Xtreme Gaming Network

S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC race chat

Author Topic: S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC race chat  (Read 26871 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: S16R1: Paul Ricard WTCC race chat
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »
Wally....i read that you brake approaching t5?  Wrong!!   I mean thats why probably you r loising time there.I "lift" a bit and go into it,i still have the 5th gear"just" i do not feel confy putting 6th before t5 eventhough it goes out of revs at times.
Cant wait to kick your ass wally....i am loving this car AC did a great job!!!!  Meh   also cant wait to kick the ass of bird too....joe...and many others.Also i think i am getting closer to some of the untouchable smart asses here on xgn...one word for these untouchables........BEWARE OF THE DOGS!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 08:44:15 AM by Simone »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2017, 08:49:49 AM »
Che palle che mi fate venire,fra te e marty siete dei pallosi pazzeschi. Ma non avete niente da fare che parlare di questo giochino dalla mattina alla.sera???.......capre!!!  ANDATE A LAVORARE....

That sucks you do me, between you and marty you of pallosi crazy. But you have nothing to do but talk about this game from morning alla.sera goats ....... ??? !!! GO TO WORK....

[Deleted by Mod - not in the spirit of friendly forum banter]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:21:10 AM by Wally »

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2017, 08:56:11 AM »
Che palle che mi fate venire,fra te e marty siete dei pallosi pazzeschi. Ma non avete niente da fare che parlare di questo giochino dalla mattina alla.sera???.......capre!!!  ANDATE A LAVORARE....

That sucks you do me, between you and marty you of pallosi crazy. But you have nothing to do but talk about this game from morning alla.sera goats ....... ??? !!! GO TO WORK....

--Deleted by mod--

LOL are you for real Marty
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:21:53 AM by Wally »
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2017, 09:46:55 AM »
somebody is a bit cranky on monday mornings...

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2017, 09:49:29 AM »
As me ol' mate Skip Barber once told me, the most important corner is the the one that leads onto the longest straight. The second most important corner is the one that leads onto the second longest straight. etc. etc.

The two main straights here seem about the same length to me, but I do love the chicane when you get it right, then getting quick through T5 really does make up a heap of time.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2017, 10:24:45 AM »
pallosi ?
It's a... colourful way to say "boring."

This post might also serve to clarify that I have read Simone's post earlier this morning, but simply chose to ignore it. I don't mind and I don't care, and I can figure it out it's just a joke and take it. Unlike Marty I am a bit more cold-blooded and I prefer not to give a crap, but it does not mean I like it so much either. In Marty's defense I need to say that he's clearly being pointed out all too often. Fair enough: he overreacted most of those times and Phil is probably right, but I can understand him and after a while even the most cold-blooded people would react.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2017, 11:13:13 AM »

--Deleted by mod--

LOL are you for real Marty

Seeing this is Simones contributions in the other thread, sure one post here and there is fine but simply coming to the forum to piss on any discussions every single time. Surely if someone has no interest in any discussions they can just stay out of them yet the only posts people have issues with are mine.  ::)

Marty is BACK!  ;D

who gives the shit   ;D

You guys make it so complicated no jokes. Just lets race and forget about.ABattle for 24th position is just as good as a battle for 1st,getting a bit annoyed  over how to deal and make the faster driver slow or whatever........a question......are you guys smoking crack cocaine? ??? ???

You guys make it so complicated no jokes. Just lets race and forget about.ABattle for 24th position is just as good as a battle for 1st,getting a bit annoyed  over how to deal and make the faster driver slow or whatever........a question......are you guys smoking crack cocaine? ??? ???

I think either have all cars as close as possible in performance so everyone has a reasonable chance in any car or if there are a few considerably quicker then the others its not likely anyone will chose those unless they are simply given to the slightly slower guys to help them get a bit closer. Get a slower guy in a slower guy vs a faster guy in the faster car and the difference in laptimes at Spa will be more then 7 seconds per lap.  ;) Why would the slower guy then chose to give an extra 3 or 4 seconds per lap start to the guys that are already quicker. If the faster guys chose a slower car then anyone they would normally race that choses one of the 3 faster ones they will be at least 2 seconds per lap slower so again what incentive is there to chose any of the 5 slowest cars even if they are all very close if the other 3 give you 2 seconds per lap advantage?

Sure you can run a single make series but having varied cars that are close in performance but doing it a bit differently is kind of the main point of such a series and 5 of these cars are like this as are the top 3 but all 8 combined are almost like 2 classes.

Like I said earlier its an issue for many for me to come here and make suggestions or discuss racing etc, yet no issue coming here simply to be an ahole as Simone does most often is perfectly fine.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 11:22:37 AM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2017, 11:23:42 AM »
I've cleaned this thread up a bit. Keep it all in the spirit of friendly banter please. If you don't like someone's style, PM them and talk it out in private. This is a stress free place to have some fun.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2017, 11:34:59 AM »
Wally....i read that you brake approaching t5?  Wrong!!   I mean thats why probably you r loising time there.I "lift" a bit and go into it,i still have the 5th gear"just" i do not feel confy putting 6th before t5 eventhough it goes out of revs at times.

I got a bit closer to Marty's lap time by barely braking into T5 (if at all), and entering much wider which closes up the big speed differential I had there before, but Marty still carries more speed through the next few turns. I'm still 2 seconds off the pace!

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2017, 11:42:38 AM »
I've cleaned this thread up a bit. Keep it all in the spirit of friendly banter please. If you don't like someone's style, PM them and talk it out in private. This is a stress free place to have some fun.

No worries me being on cocaine, saying who gives a shit, writing that crap in italian to continue on the same friendly banter is fine  ;D

Stress free means he can say anything to me without issues, no stress to Simone at least as hes just doing friendly banter that very rarely has anything to do with any thread he posts in. That is unless he simply comes in to try stop any discussions on the actual topic or the game with which this forum I thought was meant to be discussing.

Regarding lap times and lines Id like to offer some ideas but it will only encourage more "friendly banter" and possibly my posts will just be removed as discussing such things may offend Simone and others.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2017, 11:48:30 AM »

I got a bit closer to Marty's lap time by barely braking into T5 (if at all), and entering much wider which closes up the big speed differential I had there before, but Marty still carries more speed through the next few turns. I'm still 2 seconds off the pace!

I hate 6/7 and 8. I have no consistency there, no real brake markers and it's usually where I make or break a lap. For my faster laps on the 6/7 double apex I found the best way seemed to be braking a bit earlier and hitting the first apex in 4th, then drifting out a bit wide, downshift to third without braking to line up 7 then floor it and try and keep the back end in check. That lining up of 7 and getting it right to go through full throttle is tough.

8 is just nasty as the side pillar blocks the apex. Sometimes I go out a bit wider so I can line up and floor it, sometimes I keep it tighter and feather the throttle a little to line up before flooring it. Haven't quite figured out the best approach yet. I think it's probably better to loose a bit of time going out wide so you can get on the throttle and carry more speed into the next turn.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2017, 11:51:25 AM »

I hate 6/7 and 8. I have no consistency there, no real brake markers and it's usually where I make or break a lap. For my faster laps on the 6/7 double apex I found the best way seemed to be braking a bit earlier and hitting the first apex in 4th, then drifting out a bit wide, downshift to third without braking to line up 7 then floor it and try and keep the back end in check. That lining up of 7 and getting it right to go through full throttle is tough.

8 is just nasty as the side pillar blocks the apex. Sometimes I go out a bit wider so I can line up and floor it, sometimes I keep it tighter and feather the throttle a little to line up before flooring it. Haven't quite figured out the best approach yet. I think it's probably better to loose a bit of time going out wide so you can get on the throttle and carry more speed into the next turn.

who gives the shit     ;D

That sucks you do me, between you and Grat you of pallosi crazy. But you have nothing to do but talk about this game from morning alla.sera goats .......  !!! GO TO WORK....

a question......are you guys smoking crack cocaine? ??? ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 12:05:34 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2017, 12:56:31 PM »
I always thought Marty and Simone were really the same person :)

Those big black bollards are going to claim a few victims. Turn 2 through to the chicane needs some decent commitment to getting close to the bollards to carry good speed through there, and they don't move if you hit them!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2017, 12:57:12 PM »
You're right Marty. I'm guessing a lot of the reason here for me not carrying anywhere near as much speed through most turns is because I'm not hitting the apex. Funny that turns 6 to 10 are the ones I feel like I'm not doing well, but it seems from this like most of the time I'm losing is actually through 1 to 6.

The biggest speed discrepancy there, as with my laps, is T5. I'd focus on improving that. The advice earlier is to start the turn way to the left of track (almost off track).

Its clearly just that one corner so keep focusing on that, what I said earlier was clearly BS and why I deleted it as surely what would I know.  ???
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 01:04:18 PM by marty »

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2017, 01:51:59 PM »
Those big black bollards are going to claim a few victims. Turn 2 through to the chicane needs some decent commitment to getting close to the bollards to carry good speed through there, and they don't move if you hit them!

The latter part of the track is killing my laptimes, the last corner I find especially fustrating. As for the bollards after extensive testing I can without doubt state that they are made out of reinforced concrete. Will be leaving a bit of a margin of error during the race  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal