Xtreme Gaming Network

S10R7: Spa Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S10R7: Spa Post-Race Chat  (Read 19165 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S10R7: Spa Post-Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2016, 04:43:40 PM »
Started out this race fantastic!
Best qualify ever of 11th with fastest time on the night.
No incidents and did not interfere with anyone's race - yay!
Then - ran out of fuel somehow. I am thinking on qual as I do the outlap it doesn't calculate fuel usage correct to race pace. I am sure I matched the fuel to laps and ran out about lap 10.

You have to be very careful with the fuel usage the game reports. It can be very wrong in MP. It's best to get a feel for the fuel usage offline, remembering that online it's going to be 2.5 x fuel next week at Barcelona.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2016, 05:37:51 PM »
I struggled for pace in this combo all along, possibly due to the random pedal spikes as I at times put in a reasonable lap then would struggle to match that for no explainable reasons. I didnt do much practice but ran a couple laps in the prac server before the race nite an put in a reasonable lap on softs but then for reasons I couldnt understand was losing 1 to 2 seconds per lap with better track conditions.

Qualy I was well off pace and well down on my delta, was trying to squeeze pace out over driving and went invalid on all my soft laps so qualified mid pack. Race 1 still struggling for pace I had a reasonable race just making up a few positions but was well off my practice times.

Race 2 I tried some changes to the setup and this just made the car more understeery early and so I made cuts on exits as the car understeered much more then it had before. I was on 3 cuts after 2 laps then my issue became clear as the throttle started to really spike and I was way down on power. At this point I had a few behind and gaining quick with Paul and Freezer, I was randomly losing power but still running a normal line so must have been a bit frustrating for them. I considered pitting early but doing that last week was a pretty big fail at the end and so decided to hang around. Eventually being the slow car ahead I got a nudge from Paul that sent me off track and also gave me a 10 second penalty so I was quite clos to just calling it a day.

I stayed out and just churned out crappy laps to the end barely needing 6th gear due to the pedal really dying on me as the race went on. I didnt really want to take apart the pedals so just added a deadzone before the race but seems that wasnt enough. Still was kind of fun mid pack but got rather frustrating with the random power loss that got worse and worse as the nite went on.

Congrats to the Winners and those around me that did quite well not to hit me more often as it cant be easy following a car that may randomly lose power at any point during a lap.

Ah, now you feel my pain of days gone!  Seriously, just swap the clutch and throttle over.  Get some pointy nose pliers and you're good to go!

Good to see you didn't rage quite Marty.  It takes some fortitude to hang in there after both a throttle issue and being tapped off.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »
besides being 15seconds slower, I just couldn't keep going, even race one.... at least I didn't get in the way :)
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2016, 06:44:08 PM »
Qualy: Was very happy with my lap for pole couldnt get any more out of it, made up for my nurburg qual lol

Race1: I find it hard getting the lambo off the line so i lost the drag into t1 to gb and slotted in behind him, I felt pretty comfortable with the car and decided to be patient behind gb in the early laps but then he pitted early and must of got a good outlap on the fresh rubber and came out 5 secs ahead of me which i wasnt planning on lol so i pushed like mad with phil on my tail to close the gap but just didnt have enough laps to catch gb. Was a great pressure race worked up quite a sweat, well done gb :)

Race2: Forgot about the lambos launching difficulties and bogged it badly so i was on the defence straight away and had phil grab me into t1 but i managed to get him back down the long straight to claim 2nd back and saw gb had bolted amoungst all that. For whatever reason the car didnt feel as sharp so the first stint i couldnt touch gb especially while trying to keep phil at bay. Pitted a lap earlier than last time to get some kind of undercut for myself lol but made things difficult at the back end of the race with my tyres feeling it and then having to fend off phil with a lot of understeer for the last 3 laps lol made for a great finish once again :)
do you even motorsports?

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2016, 07:30:40 PM »
Not a very good night but i would be a liar if i would tell you i did not have fun.These day i work a lot in the field,in the sun,in the rain,in the wind,mosquitos,march flies your friends,all this shared with 4 french fooocking back packers....hard yakka!!
.........ahahahahahahahahha actually can`t remember the race very well,i only remember bird completely foook me from behind approaching les combes S.......fuck you bird!!!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D I love you Istvan,see you next week!!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:10 PM »
LOL, you're beautiful Simone.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2016, 08:01:01 PM »
Ah, now you feel my pain of days gone!  Seriously, just swap the clutch and throttle over.  Get some pointy nose pliers and you're good to go!

Good to see you didn't rage quite Marty.  It takes some fortitude to hang in there after both a throttle issue and being tapped off.

I did have a look at the pedals in the control setup and seems that both the throttle and clutch are spiking, I had a deadzone that should have covered the throttle spike range but clutch was spiking at random so this would be more like a random clutch slip and so not sure if changing clutch to throttle will fix my issues.

I tend to mostly drive H-pattern cars outside of the league stuff and so probably use clutch more then I do the brake, I will give the pots a clean and ensure enough deadzone is on both pedals. This kind of explains why I was losing speed but it didnt really seem like throttle spiking as probably most of it was clutch related.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2016, 08:26:44 PM »
Best write up ever Simone!!! 😀
My night was pretty good. Had some tight racing with Wally in race 1. Then had a good battle with Paul n Freezer in race 2. Good times!!!  :P

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2016, 08:28:29 PM »

I did have a look at the pedals in the control setup and seems that both the throttle and clutch are spiking, I had a deadzone that should have covered the throttle spike range but clutch was spiking at random so this would be more like a random clutch slip and so not sure if changing clutch to throttle will fix my issues.

I tend to mostly drive H-pattern cars outside of the league stuff and so probably use clutch more then I do the brake, I will give the pots a clean and ensure enough deadzone is on both pedals. This kind of explains why I was losing speed but it didnt really seem like throttle spiking as probably most of it was clutch related.

Gumtree - this wheel is in the box and supposedly used only a few times $200 (its at Ryde)
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/ryde/other-electronics-computers/logitech-g27-racing-steering-wheel-excellent-condition-/1104847099
I grabbed a similar g27 when my old g25 was spiking like yours.  best money I've spent.

Offline Gratulin

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2016, 08:46:47 PM »

...shared with 4 french fooocking back packers...
My head is spinning with all the WRONG imagery...how am I going to sleep tonight....

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2016, 08:50:16 PM »
shared with 4 french fooocking back packers....hard yakka!!completely foook me from behind

Not sure what goes on at the farm, or what happened in your race.  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal