Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat  (Read 18310 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat
« on: August 02, 2016, 11:34:54 PM »
We're off to Japan, to Tsukuba. 3 x 18 laps on the Long circuit. This track will need the OSRW mod over the top of it to give the track extra pit boxes.

TRACK DOWNLOAD (includes the OSRW pit mod)

Weather Forecast (looking like 32 degrees and clear).

With no qualifying, Race 1 will start at 8:30pm eastern.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahKOqEE4cJA[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:31:49 PM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S13R2: Tsukuba Race Chat
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2016, 02:14:51 PM »
I dont have the track yet but will get it soon. Should I put the OSRW version on the prac server or just the regular mod track. Is the OSRW available easily through RD for example so others not in the league may be able to get the track. I  the end mod tracks dont get much external use outside of league races inan AB minorating sefver anyway so probably may ust be best to run the extended to ensure people that yet into the prac server will have no issues on the next race nite.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 02:44:17 PM »
I dont have the track yet but will get it soon. Should I put the OSRW version on the prac server or just the regular mod track. Is the OSRW available easily through RD for example so others not in the league may be able to get the track. I  the end mod tracks dont get much external use outside of league races inan AB minorating sefver anyway so probably may ust be best to run the extended to ensure people that yet into the prac server will have no issues on the next race nite.
The OSRW mod for this mod track is not widely available. I reckon put the OSRW mod on, so people can make sure they have the right version.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2016, 03:29:05 PM »
Just to clarify do people need to download both the original track and the OSRW mod, the OSRW mod is 100,910KB and the link from RD is 102,145KB while OSRW mods have generally been fairly small so this is a little confusing. I am getting both and installing the original then OSRW on top but with those sizes it seems as if the OSRW link could also include the original but then being a little smaller makes this unlikely.

On the RD link it says

The Tsukuba Circuit is a motorsport race track located in Shimotsuma, a neighboring city of Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan. It is 2.045 kilometres (1.271 mi) long, has 32 pits

So if the original has 32 pits do we really need an OSRW mod with less then 32 entrants?

Also the OSRW link is a separate track install which should mean you dont need the original version at all, its running in its own folder.

edit again, seems that is a typo in RD as in server launcher it shows the track only has 22 pits.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 03:36:15 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2016, 04:15:05 PM »
I think you need to add the OSRW mod on top. I guess he packaged the pit mod incorrectly and included the original track file again,  when he didn't need to -  the big kn5 file.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2016, 04:18:07 PM »
I tried using just the OSRW as it contained everything but wouldn't work. Had to install into the default track folder. Works now.

Offline Bacchulum

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »
I had this issue when I only installed the OSRW.
Can't find track.
Install both. ;)

2+2=√16

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2016, 05:16:27 PM »
So did you guys install the OSRW mod inside the original tsakuba package? I havent ran the track but it came up in acserver manager so the track is put up this way. If anyone can try and see if they can get into the server as I cant atm and will be out tonight, if the track needs to be repackaged then I may need to change the server setup.

I think it may be a better option if thats the case for someone to repackage the track into a single download and upload it, I can see this causing issues next Tuesday for a few that dont run a practice lap otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:18:16 PM by marty »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2016, 05:29:05 PM »
So did you guys install the OSRW mod inside the original tsakuba package? I havent ran the track but it came up in acserver manager so the track is put up this way. If anyone can try and see if they can get into the server as I cant atm and will be out tonight, if the track needs to be repackaged then I may need to change the server setup.

I think it may be a better option if thats the case for someone to repackage the track into a single download and upload it, I can see this causing issues next Tuesday for a few that dont run a practice lap otherwise.

Yes, a repackage will be good. I might get to it.

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2016, 05:40:11 PM »
Yep, shows up as content I don't have online.

**EDIT**
Ok, if you have the OSRW track in separate it doesn't work in single player, only if you combine the folders. However it doesn't show in multiplayer. When I put the OSRW in standalone with both folders also combined it works in both..... joined the server no probs. ::)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 05:49:01 PM by slideways »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 05:44:29 PM »
It's a fun little track this one.  I suspect the racing will be fairly close.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2016, 05:48:32 PM »
Yep, shows up as content I don't have online.

Ive put the OSRW track inside the original and redid the server cfg and uploaded the track data, it should now work.  ::) I also assume its the long version not short we are running as its just mentioned as Tsukuba.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
Re: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2016, 06:28:03 PM »
OK, I uploaded a combined track download in the first post. It's not really necessary, as for all the OSRW mods, you install the track first, then the OSRW mod. This was no different.

And yes, it's the long circuit (updated post title).

I also added a reminder to the first post: With no qualifying, Race 1 will start at 8:30pm eastern.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 06:32:19 PM by Wally »

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2016, 07:38:29 PM »
I downloaded the combo pack but it doesn't seem as though the practice server has the same track.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2016, 08:42:27 PM »
I downloaded the combo pack but it doesn't seem as though the practice server has the same track.
I'll leave that up to Marty to check.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal