Xtreme Gaming Network

S8R2: Zandvoort post-race chat

Author Topic: S8R2: Zandvoort post-race chat  (Read 14552 times)

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
Re: S8R2: Zandvoort post-race chat
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2015, 03:14:18 PM »
but GB said he erased them all...  :-X

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2015, 03:15:00 PM »
Marty: the second youtube video does not work to me (it says it's "private," so I guess it is probably you naked... but maybe it has to do with assetto corsa somehow).

Wally: perhaps we could suggest that contacts in the first 2 corners are not expected to be redressed if this means losing multiple positions. It is a bit too much in some cases.

Yes, that's a fair point. I'd be happy with a rule like that: no redress required in the opening corners, because you're going to get a points penalty anyway. Redress expected after that.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2015, 03:23:17 PM »
Marty: the second youtube video does not work to me (it says it's "private," so I guess it is probably you naked... but maybe it has to do with assetto corsa somehow).

Wally: perhaps we could suggest that contacts in the first 2 corners are not expected to be redressed if this means losing multiple positions. It is a bit too much in some cases.

Yes, that's a fair point. I'd be happy with a rule like that: no redress required in the opening corners, because you're going to get a points penalty anyway. Redress expected after that.
I like that. I almost ran into Marty as he was trying to redress his position - not used to marty slowing down :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2015, 03:38:56 PM »
Ive removed the privates, redressing was a bit tricky as I tried to stay out of the way but Jeremy would have been pointing the wrong way at the other side of the track and I was trying to keep out of the way on the outside. Good effort for the field to then get past without further contact as the other 2 collisions I had during the race was both times others crashing in front of me leaving me nowhere to go. I think one of them with maybe freezer spinning involved at least 2 other cars and we were all fairly close with the track completely blocked ahead of me.

Still not sure if its exactly careless driving no my part but the decision really doesn't matter more to try and learn from next time. I normally always try to avoid contact and had ran side by side with GB and others through that section many times in practice but there wasn't much overlap so Jeremy may have thought he was clear which is the only reason he changed lanes.

More a shame that it took both of us out of the battle up front but did make for an interesting race from there and I liked Jeremy with his 2 stop strategy, my plan to pit as early as possible and run the last 10 laps on hards was a pretty big fail in comparison.

Offline grat

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2015, 03:59:54 PM »
To be fair: it seems just an unlucky crash. Jeremy clearly did not expect you there, and you clearly did not expect Jeremy to think it was all over just because you were behind him on the left-hand bend. I also think---as I said last night---that it looks like you expected Jeremy to actually take that corner faster, which is sensible as he probably had to take it pretty slow as I was not in perfect shape there. Morally I do not think anybody was careless in any sense. Just unlucky.

That said, probably Wally was consistent with what typically happens in real life. At least in F1. They call it "careless" but it actually means "your front wheel was behind his rear, so that's it." I am not sure this is the best way to judge between friends. But I guess it is reasonable. Marty: you know more about GT classes. What would have they done there?

Offline Phil

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »
Thanks all for the great races. Wally I think you went a bit easy on me and probably could have done the overtake one lap before but thanks for being gentle. :)

Sorry to Marty for smashing into him. As I was exiting the corner I got onto the power way too early and caused the car to spin.

My goal for the night was not to finish last and both races I managed to stay ahead of last but only by a bit.

I had some close battles with a few people and really enjoyed the night. I'll be back for more!

Offline imperious

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2015, 05:34:14 PM »
Thanks for letting me know I was warping last night Wally. I checked my supposed 100MB Optus via
Speedtest and it was around 3-5MB which is pathetic.
In future I'll just check before the race night, if it's rubbish I will post that I won't turn up. It's a shame ISI didn't
license out their netcode to Kunos as it seems to handle large fields and lower internet speeds a lot better.

Optus are right up there with Dodo as far as crap internet goes.

I have other issues with this mod, for some reason the car keeps jumping, a bit like hitting a large stone here and there on the track,
but with no shock absorption of it. I don't get this on Thursday nights or in any other game.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal