Xtreme Gaming Network

S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat

Author Topic: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat  (Read 18143 times)

Offline AJ

• View Profile
Re: S13R2: Tsukuba Long Race Chat
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2016, 06:02:47 PM »
Flat through 8!? How?

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2016, 06:05:35 PM »
Nevermind I think I'm going through 7 too fast and having to brake for 8.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2016, 06:30:52 PM »
Nevermind I think I'm going through 7 too fast and having to brake for 8.

Yes if you go too fast through 7 then run wide your compromising 8. You can actually go quite wide still use the full track on exit of 7 then keep the car moving a little to the right before 8 where you should be able to run flat through this corner even from the middle of the track. Take a bit of the left apex curb and then running out onto the exit curb outside but staying on the track. If you go off the track at exit of 7 you will then either have to lift significantly to make 8 or end up wide at 8, in the grass maybe even the wall. Your tyres also get dirty when off track so this will effect braking into t10 which is a critical corner for lap time as its followed by the fastest section of track.

Most of the corners here are faily long so you cant go full throttle too early, aim for the apexes then wait for the moment you can go full throttle. You dont want to have to lift late into the exit because your either running wide with understeer in the gtr or loose on throttle in the rwd cars.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2016, 12:41:12 AM »
Here are just a few laps in the prac server tonight with Phil, Freezer and Humper.

Should get interesting with a bigger field and if most try and keep it clean it could be quite enjoyable for all. Sure everyone will make mistakes as I even looped freezer tonight going too deep into the hairpin but all will need to try to be aware of the cars around them. Dont get scared away from a battle have fun but just try leave some racing room and try to stay in reasonable control to avoid causing too much carnage.  ;)

Offline Bafs17

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2016, 06:06:13 PM »
Sorry again Wally. I've come down with the flu and not up to racing tonight.  :(

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2016, 06:17:51 PM »
Bad luck Bafs, get better.

Server's up. It's hot and sunny at Tsukuba with temperatures of 30, 35 and 36.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2016, 07:39:27 PM »
I'm kinda sick but will see how I go. If I disappear at some stage you now know why.

Offline Joe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2016, 07:57:30 PM »
Mini me is still crawling around causing chaos so looking unlikely I'll make tonight. Shame as I was looking forward to holding Marty up and letting Phil through! Go Goats!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal