Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat  (Read 18418 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R4: Mugello Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2016, 11:19:30 PM »
Except it doesnt show the fuel everyone added each stop, I added fuel both stops but it doesnt show me adding any.

Yeah, there's something funny going on there. It only shows fuel added for some people:

Line 30033: CHAT [christopheraser]: PLP: Added 70 litres|christopheraser
    Line 30654: CHAT [Freezer]: PLP: Added 75 litres|Freezer
    Line 30906: CHAT [Gratulin]: PLP: Added 63 litres|Gratulin
    Line 31778: CHAT [Bafs17]: PLP: Added 72 litres|Bafs17
    Line 31987: CHAT [Rob]: PLP: Added 90 litres|Rob
    Line 33350: CHAT [Mael]: PLP: Added 80 litres|Mael
    Line 34082: CHAT [Guybrush Threepwood]: PLP: Added 41 litres|Guybrush Threepwood
    Line 34543: CHAT [Wally]: PLP: Added 117 litres|Wally
    Line 39776: CHAT [Matthew111]: PLP: Added 95 litres|Matthew111
    Line 40514: CHAT [Freezer]: PLP: Added 75 litres|Freezer
    Line 40852: CHAT [Gratulin]: PLP: Added 62 litres|Gratulin
    Line 41651: CHAT [Simone]: PLP: Added 40 litres|Simone
    Line 41657: CHAT [Wally]: PLP: Added 25 litres|Wally

I wonder if it makes a difference if you are or are not using the PitConfig app? How much fuel did you add Marty? Fill it up, or some lesser amount (not that it should make any difference).
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2016, 11:25:46 PM »

It does add to it a bit doesnt help when you stuff up your fuel calculation and end up .2 of a lap short needing to stop on lap 14. I had hoped my pitbox was after the line as I had a fair gap to Bird at the time....

It seems you've actually succeeded - I'm 3rd at lap 14 :)
Lucky you!  But also well deserved - you were much faster...

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2016, 11:37:23 PM »
I adjusted the PLP app in its ini to add=0

;Set "FUEL / add" to "1" to ADD the fuel to the amount already in the tank or set to "0" to fill the tank up to the amount selected on the app.
;UI Size example: Set "UI / sizemultiplier" to "1.2" in order to increase UI size in 20% (min: 1.0, max: 3.0)

[FUEL]
add = 0

This was so I would only top up to the needed amount for my next planned stint. I set it to 60 for the middle stint + new hard tyres and 75I think for the final stint + hard tyres.

Looking through the list its about half the people have only got a fuel addition during this race but I would assume most would have added fuel each stint. After all if you change tyres then you may as well add fuel while they are changing tyres.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2016, 11:39:49 PM »
Made a terrible late judgement call on strategy and went with a full tank and mediums from the start, then managed to have a big moment towards the end of lap 1 or 2 which torched my left rear tyre. Spent the next few laps trying to get it to cool down but it never quite recovered. Changed to hards on lap 10 with no fuel addition but was still struggling with the large amount of fuel in the tank and by the time I pitted the 2nd time on lap 21 to change tyres again and add another 70 odd litres of fuel, the rest of my race was just trying to stay out of the way of people coming past. I think the only times I managed to get in front of a few people were during pitstops and when they made mistakes, can't remember being behind another car for anything more than a few seconds after they lapped me.

That said, I enjoyed the experience of the longer race; adding the strategy element makes it into a completely different ball game! Look forward to more of that.

From the sounds I was hearing on Teamspeak it sounded like it was a relatively clean and well run race with not too many incidents between racers which was good to hear.

Well done all, and thanks again Wally for your efforts in organising these shenanigans!

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2016, 11:41:07 PM »

It does add to it a bit doesnt help when you stuff up your fuel calculation and end up .2 of a lap short needing to stop on lap 14. I had hoped my pitbox was after the line as I had a fair gap to Bird at the time....

Maybe my pitbox was just ahead of where it registers the lap, I did see the big sign ahead of me as I stopped and also saw me go from 2nd to 3rd while stopped so I assumed I lost those points but seems I got lucky there.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2016, 11:43:36 PM »

;Set "FUEL / add" to "1" to ADD the fuel to the amount already in the tank or set to "0" to fill the tank up to the amount selected on the app.
;UI Size example: Set "UI / sizemultiplier" to "1.2" in order to increase UI size in 20% (min: 1.0, max: 3.0)

[FUEL]
add = 0

This was so I would only top up to the needed amount for my next planned stint. I set it to 60 for the middle stint + new hard tyres and 75I think for the final stint + hard tyres.

Looking through the list its about half the people have only got a fuel addition during this race but I would assume most would have added fuel each stint. After all if you change tyres then you may as well add fuel while they are changing tyres.
Strange, because that's exactly what I had done too. There is a bit of AC nonsense where it can start the pit stop without properly registering that you're in your pit box - maybe that's buggering up the fuel detection sometimes.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2016, 11:46:42 PM »

Maybe my pitbox was just ahead of where it registers the lap, I did see the big sign ahead of me as I stopped and also saw me go from 2nd to 3rd while stopped so I assumed I lost those points but seems I got lucky there.

Could that possibly be the reason that Phil seems to have pitted on lap 24 rather than 23? He did qualify towards the front, meaning his box would be towards the front of the pit lane?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2016, 11:52:11 PM »

Could that possibly be the reason that Phil seems to have pitted on lap 24 rather than 23? He did qualify towards the front, meaning his box would be towards the front of the pit lane?
No, I actually record the lap on which you enter the pits, so it's the same for everyone regardless of where your pit box is.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2016, 11:52:53 PM »
Ah OK, makes sense. I figured it would be something that would have been thought of before :)

Rolz

« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2016, 09:12:11 AM »
Q1 - was stoked to put down a good time with track grip not at optimal

Enjoyed last night was overall happy with how I went - except with the brain fart around lap 31

I was out too far and the PLP picked me up on it... I tried to slow down enough so I wouldn't be pinged (would have gotten 10sec penalty otherwise) but couldn't control it coming back onto track and watched a few drivers pass me as I was on the kitty-litter.

Should have finished 6-7th but ened up in 10th  :-[

The Neighbors I'm sure heard me swear :P

[youtube]2n14t7ybrDM[/youtube]

Was stoked to get into the high 1:52's on hards... didn't think I'd ever manage that!

;D

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2016, 10:20:39 AM »

[FUEL]
add = 0

This was so I would only top up to the needed amount for my next planned stint.

Ahhh this is what I need!!
I way over estimated fuel and it was hurting my head trying to work out how much fuel I would have in the tank in 3 laps time and how much I would have to add at the last stop to get home...  ???

My race was pretty good, had some up n down moments, all part of the drama of a long race.
I too forgot about the lap 14 points. Started on my meds, hoping to get some track position before the race settled down. This worked well till about lap 8 then it was time to pit. Came out of the pits into some traffic, some tight racing with Freezer n Wally. After some good battling (all good Freezer  :D), I pitted on about lap 22 for the stint home. I think it was Matthew that was in his pit bay when I entered the pits, which was right in front of my pit box. So I stuffed up landing in my bay, reversed a couple of times before I got in. Came out and settled in to a good fight with Jeremy (a pity bout a few lag spikes Jeremy, but they seem to settle down later in the race, you haven't got any wifi in the equation?). Good racing here and eventually got passed him but couldn't hunt down Bacchulum towards the end.

Enjoyed the longer race, good stuff.  :P

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2016, 10:43:08 AM »
yeah totally forgot about the lap 14 post too...  :-\

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2016, 10:54:48 AM »
yeah totally forgot about the lap 14 post too...  :-\
you predicted you would be happy with a top ten, well done!
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2016, 10:55:40 AM »
Happy with my night's effort, while not quite as exciting a race as some had, I had forgotten it was an hour race! did some offline practice but only sprints, so I too had to do some last minute mental arithmetic for fuel and tyres.
Glad I only use mediums for the short intermediate stop, they went to jelly pretty quickly with my understeering driving! Not bingles and only a couple of offs, but better still I at least did my PB on the last stint on hard tyres, (and between cut track laps :) ).
Great organisation AGAIN Wally, thanks.  Thanks to the lapping cars too.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Rolz

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2016, 11:19:49 AM »
you predicted you would be happy with a top ten, well done!

Thanks Bruce! Yes I certainly am happy :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal