults back to the Veloster. I'd have to manually give people who miss a round enough cash to by the Nissan. I guess I can do that.

or just drop the veloster alltogether :)

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2019, 12:09:29 PM »

Then you'll have to face the wrath of Phil. :o

2+2=√16

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2019, 12:09:46 PM »
Hey Wally, can I have the tires from the crash barriers fitted to my car? They were much sticker  ;D

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2019, 12:20:17 PM »

I second that - default to the datto :P its much more fun!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 12:28:10 PM »
Yeah, I could drop the Veloster. It's a bit too slow, really.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 12:43:10 PM »
Yeah, I could drop the Veloster. It's a bit too slow, really.

Weren't that slow in KCENDER's hands.  :o

Offline buellersdayoff

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 01:01:46 PM »
All good don't go changing it for me, take away the veloster and I'd still be stuck in the slowest car lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal