Xtreme Gaming Network

Season 10 Track Downloads

Author Topic: Season 10 Track Downloads  (Read 13526 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Season 10 Track Downloads
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:16:02 AM »
We'll be using OSRW modded track layouts (from the AC forums) to allow up to 32 drivers in each race. They don't change the original tracks, they just add an extra layout that has more pit boxes. But RSR times, PBs etc will be recorded against these new layouts.

I've bundled them all up in THIS DOWNLOAD. Unzip it into your Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsafolder.

This also means that there will be no reserves - everyone can race!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 05:39:00 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Rolz

Re: Season 10 Track Downloads
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 10:50:28 AM »
Nice one Wally!!  ;D

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 11:15:38 AM »
Hey Wally, do we over write the existing track folders?
Previous modded tracks were prefixed XGN_Nurburg etc keeping the original track......

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 11:28:15 AM »
It doesn't over write anything Freezer. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 12:08:31 PM »
Hey Wally, do we over write the existing track folders?
Previous modded tracks were prefixed XGN_Nurburg etc keeping the original track......
It just adds an extra layout, so the original track is untouched.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2016, 02:36:48 PM »
Do these all work properly with checksums and all, there were issues with the original Zandvoort layout. It would be nice to have rounds at the tracks we dont run often too such as Zandvoort, Magione and Vallelunga. The season could actually run 1 round at all official tracks which would be pretty cool I think.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2016, 03:10:08 PM »
It doesn't over write anything Freezer. ;)
Yes, on closer inspection of the folder contents I see what you mean. . . thanks!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 03:15:44 PM »
Do these all work properly with checksums and all, there were issues with the original Zandvoort layout. It would be nice to have rounds at the tracks we dont run often too such as Zandvoort, Magione and Vallelunga. The season could actually run 1 round at all official tracks which would be pretty cool I think.
Yes, they will. The extra layouts have the same surface.ini as the original track. The early Zandvoort he did just had a file name error, where he had an extra character in a file name.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
I ran a Silverstone server ok. I just manually put in the config track in the config ini.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2016, 01:21:30 PM »
Here is the basic track surfaces.ini needed for the server. You could actually just upload the entire package as is to the server too but this is a much smaller file and wont add un needed files to it.

Edit by Wally: Note this is only for the SERVER. Regular players just need the track pack in the first post.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2016, 06:27:11 PM by Wally »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2016, 01:46:59 PM »
I always just edit the files manually anyway, as they don't really change that much for league nights, and manually upload the few surface.inis to the server at the start of the season (or when they're updated).

I reckon the server should be able to handle it  without breaking a sweat, but for sure we'll have to monitor it. With dropouts etc, I don't really think we'll often have more than 24.

And yes, we'll use the ”smaller” tracks in future too, for sure.

Rolz

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2016, 03:20:05 PM »
oh I'm a bit lost following what to do for S10 and extra cars...  :o

I would probably suggest once Marty has done his testing (which I'm very grateful for) maybe some clear steps at the start of this post?

;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2016, 04:14:37 PM »
Have all the tracks with more pit boxes had the grid spots extended and located as well?  I could imagine 32 cars at Magione would be winding back around the last two corners!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2016, 04:22:45 PM »
Have all the tracks with more pit boxes had the grid spots extended and located as well?  I could imagine 32 cars at Magione would be winding back around the last two corners!

This is quite common at many tracks, Bathursts grid winds all the way around the corner for large grids. GT races are usually rolling starts too so this isnt as much of an issue unless the safety car forgets to pit in like this. :)

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2016, 05:24:46 PM »
Great work again thanks Wally.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal