Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun Run December 13 WEC at Paul Ricard 2x 30 minute races

Author Topic: Fun Run December 13 WEC at Paul Ricard 2x 30 minute races  (Read 18163 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fun Run December 13 WEC at Paul Ricard 2x 30 minute races
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 10:48:05 AM »
ok downloading,i did not see the packs 2 and 3,i thought i had  them already.I was talking to BJ last night and he was telling me how good those porsches packs were...ok thx guys

....and yes,,,i got some rain recently ..huge relief and a big help   :-* :-* :-*

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 11:23:42 AM »
Simone there is a Porsche season pass which gives all 3 a little cheaper and it also auto downloads each pack as it gets released. PP3 is out later this month only pp1 and pp2 have been released so far.

Also good to hear its been raining, must be pretty tough repying so much on the weather. You should move to Melbourne as we get all seasons most days so whatever weather you want you will get at some point most days.  ;D

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 11:35:44 AM »
Yes thx for the infos Marty i purchased pack 2 and 3 and i noticed pack 3 will be unlock in  in 9 days,too many cars now!!
Yes unfortunately i am farming and i strongly rely on the whether,being good or bad,is frustrating to say the least,it can make you a man or destroy you.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 09:29:31 PM »
Hang in there Simone, don't worry, we know you're a man. ;) :)

2+2=√16

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 11:13:54 PM »
Yes thx for the infos Marty i purchased pack 2 and 3 and i noticed pack 3 will be unlock in  in 9 days,too many cars now!!
Yes unfortunately i am farming and i strongly rely on the whether,being good or bad,is frustrating to say the least,it can make you a man or destroy you.
To late for Simone, but don't forget you can purchase all 3 together for less . .

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2016, 06:37:15 PM »
Race server is up, penalties are off so please use PLP for track limits and try to stay on track.   ;)

Server has the regular xgn password.

Offline keithsgillan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2016, 08:00:10 PM »
I won't be able to make the first race unfortunately but I might make the second :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2016, 08:27:15 PM »
I won't be able to make the first race unfortunately but I might make the second :)

Race 2 qualy should be about 9:15-9:20 and a 20 minute session.

Offline Shameless_1

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2016, 10:50:51 PM »
What a race.

Race 1- I did a faster lap in prac than in qual by a second, as usual.. 2nd tuesday in a row that's happened to me.  I got a good start and kept up for a while, managed to swap positions with some of the ferraris battling in front of me and then caught up to Seanus in his vette. Couldn't get past him down the straight but managed to get right up alongside in the corners and bump some panels and get through as he struggled with throttle out of a few corners.

Race 2- adjusted the rear toe and that helped my cornering and surprisingly my tyres lasted longer.  I did a PB of 201.079 which is slow compared to most of you but I was happy with that for a joystick that atm is not centering and the car wants to drive left slightly...  I was behind ley ying lo, I was 10th.. but got too close and went off trying to avoid hitting him. Ended up last and got faster and faster to my surprise and managed to catch him and pass him to make up for my mistake.

--- A quitter never races and a Racer never quits. ---

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2016, 11:02:05 PM »
Some results, stracker doesnt do multiclass so the results in the link below are overall.

http://52.65.162.16:50041/championship?event_id=10

Race 1 Podiums

LMP1
Marty
Phil
Kcender

GT
UnfknBlievable
Mael
RussG

Race 2
LMP1
Kcender
Phil.8
Mael

GT
Marty
Robin
Shameless

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2016, 11:11:14 PM »
Was a bit of fun tonight even though its a smaller then usual turnout but thats kind of expected in fun runs and this time of year.

Race 1 was fun as I knew Phil was quick in the 919, I tried to stay ahead and save as much battery as possible to defend against all his kers inspired attacks. This worked well and in the end I went to charge mode with manual kers to use as much energy as needed in all the key areas that he could have attacked. We stayed pretty close all race and it seemed I had overall more luck in the traffic then he did. This let me get a bit more of a gap and save more energy for the end of the race to defend any attacks he may have thrown at me.

Race 2 I went for the GT cars, I was going to get the BMW but half way through qualy I saw there werent any corvettes. In practice I was quicker in that so I decided to not set a qualifying time and try my luck from the back in the c7. Lap 1 I was fairly cautious but still managed to get into the lead pack. This was a bit of fun even if it felt like going for a casual Sunday drive after the 919, I had a bit of fun picking off the top 3 1 by one but then Glen had a few sideways issues giving me the lead. I then extended the gap a bit until a few laps to the end I had a brain berp and spun it. This got me close to the pack again and a couple laps later I got rear ended by a proto car but seems all the others had issues too. 3 laps to go I also saw that I was .3 of a lap short on fuel so I spent the last few laps coasting home to the line. I ran out of fuel about 50m from the line but lucky I noticed I was short early enough or I would never have made the line.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
How well do you think it would work as a season, compared to the ducktail/911 & DTM classes?
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2016, 08:31:23 AM »
Here is a short video of race 1 battling to stay ahead of phil and getting through the gt cars.  ;D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2016, 08:38:23 AM »
How well do you think it would work as a season, compared to the ducktail/911 & DTM classes?

I think it may be more popular as a season, but I would wait until after the toyota and audi lmp1 cars are released. Mostly as gt cars are probably more popular then the dtm cars. The modern lmp cars also offer something fairly different in the racing.

The older cars are also fun to race though but id favour modern mostly as gt2/e cars were close to being the top season in a few polls. This way they can be added to a mixed class season to give us something different.

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2016, 10:05:51 AM »
was a lot of fun, the 919 could be boring just hot lapping, but racing it is awesome with the strategy
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal