Xtreme Gaming Network

ACC pre-alpha game play footage

Author Topic: ACC pre-alpha game play footage  (Read 13079 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: ACC pre-alpha game play footage
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2018, 08:15:41 PM »
Here's another interesting write up, from Minolin who attended. Not so much about the game itself, but the people and drivers he met. Quite an interesting read.
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/so-this-is-the-month-we-see-it.49816/page-21#post-977044
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2018, 11:12:11 PM »
Interesting write up, Sounds good, Just cant get excited due to the content, I have not driven 90% of the cars in AC, so I just know if I get this I will play for a day or 2 and that will be it

Yeah, I know what you mean.  The GT cars are a very "safe" point and shoot car without much character compared to the others.  I think they are popular because amateurs feel like they can drive something quickly without getting in too much trouble.

Part of the fun in driving something stupidly over powered and under gripped like earlier F1 cars or something that lurches around because it wasn't really designed as a race car first, like a big BMW, is taming the beast.

I'm more interested in following how ACC pans out in the hope of what it could mean for a full blown AC2.  I just wonder whether releasing one make series is a lot easier and more profitable rather than having to adjust models for many different cars with each update and fight the threat of legal action for various un licensed mods being released, etc.

However, if Kunus were planning in releasing many different one make series games you would think they would include the name of the series in the title to avoid confusion for consumers...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2018, 07:23:22 AM »
I think it's good to develop a game focussed on one real life series. AC had no real purpose or direction, and not many different compatible cars that could really compete with other. Focusing on one series lets them model fewer cars better, and implement the rules of that series more completely (think rolling starts and driver swaps). It can be much more of a racing simulator rather than a driving simulator.

I hope that ACC gives the company a good cash injection that lets them continue to move onto better things. Maybe the next thing in the pipeline is another single series sim. I bet Stefano would be drooling at the opportunity to make an F1 game.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal