Xtreme Gaming Network

S18R4: Bridgehampton Post-Race Chat

Author Topic: S18R4: Bridgehampton Post-Race Chat  (Read 9642 times)

Offline GymnasticHippo

• View Profile
Re: S18R4: Bridgehampton Post-Race Chat
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:59 PM »
I just couldn't keep up, I would get past people in corners and then get passed on the straights or was held up in corners and lost it down the straights losing even more time, half way through race 1 I knew it was going to be a dropped round and just did laps

I know I was one of those drivers where you had that scenario.

If anyone has Race 2 replay files would be greatly appreciated. I've got the settings sorted out now so should be right in the future. Had some great close racing with KCender87; finished with a 0.07s margin (he trumped me). snagged this out of the 2 minutes of replay footage I saved locally.

Offline RussG

• View Profile
Some days you're the pigeon,
Some days you're the statue ...

Offline bradc

• RestrictedRacing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 05:31:09 PM »
.....the second half was a great battle with Bradc.  With a restrictor of 46 he would completely blow me off on the main straight so I was up the inside round the outside, everywhere through the bends
only for him to blast past again on the home straight.  This went on for many laps.  I peaked in 12th position bu then on lap 14 my wheel came off the desk . .

I was wondering what had happened to you as that was such an intense see-saw battle. If it wasn't for the restricter diffence I would have had. I hope as I had no idea how to get off that last corner quickly, consistently.  It was great to be able to race with you for many laps side by side with each of us giving the other racing room. I must admit I really didn't like that track, mainly because my inability to know how to setup a car was amplified around there. Also I couldn't seem to get a flow going as some laps I could slide through a corner and the time it was quick and other laps also I could keep the car straight and it was doing similar times, so I had a very hard time trying to work out what to do where. The only plus side was that tyre wear was not an issue for me

Offline kcender87

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 04:02:15 PM »
I just couldn't keep up, I would get past people in corners and then get passed on the straights or was held up in corners and lost it down the straights losing even more time, half way through race 1 I knew it was going to be a dropped round and just did laps

I know I was one of those drivers where you had that scenario.

If anyone has Race 2 replay files would be greatly appreciated. I've got the settings sorted out now so should be right in the future. Had some great close racing with KCender87; finished with a 0.07s margin (he trumped me). snagged this out of the 2 minutes of replay footage I saved locally.

That was a rather stressful sprint to the line - I knew I had noting up the straight - my only hope was to make you weave a little more than I did :P good race sir

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal