Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 18419 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« on: February 16, 2016, 08:27:18 PM »
RACE RESULTS
SEASON STANDINGS

Phil.8 didn't do his second pit stop before the end of lap 23 (pitted on the end of lap 24). Now in the black and white letter of the rules, I said this would be a DQ, but I'm sure Phil wouldn't be too happy about that, so I gave him the finish points for one lower position (-10 pts).

Round Points

NameQualLap 14EndTotal
Guybrush Threepwood
Marty
Phil.8
Matthew111
Bird
Freezer
StanDaam
Bacchulum
Wally
Simone
Jeremy
Rolz
Mael
Bafs17
Gratulin
christopheraser
Rob
Doobs
Flattop
AJ
Dave O
Chap111
Season Podium
1. Guybrush, 495
2. Marty, 382
3. StanDaam, 311

Achilles Heels has a commanding lead over TKO Racing in the team standings.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:33:37 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
Re: S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 10:09:49 PM »
Thanks GB and Marty for telling me to slow down and be smoother
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 10:13:46 PM »
Good to get in a longer race, not much more I could have done GB had me covered easily and I never got close enough to strike. He went Hard, Medium, Hard but I wasnt too sure about the mediums over even 9 laps so just went 3 hard runs where I was only .3 down on his quickest lap but I am pretty sure he was tyres saving all race.

I stuffed up my first stint with points after lap 14 but only having 14 laps of fuel so I lost a spot there to Bird and some points as my pit spot was a few meters behind the start line.

Thanks all was clean all around me all race and I kind of hung on to Guy for most of the race but Im sure If I gained much more on him hed have just pushed the loud pedal a little harder.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 10:16:57 PM »
Well, as you might have heard over TS...I am pretty darn pissed with myself.

I had a hard-medium-medium 15/8/11 lap strategy.  I was running 2nd at lap 14, 3rd afterwards, pretty darn happy with everything.
But somehow I've mis-calculated the fuel usage.  I've been lenient with the fuel and still it did not work out.   So I was looking at the tank sitting at 16L and I had 3 laps to go...fuck that.   I've frantically moused around to set a 4th config up in the pitting app to put in 10L of fuel.
Stopped on the last lap with 3 drops in the tank, but the pit window only flashed up for a sec....ok I thought this isn't right, went back and forth, thinking that what Wally mentioned about the app occasionally not working correctly, just happened.  After going back and forth again and again, stopping every time, I had an epiphany and looked at the fuel gauge....it was sitting at over 30L.   Yes, every time I've stopped it has filled in 10L in a blink of an eye.

I was kinda pissed, have I told you guys?

I've realised what happened...I've messed up my calc, and used ~1L/lap less to calculate the required fuel for stints 2 & 3 (I've worked out the fuel for the first stint earlier, but stupid me, I did not do the 2nd & 3rd).  I've pitted early the 2nd time - which I did not realise - and put in fuel, that wouldn't have been really enough for 11 laps, let alone 12. 

I had a fairly boring race otherwise, early on we had some real racing, but afterwards it was really only lapping alone, Guy & Marty far in the distance.

Bugger it.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 10:19:38 PM by Bird »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 10:41:11 PM »
First post updated with results.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 10:42:16 PM »
Think I got you beaten Bird.

Managed a setup that were super-light on tires so decided to do the first 14 laps till the first point allocation. Saw Marty pit on lap 14 so assumed the points were awarded at the start of the lap, then heard Marty mentioning he had to stop for fuel  :o

Oh well, was well positioned on fresher tires than my competitors. But somehow i lost 2 to 3 seconds a lap after the stop! Realized only after a couple of laps the pit-app (new version just installed before the race) did not change tires and i was lapping with grip levels of 90% on very well used mediums.

It was too far out to go for only 1 more stop so had to go for a 3 stop strategy which would not have been so bad if not for all the laps ran on ruined tires before realizing my mistake  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2016, 10:51:17 PM »
Hmmm, that was actually my worst round, points-wise. I went the TKO team strategy, of 15 laps on hards, to get some lap 14 points, and that worked out OK, with me ending lap 14 in 6th, as other people had pitted earlier. Bird was 3rd, so strategy-wise, that got the team some good lap 14 points (60 pts in total). then I did 8 laps on mediums and the final 11 laps on mediums.

But I got slammed by a Jeremy warp. In slo-mo in the replay, I could see his car was well ahead of me on the track. He started to sink through the track, then was in space, then teleported to the pits, then rubber-banded back to his original spot on track, slamming into my car en route, knocking me off the track and into a wall. That cost me about 5 places and 20 seconds, which was disappointing.

All in all, I thought it was very interesting to come up with a pit strategy for the conditions, and to make the most of the lap 14 points.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2016, 10:54:50 PM »
Well I was 6/10th up on my final qualy lap and looking at around 4th or 5th when I slipped wide on one of the final corners and buggered the lap. Anyhow, started then from 11th.
First couple of laps were excellent with lots of very clean side by side racing until things sorted out. I then followed Wally for a bunch of laps and then started getting close but locked a brake taking a shallow line on one of the corners then snapped wide into the path of Stan (sorry).
We got going and from there just kept it clean.  Ran hard's each stint basically just splitting the race into thirds and got home 5th.

Funny point system with myself getting pipped by Bird on points who finished 5 positions behind me!!
I must admit I had given any thought to the mid race points thing though.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2016, 10:57:03 PM »
Funny point system with myself getting pipped by Bird on points who finished 5 positions behind me!!
Yeah, it's what they do in the long rounds in the Aussie GT3s, to spice up the pit stop strategy a bit. It wasn't a secret - it was well advertised :)

Offline Phil.8

• RestrictedRacing
  • Δ8
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2016, 10:59:04 PM »
oops I had it in my head it had to be after lap after lap 6 and after 23    If you have to DQ me that's fine, my stuff up.  I still did my best race probably ever and will probably be a while before I can repeat that effort :8  so even if I do get a DQ :) I don.t mind :)
The sun is the same in a relative way but you're older

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2016, 11:03:04 PM »
oops I had it in my head it had to be after lap after lap 6 and after 23    If you have to DQ me that's fine, my stuff up.  I still did my best race probably ever and will probably be a while before I can repeat that effort :8  so even if I do get a DQ :) I don.t mind :)
Nah, it feels t0o harsh after racing for an hour!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:17 PM »
Yeah, it's what they do in the long rounds in the Aussie GT3s, to spice up the pit stop strategy a bit. It wasn't a secret - it was well advertised :)
I probably did read it some time ago, but was focused on the 6/23 rule... dooh!

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2016, 11:07:35 PM »
Stats are really impressive this round showing each drivers pit stops and how much fuel and what tires. Nice!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »

It does add to it a bit doesnt help when you stuff up your fuel calculation and end up .2 of a lap short needing to stop on lap 14. I had hoped my pitbox was after the line as I had a fair gap to Bird at the time. My pitbox was actually only 1m from the line so I maybe could have crossed then backed up but I would have ended up losing more time to Guy and I though the 1 lap earlier stop may undercut and have a chance of passing him. I think had I stopped 2 laps earlier and maybe sacrificed just the points to Bird I could have got a jump on him with an undercut. Not sure if I would have stayed ahead though but may have spiced the race up a little more.

It did seem the best strategy was stopping on lap 15 and 23 but seems the guys that went the mediums all got off them a little earlier as they turned to poo before lap 23.

Stats are really impressive this round showing each drivers pit stops and how much fuel and what tires. Nice!

Except it doesnt show the fuel everyone added each stop, I added fuel both stops but it doesnt show me adding any.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2016, 11:17:13 PM »
Except it doesnt show the fuel everyone added each stop, I added fuel both stops but it doesnt show me adding any.
It show my fuel, and few others but not all.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal