Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R2: Imola Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R2: Imola Post-Race Chat  (Read 16620 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R2: Imola Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 11:15:18 AM »
You'll be pleased to know I've set the kick quorum to 101, so no more kicking!
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 01:23:45 PM »
Rolz was very aggressive off the line

I don't know a "Rolz", I am familiar with "Toilet-Man" though:

Look.  He is even pretending to hold his extra-large steering wheel.

Rolz

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 01:26:17 PM »
hahaha :)

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 10:52:34 PM »
And don't worry about the vote Stan, at least we now know that nobody likes me  :'(  :P

Ha ha!! Yeah ain't that the truth!!  ;D
I was as pissed off as everyone else when it got voted through let alone put up in the first place. As if I've got time for the jokings when I'm doing the racings!! Me concentratings!!

I had another schweet night in the goaty mo beal!! Spent both races having an excellent duel with Matthew. Race 1, I tried my best to pressure him into an error, but he wouldn't budge and he got 2nd and I got 3rd.

Race 2, very similar to race 1. Got to the same point in the race, I pitted on lap 8 and Matthew pitted a lap later as we had in race 1. I'm coming down the straight and sure enough, there's Matthew coming out of the pits right on queue. But this time, I managed to get by him!! (I did put a little bit of goaty grease on his wheel guns after race 1...)
Then he had a little mistake which was all Bird needed to step up to the fight. After they got that sorted, Matthew started gaining on me and by the last lap or two, he was back on my rear bumper. Managed to hold him off and got 2nd this time and he got 3rd.

Brilliant nights racing, loved it!!

Doing the goats proud in my absence as always Stanley! Maaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! Of the course the little dude was awake all evening on race night meaning I couldn't join, but this evening has been asleep since about 7pm!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2016, 08:22:10 AM »
And don't worry about the vote Stan, at least we now know that nobody likes me  :'(  :P

Ha ha!! Yeah ain't that the truth!!  ;D
I was as pissed off as everyone else when it got voted through let alone put up in the first place. As if I've got time for the jokings when I'm doing the racings!! Me concentratings!!

I had another schweet night in the goaty mo beal!! Spent both races having an excellent duel with Matthew. Race 1, I tried my best to pressure him into an error, but he wouldn't budge and he got 2nd and I got 3rd.

Race 2, very similar to race 1. Got to the same point in the race, I pitted on lap 8 and Matthew pitted a lap later as we had in race 1. I'm coming down the straight and sure enough, there's Matthew coming out of the pits right on queue. But this time, I managed to get by him!! (I did put a little bit of goaty grease on his wheel guns after race 1...)
Then he had a little mistake which was all Bird needed to step up to the fight. After they got that sorted, Matthew started gaining on me and by the last lap or two, he was back on my rear bumper. Managed to hold him off and got 2nd this time and he got 3rd.

Brilliant nights racing, loved it!!

Doing the goats proud in my absence as always Stanley! Maaaaaaaahhhhhh!!!!!! Of the course the little dude was awake all evening on race night meaning I couldn't join, but this evening has been asleep since about 7pm!

Next Tuesday, kepp him awake all day ;)
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2016, 11:19:43 AM »
I'd be interested in feedback on this incident at Imola this week. I'm in the BMW Z4. I thought I had left sufficient room. In the replay the 2 cars are Car 1 and Car 17.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2291185/imola%20car%201%2617%20incident

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2016, 12:25:35 PM »
I'd be interested in feedback on this incident at Imola this week. I'm in the BMW Z4. I thought I had left sufficient room. In the replay the 2 cars are Car 1 and Car 17.

What race and lap number was that Gratulin?  I saved a replay of Race 1 so won't have to d/l if that was the race.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2016, 12:34:35 PM »

What race and lap number was that Gratulin?  I saved a replay of Race 1 so won't have to d/l if that was the race.
Race 1 after most pitstops. It was just after pit exit.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2016, 01:04:39 PM »
I downloaded your replay Gratulin but couldn't get it to play for some reason, I then searched via results for the lap you had contact and found it in my own replay.

The way id call the incident is a racing incident, you did leave just enough room but Jeremy has very slightly understeered which made him make contact, this then rotated your car back into his. This pushes his car onto the grass and from there he would be unlikely to slow for the corner which caused him to come back and hit you as your braking.

Video with a few angles but its still uploading and may take 30 mins or so til its fully up.

The incident could have been avoided if Jeremy had lifted slightly to avoid running wide but he may have expected you to also go a bit wider from the apex. Also the outside car did have plenty of track to the right so could have given more room to give the inside car some margin for error though you were entitled to that line as it left a car width inside for the inside car to use and you weren't tightening the line prior to contact its the inside car that only marginally pushed outside that caused the initial contact.

If you squeeze someone to the point they have no margin for error such incidents can very easily happen and its not through careless driving by either driver as the error on Jeremy's part is only a matter of centimetres when you still had meters to the outside that if used would quite likely have avoided the collision entirely.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:18:04 PM by marty »

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2016, 01:33:31 PM »
Techincally the car on the inside is at fault. However I can't remember if there is much understeer normally in that corner/bend or not?  If so, the car on the outside didn't leave much room and actually tightened toward the inside of the corner slightly from being on a more conventional line toward the outside of the corner which the inside car probably didn't expect and this increased the liklihood of an accident.  This is why it's more of a racing incident IMO.

The follow-up shunt is simply a consequence of what happened during the initial contact.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 01:37:17 PM by Guybrush Threepwood »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 01:50:48 PM »
Thanks. Yes I thought it was a racing incident. Not at time, mind you, since I didn't realise Jeremy had gone off onto the grass so wondered how he ended up hitting me in the rear.

The thing I got from your feedback was to be careful with the angle through the apex of the corner and on exit of the corner if there is a car on the inside.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 02:43:04 PM »
Yeah, IMO it's mostly the inside car's fault, but there wasn't much room (over half the track was taken up by the outside car), so a small mistake could trigger this.  I.e. both cars could have positioned themselves farther towards the edge of the track to prevent this accident.   

Edit: officially the overtake needs to be the more careful one, but that does not mean the other party can't prevent it.  But it would have meant giving the position up - at least for the entry into the chicane.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:46:01 PM by Bird »

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 03:19:35 PM »
That raises another question for me. I was keeping to the left of the pit exit line. Isn't that what you are meant to do?

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 03:20:22 PM »
That raises another question for me. I was keeping to the left of the pit exit line. Isn't that what you are meant to do?
No, it's to keep the people coming out of the pits on the side of the road, only.
But this explains a lot :)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 06:22:50 PM »
For me, that falls into that ”poor side visibility” problem in sims. Jeremy was entitled to take a crack there, but then once side by side, it's very difficult to see the other car. Perhaps the outside car, still slightly in front, could have used Helicorsa to have a little more awareness of the inside car and left a little racing room.

Thanks for putting the video up Marty.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal