Xtreme Gaming Network

S11R5: Nurburgring Sprint (GT) post-race chat

Author Topic: S11R5: Nurburgring Sprint (GT) post-race chat  (Read 19221 times)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: S11R5: Nurburgring Sprint (GT) post-race chat
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2016, 08:35:06 PM »
Then into the hairpin Mael likely has no idea Phil is inside Grat and is only leaving room for Grat

The Realtime app is handy for this sort of thing. If you only see one car just in front of you, but the Realtime app is listing one car 0.4 seconds ahead and another 0.5 seconds ahead, then you know there is another one that you can't see...

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2016, 10:53:38 PM »
Then into the hairpin Mael likely has no idea Phil is inside Grat and is only leaving room for Grat

The Realtime app is handy for this sort of thing. If you only see one car just in front of you, but the Realtime app is listing one car 0.4 seconds ahead and another 0.5 seconds ahead, then you know there is another one that you can't see...
Not to mention Helicorsa.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 08:38:00 AM »
Not too sure if I should be commenting here, although I am probably the driver who is most involved in "overtakes" :)
I try to drive it like I own it, rather than stolen it.
(I have made plenty of mistakes though.)
Sorry for problems, I too fall into the "pain/pain killer fades".
Learnt how to defend better on the next reverse grid, great discussions, thanks.
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2016, 10:09:56 AM »
Here is a full replay of race 3, I experimented with the action cam app but to me the resuts were a bit weird. It would just keep skippng through cars fairly quick as the racing is rather close through the field. Sometimes it would skip every few seconds and with the AC replay system as it is you dont even know whos car your in what lap or position its in so its fairly awkward.

In the end I just did my onboard and overhead with the tv cam being the static for the full race. This shows how close the pack actually is especially the first half of the lap it pretty much shows all cars. Also lap 1 it shows Bafs warping out a bit and this may also have been a contributing factor in the race 1 bingle as you can see his car act a bit weird as it slides. He must have given Bacchulum a fair fright there lap 1 as he went off the road only to re appear 1mm from his front bumper.

It was a fun race even though I needed at least 1 more lap to get a reasonable look at passing Grat, it was quite tough passing quite a few guys so I was surprised to end up so close on the last lap still.

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2016, 10:12:22 AM »
Not too sure if I should be commenting here, although I am probably the driver who is most involved in "overtakes" :)
Learnt how to defend better on the next reverse grid, great discussions, thanks.

Bruce, you do fine mate. You were doing a great job in race one until the knucklehead following you made a terrible judgement error and destroyed your race. Sorry again. I wouldn't mind copping a penalty for that either Wally. I screwed Bruce's race.

Other than my race one case of Stupid, I had the best meet I've done since NkPro. Had some good racing with Dion, Stan and pretty much the whole group. It was a pleasure to race beside Marty, Dave into the last chicane. Given my lack of overall pace they showed great patience in passing.

Darren

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2016, 10:24:44 AM »

Bruce youve always been a pleasure to pass.  ;D You dont donate the position away which is great as unless your being lapped you dont have to and thats kind of the main point of this format.

We shouldnt expect people to act like they have blue flags and its up to the guys trying to pass to find a way to get by cleanly. There really isnt anyonenin the field I am too worried about running beside or close to, sure mistakes happen by everyone but there clearly isnt anyone Ive seen blatantly running people off the road.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2016, 11:19:11 AM »
As I said earlier, fantastic discussion, a lot of learnings for me, the videos are fantastic, thanks Marty et el.
"Meticulous Marty", your lines are spot on, I have only watched one lap, so far, great, thanks.

Doobs, all okay, part of racing, my manager had no problems with the damage costs! :)

"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2016, 11:39:51 AM »
Here is a full replay of race 3, I experimented with the action cam app but to me the resuts were a bit weird. It would just keep skippng through cars fairly quick as the racing is rather close through the field. Sometimes it would skip every few seconds and with the AC replay system as it is you dont even know whos car your in what lap or position its in so its fairly awkward.

God these races are good. I reckon they're some of the best we've ever hard, in terms of action. The reverse grid format probably only works so well here because the cars are so slow and predictable. Anything faster, and we'd be up for more carnage.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline doobs

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2016, 12:09:24 PM »
Doobs, all okay, part of racing, my manager had no problems with the damage costs! :)

Thanks Bruce, but I still maintain it was a case of the Stupid.  :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2016, 03:43:31 PM »
quote]God these races are good. I reckon they're some of the best we've ever hard, in terms of action. The reverse grid format probably only works so well here because the cars are so slow and predictable. Anything faster, and we'd be up for more carnage.

I think in general a car that desnt get too badly hurt with damage is a better option, but the racing in even very hard to drive cars like the 72d vs 312t has been great and srarting at the back is no different really. The proto and DTM cars I dont think youd really want any reverse grids in especially not putting the slow cars at the front but coukd donthe odd race reversing bith classes. Trickier cars its actually just a bit easier to pass as the slower guys are more likely to make mistakes where in these slower abs cars the driving isnt so hard but the racing is with way less regular mistakes by others making passing anyone quite a challenge.

Ive loved the reverse grid season but even many real race series have a revers grid race in a 3 race weekend. I think even GP2 had them last year and as long as drivers are aware of others and have reasonable control reverse grids can work in anything.

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2016, 07:24:56 PM »

Not to mention Helicorsa.

Of course!

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2016, 12:53:22 PM »
Was a really fun round for me a few rubs here and there but good fun especially race 1 was one of the best races i have done lol very rewarding !
do you even motorsports?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal