Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat  (Read 18284 times)

Offline marty

• View Profile
Re: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2016, 11:15:32 PM »
I downloaded the combo pack but it doesn't seem as though the practice server has the same track.
I'll leave that up to Marty to check.

I downloaded the link from the first post and it didn't work with the old downloads, I deleted all the old Tsukuba tracks from my install and put in the new link. Updated the server and got in ok, there were a couple that set laps earlier on the old version so they got in somehow. Seems now people may need to re-download the track from the first post in this thread to ensure they can get in. Probably best to also delete any older version you have before that.

Offline trackmeister

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 06:07:56 PM »
That worked, thanks!

I downloaded the combo pack but it doesn't seem as though the practice server has the same track.
I'll leave that up to Marty to check.

I downloaded the link from the first post and it didn't work with the old downloads, I deleted all the old Tsukuba tracks from my install and put in the new link. Updated the server and got in ok, there were a couple that set laps earlier on the old version so they got in somehow. Seems now people may need to re-download the track from the first post in this thread to ensure they can get in. Probably best to also delete any older version you have before that.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 08:53:47 PM »
Should be an interesting track, passing any cars will be very hard at least in the skyline that is but it seems the track suits it fairly well. Top speed is lower then where it runs out of grunt vs the faster cars below 180kmh. Mostly slow tight corners which again are the forte of the gtr but I think racing will be silly close as long as people give room, in a big pack there will be a fair bit of passing as in Modena but 1 on 1 its not easy at all.

I did find a landmine on the race surface entering the last turn about 100m away, seems like a hole in the mesh I hit this with all 4 wheels inside the white line and the right side launched into the air and spun the car. Its a good layout but I dont think the greatest overall track in terms of quality but hopefully that's the only spot. I will make a small video of the spot as people will need to try avoid that or it can be the

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 09:24:30 PM by marty »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 11:21:10 PM »
Here is a real Jap pack battle at Tsukuba

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2016, 11:44:13 AM »
That hole is one to watch out for!

That real life video is awesome :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 11:48:29 AM by Wally »
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2016, 12:31:27 PM »
I was just thinking the other day that racing these cars at Tsukuba this is gonna be like being in a Best Motoring video :D

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2016, 01:33:46 PM »
They are good videos, maybe we can edit up a race video in best motoring style after the round. Anyone speak Japanese?  ;D I assume they are using street tyres but then this track looks close but could easily be a little out producing faster lap times. On street tyres I think Id be pretty close to the times they set in the videos but on Semi slicks its about 3 seconds faster.

Racing should be fun but if people ahead dont take each other ahead out it will be hard to break into the top 15 I think here. In a large pack passing may be more likely but people will really need to be aware of other cars around them. Everyone will need lots of patience in traffic and its possible you could be stuck behind 1 slower car all race even if it went 12 hrs.

Anyone taking the real wide line on entry leaves the apex open so if someone gets inside they will need to leave racing room and try to avoid turning into people.  The last 2 turns especially Ive had a few taps with people as they swing wide I take the apex then they still go for what they lost by going wide.

If you watch any best motoring video you will also see the last turn they pretty much always hold the tight line which I think is quicker but at the very least its not slower the the one many take swinging out wide then diving back inside late. This is really the only passing opportunity at this track so thise going wide are just inviting people in.

I think if the inside car holds the tight line and leaves racing room on the exit if still side by side then the outside car also needs to leave racing room at the apex while there is overlap. If people dont then it will likely cause quite a few collisions there.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2016, 04:38:09 PM »
I want to repeat Marty's point:

Racing should be fun but if people ahead dont take each other ahead out it will be hard to break into the top 15 I think here. In a large pack passing may be more likely but people will really need to be aware of other cars around them. Everyone will need lots of patience in traffic and its possible you could be stuck behind 1 slower car all race even if it went 12 hrs.

This is a fairly tight track, with cars mostly single file. People starting from further back will have to be careful to attempt clean passes, not push passes, at this track in particular.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • "Look out, I'm comin' through!"
    • View Profile
    • Delray and Buttonmania
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2016, 08:39:17 AM »
man, that is a great film! what a race, they were loving it, I do like the come-upance of the NSU driver...
"I refuse to be what you call normal." Lemmy Caution

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2016, 08:51:28 AM »
Reckon they've all been racing together a fair bit. Everyone looked comfortable in traffic, no incidents to speak of. Excellent race. A race on street tyres...now that could be fun.... ;D

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2016, 10:48:06 AM »
Doriftoooooo!

Rolz

« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2016, 02:55:52 PM »
I'm out this week.

Can't learn 2 new tracks in a week and be any good at any of them.
(Race a Monday league race)

Should be ok with Brands next week

Good racing all! :)

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2016, 03:54:08 PM »
I'm out this week.

Can't learn 2 new tracks in a week and be any good at any of them.
(Race a Monday league race)

Should be ok with Brands next week

Good racing all! :)

You did 1 lap on the prac server so it probably takes more then that :) its really not that hard a track to learn its only a few corners. If you jump on when a few are in the prac server you can pick it up following someone within maybe 10 to 15 minutes. A lap is only 1 minute there so you get around fairly quick and see all the corners in no time.

The only real corners are 1, 5, 7, 10 & 12 so thats 5 corners. 1 is a fairly basic slow corner brake and get into 2nd then power out through the kink and brake for another 2nd gear hairpin. T7 is just a small lift on entry then flat through 8 and brake into 10 another 2nd gear hairpin. The only real tricky corner is t12 which is a small brake then coast a little into a tight line wait til you see the inside curb and somewhere close to that go full powers and lap is done. Repeat for 15-30 minutes and you will master the track try race some guys in traffic on the prac server and you will learn it even quicker just by following them.

Racing will be fairly close here with a tricky place to pass but should provide some fun racing as people battle for position in a large pack, but its definatly not a tricky track by any stretch which also makes it harder to pass as everyone will be likely fairly close for pace. If you simply hit apexes and not overdrive it then it wont be hard to learn.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 05:09:40 PM by marty »

Offline slideways

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2016, 04:26:04 PM »
I found it a very easy track to learn. Hardest track to pass at that I've raced for ages though. Very much need the race brain turned on here.  ;)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 05:28:59 PM »
Yes, if you jump onto the practice session even on the night, it doesn't take long to learn these tracks. It's not exactly the Nordschleife ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal