Xtreme Gaming Network

S4R3: Spa post-race chat

Author Topic: S4R3: Spa post-race chat  (Read 18086 times)

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
S4R3: Spa post-race chat
« on: December 02, 2014, 10:26:55 PM »
Go for it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Matthew111

• View Profile
Re: S4R3: Spa post-race chat
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2014, 10:41:14 PM »
mercs a tank but a good tank once you get used to it lol

qualy: was happy with my laps but couldn't match toms McLaren.

race1: Got away well but then on cold tyres went wide coming on to the back straight and stupidly slipped into 2nd but managed to quickly get back into the lead thanks to the mercs awesome straight line speed. Stayed in the lead watching the gaps but wasn't really happy with the car and by the end the tyres were shot and I had toms McLaren all over me on the last lap. He got me just before the back straight where I was then able to get back at him around the outside of the fast left, he hit my door on the exit there where the turn slightly tightens and spun not much I could do I left room I was on the very edge of the track there so not much I can do about that... but hey review it if you like lol

race 2: Awesome race I just had missile lock on toms McLaren every lap was a qualy lap lol and we had even pace. Pitted lap 9 same as tom and resumed wrangling the merc for everything it had, got to lap 17 I got past tom down the straight but then got punted in the rear fairly clean, I rekon that's a definite review for a readdress.
do you even motorsports?

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2014, 11:08:08 PM »
Race Results and Charts
Season Standings

Congratulations to Matthew111  and Tom on the race wins and Matthew111 on the round win.

Round Points
Matthew111   72
Tom   71
Ysu   63
StanDaam   63
Guybrush Threepwood   61
Wally   56
Freezer   54
Schmittez   45
Dave O   44
Imperious   34
Gratulin   33
Vipergod   31
cramjet   31
GWyar   31
Insomniac   31
Krahl   28
Rob   26
Phil   24
EdWood   23
Aiman   23
RPM   22
Grubbet   20
Bacchulum   14

Season Podium
1. Mathew111, 136
2. Ysu, 134
3. Guybrush Threepwood, 132

And TKO Racing (Me and Ysu) have overtaken Achilles Heels (Marty and Guybrush), 241 to 236.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2014, 11:29:26 PM »
And some Pit Lane Penalty stats:

The only guys who didn't run it were Imperious and Vipergod, but we established that they didn't enable the app in the AC launcher.

Drive through penalties were given to Vipergod, cramjet and Grubbet.

Vipergod, I looked at your replay, and you didn't actually slow down that much during your cut. You went off at about 130 kph and re-entered at about 120. You were slowing down just before your cut. That's why it triggered as a cut.

Offline cramjet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2014, 11:44:03 PM »
I had loads of fun. With the PC and net issues sorted it was great to be running somewhat competitively. The back of the pack is racing very clean now from what I've seen so it makes for a lot of fun even when you're not at the front.

A general lack of practice (car, track & wallys app) made for some silly mistakes but I really enjoyed the racing  ;D

See y'all next week!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 12:09:07 AM »
Race 1 was alright. I was chasing Krahl and Freezer for a bit, and passed them when they had an accident. Was slowly gaining on StanDaam, but too slowly.

Race 2 was good fun before I pitted. I couldn't get a decent qually lap in due to my own silly mistakes, so started a few spots down on race 1. I missed all accidents, but brain faded into the wall once early without any real damage. In a few other brain fade moments I shifted down instead of up (getting used to the sequential), which resulted in a yellow engine on the damage icon, but I didn't really notice any difference.

Near the end of my first stint, I had caught up to Dave O, and while I was hoping for a repeat of the great race we had at Mugello, I decided to pit before he did to get out of the traffic. But then Dave pitted, so I changed my mind and stayed out on track for one more lap to get a clear run. After my pitstop, it was a lonely race, half way between Freezer and Dave O, with about 10 seconds in front and behind, pretty much to the end.

Offline Aiman Haziq

• Karts are the best!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 12:20:53 AM »
[youtube]BJKK0MlYF2o[/youtube]

What happened in my Race 2 , hope AC fix these messup warping :/ My internet was ok and so is Ed Wood i think in terms of ping.

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 01:23:27 AM »
Aiman I did get a look at Edwood's router during the week, couldnt really find whats causing his random lag. I think it could be something to do with the fact its a potato but Im not so sure yet. ;D

Offline Guybrush Threepwood

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 06:52:09 AM »
Both races I was driving around in a damaged car.

First race I was following the guys through eau rouge on lap 1 and as I had to run next to no down force I just got a little bit wiggly and around she went into the fence.  Dropped down to about 16th and managed to make my way back up to 8th.

Race 2 was a great race.   I was having a battle with Bird for the first couple of laps when we came up to some backpackers.  Not sure what they were thinking but they crashed right in front of me and I slammed into them which destroyed my front splitter and cracked the windscreen and bent my steering which was annoying.  They may not have realised they were being lapped.  Anyway knuckled down after that and made a few passes and got some clear air for a couple of laps before pitting.   I came out just behind Bird and Stamdam with 7 laps to go and spent the rest of the race little by little clawing time back when I passed Bird on the second last lap and Stamdam into the final corner of the last lap for third.

I couldn't have done much more than third as the front 2 finished 30+ seconds in front!

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 07:48:08 AM »
Both races I was driving around in a damaged car.

First race I was following the guys through eau rouge on lap 1 and as I had to run next to no down force I just got a little bit wiggly and around she went into the fence.  Dropped down to about 16th and managed to make my way back up to 8th.

Race 2 was a great race.   I was having a battle with Bird for the first couple of laps when we came up to some backpackers.  Not sure what they were thinking but they crashed right in front of me and I slammed into them which destroyed my front splitter and cracked the windscreen and bent my steering which was annoying.  They may not have realised they were being lapped.  Anyway knuckled down after that and made a few passes and got some clear air for a couple of laps before pitting.   I came out just behind Bird and Stamdam with 7 laps to go and spent the rest of the race little by little clawing time back when I passed Bird on the second last lap and Stamdam into the final corner of the last lap for third.

I couldn't have done much more than third as the front 2 finished 30+ seconds in front!

Who let the backpackers onto the track?

Bacchulum, if you saw me have a weird crash when you were following me in race 2, it's because my centre speaker fell onto my keyboard when I yanked the wheel mid-corner, hit the F5 key and changed my view to external, side on. That was a little distracting.

Offline Bird

• Administrator
  • Ysu
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 09:15:20 AM »
Good races!

First one I was gifted a few positions, early on as well as near the end; the guys way up in front of me came together, so it was all mine :)

The 2nd started out all right, I just got a bit careful with the curbs after the long straight, as they caught me once in quali.  But then it went all right, and near the end we had a great battle with StanDaam, he had heaps of speed on his softs for 3-4 laps, but then I started to come up on him.  I also got a bit relaxed with the curbs and as Guybrush came up on me.  3 laps to the end I hooked myself on one, and nearly spun around.  It was a good save but the position was lost, also the chance for an overtake.  Still, I've really enjoyed the racing.   Spa maybe a tad too long for too much action.

P.S.
I was very wary of the warps.  In praccy, I was following Gratulin and what happened was similar to Aiman's video above.  Around the same distance, too.   

This is something we prolly should protest about on their forums, it's really bad form to allow a car to jump meters on the track to another location - and then back as well, ffs!   I'd say if the car jumps, make it a ghost for a few seconds. 
Network problems are inevitable, we're on the net, shit happens.  But one can, and should calculate for it.

Offline StanDaam

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »
Geez that a nasty warp attack Aiman, ouch!
I had an excellent night of racing, ended up with a pair of 4ths, very happy  :)
Race 1 spent trailing Bird and just couldn't match his speed, but very happy to be up the front.
Race 2 was an excellent race with Freezer at the start and then Bird and GT at the end. With myself on worn out softs, Bird on mediums and GT in a busted Lotus, it made for an excellent finish!! Another 10 metres and I would have got him back!!. Another lap and I would have lost it all!!
Also I thought the cars were much better matched without the 599...
Cheers to Wally for organizing our racings!!

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 12:08:26 PM »
Good nights racing also...
Managed a 7th in qual which was okay and on avoiding some early carnage found myself in 5th however a few laps in Krahl gave me a bit of a tap and I went round and was back to 10th.  Pushed on with the car showing a damaged rear but it felt ok.  Had a great fight with Grattulin in his Merc which had good straight line speed but a 2nd last lap hold my breath dive saw me eventually grab the spot for 9th.
R2:  Slightly better qual to start 5th.  I spent most of the first stint with Standam pressuring me from behind but was able to hold him out.  After the pit stop I seemed to drop a couple of spots (need to speed up the fuel/tyre selection process) and from there the lead group had a 4 sec gap which I could only maintain until the end.

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 12:18:42 PM »

Offline marty

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »
Good races!
Spa maybe a tad too long for too much action.

I dont see how length of track has any effect on proper racing action as in racing for position? Races are the same distance in time and so if your 20 seconds behind someone at the end of the 45 min race this would be the same at Nords or Barbagallo. The only real difference is you will have more lapped traffic to deal with at the short track. The way AC is lapping cars is quite a hazard due to poor mirror and no official blue flags so Id rather not need to lap anyone in a race to avoid getting caught up in someones accident.

Last years 24hr race at Nords there was a great battle between 2 cars either for the lead or 2nd 3rd places that lasted 2 full fuel runs, so nearly 3hrs. In this time they werent seperated by more then a couple seconds and changed positions most laps. Thats about as long a lap as you get and the racing there can be pretty epic, even in AC Ive had some good battles that lasted a few laps there.

If your not matched up to anyone pace wise then there wont be much action for you no matter the track unless your caught further back then your real race pace fighting back through the pack. Reverse grid racing would be a blast if we could do it somehow in the future.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal