Xtreme Gaming Network

Fun run - Lotus 98T at Hockenheimring GP

Author Topic: Fun run - Lotus 98T at Hockenheimring GP  (Read 16174 times)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
Re: Fun run - Lotus 98T at Hockenheimring GP
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 06:33:49 PM »
Yea!!!   I had a ball and  kicking ozzie`s asses is always fun!!!!   :o :o :o :o

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2020, 07:03:14 PM »
This car is not a good car for a default setup season imo.

Disagree.

For me this is an especially good car for fixed setup. The reason is a decent setup with the Lotus 98T can give a driver a lot of extra speed, spreading the field out even further.  With slower easier cars like the upcoming BMW M1 changing the setup doesn't really matter, there are no real advantage to be found.

Waiting for the counter argue Killa  :P
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 09:04:22 PM by Mael »

Offline Seanus

• RestrictedRacing
  • ∞+1|ℵ₀ Seanus
    • View Profile
    • GzeroD's output
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2020, 07:58:45 PM »
Disagree.

For me this is an especially bad car for a fixed setup. The reason is a less than ideal setup with the Lotus 98T can give a good driver some trouble but an average driver a lot of extra pain, thus spreading the field out even further.   Slower easier cars like the upcoming BMW M1 shouldn't even be in the consideration as they don't really matter.

Waiting for the counter argument..  :P
I always knew the Sun shone out of my arse. Sean's bum is an anagram of Sunbeams.

Offline Mael

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2020, 09:28:15 PM »
Disagree.

For me this is an especially bad car for a fixed setup. The reason is a less than ideal setup with the Lotus 98T can give a good driver some trouble but an average driver a lot of extra pain, thus spreading the field out even further.   Slower easier cars like the upcoming BMW M1 shouldn't even be in the consideration as they don't really matter.

Waiting for the counter argument..  :P

I withdraw my statement about the BMW M1 being slow or the implication that it is easy to drive. Its almost more of a handful than the Lotus 98T!

But on fixed setups I will stick to my guns and say that most of us are of roughly equal driving talent (Past few season's Joe excluded). We all mostly average which limit the field spread due to inherent driver talent differences, luck of the day probably plays a bigger part. If KCender and GB participate then it is a different matter. However, they would probably win in any case whether setup changes are allowed or not.

Offline Freezer

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2020, 10:03:53 PM »
I withdraw my statement about the BMW M1 being slow or the implication that it is easy to drive. Its almost more of a handful than the Lotus 98T!
Well I suggested the M1 and I can hardly complete a lap without crashing.  At this stage I was doing better in the Lotus..  ::)

I did also suggest the BMW M235i Racing which is slightly less powerful but a way better handling car . . .
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 10:28:25 PM by Freezer »

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 07:58:05 AM »
Well I suggested the M1 and I can hardly complete a lap without crashing.  At this stage I was doing better in the Lotus..  ::)

I did also suggest the BMW M235i Racing which is slightly less powerful but a way better handling car . . .
I'll post my setup. I was having a blast in it.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 08:30:01 AM »

Disagree.

For me this is an especially good car for fixed setup. The reason is a decent setup with the Lotus 98T can give a driver a lot of extra speed, spreading the field out even further.  With slower easier cars like the upcoming BMW M1 changing the setup doesn't really matter, there are no real advantage to be found.

I agree. There are some who are unable or disinclined to spend a lot of time on setups, and then have the gnawing doubt that the fast guys have found a silver bullet setup. A fixed setup levels the playing field a bit more in a car that's already difficult to drive. But ideally, someone would develop a safe setup (whether that be softer springs, more camber, more aero) that becomes the fixed setup. I.e. a setup that I can drive.
“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

Offline killagorilla

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2020, 08:39:06 AM »

Disagree.

Hmm...the tricky question is, 'what's a decent setup?'
Joe says 'default is great', I say 'this car is uncontrollable'. Of course Joe is right because he proves he's faster on default.
Guess basis for a fun season for me is some good close racing and that I actually manage to keep the car on track and cross the finish line.
The option making changes to the setup would help me keeping it on track...that's usually at the expense of the car being willing to turn in easily, max speed in fast turns and top speed.
I'm sure it's not just Joe, who wouldn't like my setup.
However, it helps me finishing the race somewhere in the bulk...whether it's on the podium, 6th or 10th...doesn't matter.

So I disagree on the extra speed thing...making the rear-end more stable usually comes with undesired side effects.  :)

Offline Simone

• Xtreme Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2020, 08:59:08 AM »
WELL!!    I was surprised to kick asses with the lotus.Is true i love open wheelers but is also true that the fun race was the first time i touched the steering wheel in months.And ye i like the idea of fix setups for a change cause i am lazy and for sure i do not understand much of setups.

Apologies for the last season as i signed up and never show up!! But i tell ya,,,,,,,i am bloody busy with my crops etc. Next season if we have one, i will be there cause i love this bunch of poofters like you........especially Wally,......the biggest poofter of all   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline Wally

• Administrator
  • AC Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2020, 10:05:58 AM »
WELL!!    I was surprised to kick asses with the lotus.Is true i love open wheelers but is also true that the fun race was the first time i touched the steering wheel in months.And ye i like the idea of fix setups for a change cause i am lazy and for sure i do not understand much of setups.

Apologies for the last season as i signed up and never show up!! But i tell ya,,,,,,,i am bloody busy with my crops etc. Next season if we have one, i will be there cause i love this bunch of poofters like you........especially Wally,......the biggest poofter of all   :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
LOL, Simone you are something else. But busy is good!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal